Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:42:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Deadpool 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deadpool 2  (Read 13374 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 06:35:56 AM

This was hilarious. I loved Domino, I'm glad they didn't change her just to please the 7 people who care about comic books.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 09:05:51 AM

To be fair, six of them were racist as fuck and the other one was a different type of moron.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 09:26:44 AM

I saw it last night at the Imax near me. I liked it more than the first one (which is pretty rare). The superteam stuff was very well done. Overall I thought it was better paced than the first and the jokes felt more on point. Ragging on Rob Liefeld whenever Cable was in a scene by mocking his pouches was just awesome.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:34 AM

loved the jab about being unable to draw feet  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 19, 2018, 08:45:27 AM

I enjoyed it, but felt it was far shy of the original.  I am surprised they use that villain there given the opportunities that surround it in the X-men films in general...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #40 on: May 19, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

A bit scattered compared to the first one which isn't necessarily a problem with this character, but I would put it below the first one as well. Some great cameos though.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: May 20, 2018, 12:35:16 AM

I'm not sure which I'd say is better - this one clearly had a bigger budget. I think I laughed harder and longer with this one and will forever remember the phrase "shirtcocking." The ending went a little long, almost to hobbit bed jumping degrees. The opening credits were just genius. Brolin as Cable and Beetz as Domino were great, and the cameos were hilarious, even the ones I didn't figure out without looking online. X-Force is going to be fun.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 20, 2018, 10:30:45 PM

I loved this movie but I didn't laugh as much from this as oppose to the original. The problem with deadpool as a comic book character is once you've read one deadpool comic you've read all deadpool comics and the joke starts to run thin by the end of the 1st book. Since the jokes and the style of humor are starting to run thin, the actual attention to telling a better story from the ashes of many jokes and gags that land flat makes up for it. Movie gets a B+
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 21, 2018, 06:26:20 AM

It was pretty good, but not quite as good as the original.  Had a hard time understanding some lines, don’t know if my theater had a bad sound system or if something was wrong with the soundtrack.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 21, 2018, 07:07:55 AM

I know i missed a lot of lines simply from too much laughing.

I am the .00000001428%
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #45 on: May 21, 2018, 10:20:34 AM

One of the advantages of seeing movies in non English speaking countries.  There is a delay between when you hear the joke and everybody else reads it.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 21, 2018, 11:36:34 AM

RIP X-Force. Heartbreak
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 05:40:25 PM

I liked it a lot--a goodly amount of the humor required knowledge of the comics, though. I found the occasional turn to seriousness kind of off-putting, but it's a really delicate balance--the character can't just be pure 4th Wall hilarity, he needs a bit of real grounding. The arc in the comics where he and Captain America and Wolverine have to shut down a fucked-up North Korean attempt to clone super-soldiers was a good example of leavening silly shit with serious shit.

I kept expecting the headmaster to be someone rather than just being an asshole anti-mutant pedophile.

Seeing Shatterstar etc. disposed of was extremely fun. I was actually worried that they'd be treated mildly seriously.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 06:48:04 PM

Seeing Shatterstar etc. disposed of was extremely fun. I was actually worried that they'd be treated mildly seriously.

It was genius to show them all fighting in the trailer.

I am the .00000001428%
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 09:00:25 PM

I kept expecting the headmaster to be someone rather than just being an asshole anti-mutant pedophile.
Yeah.  I thought they might do more with that, and the whole "school" where the kid was tortured being part of a Essex operation.   For a second, I almost thought they were tying it into the post credit scene for X-Men Apocalypse.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 09:04:28 PM

Just saw it. Best post credit sequence evar!

And that fucking song if you made it to the very end of the credits.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 12:07:44 AM

It was hard to hear in the scene it played during the movie. Gave us an opportunity to really let those lyrics sink in.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 03, 2018, 01:16:10 PM

Saw this Friday night and loved it. I'm not sure if I liked it better than the first one, but it's only because they were both so good. Can't wait for X-Force.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Deadpool 2  
Jump to: