Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Foxhole, WW2 type MMO 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foxhole, WW2 type MMO  (Read 10338 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: July 27, 2017, 05:15:50 PM

I've never heard of this game until today.  Looks like a kind of WW2 Online meets Company of Heroes.  It's in early access so I'm staying away for now but it looks intriguing and different from your standard MMO.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/Foxhole/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSYkt6fzrQ
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 12:58:17 AM

This is really good. I spent the first twenty minutes wondering what the fuck. Then I learnt how to get materials, build a gun, submit it to the stockpile of my faction, how to jump in a truck and get to the front line. And I found the fun.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

Sounds intriguing, but I am never spending a dime on another Early Access game. Finish the fucker and put a price tag on it, and I can make my decision then.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 10:05:53 AM

I was surprised to see this as third in the Steam top sellers list, since it seems pretty cheesy. I don't remember grandad telling us how he parachuted into France then built a truck to get to the frontline.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 06:02:58 PM

I was surprised to see this as third in the Steam top sellers list, since it seems pretty cheesy. I don't remember grandad telling us how he parachuted into France then built a truck to get to the frontline.

Technically it's not a WW2 game.  The two factions are Colonials and Wardens.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 03:25:45 PM

No one cares about that kind of thing if the game is fun.

Is the game fun?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 10:44:03 AM

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 08:21:47 PM

That was a fun 15 minutes of footage from... 5 hours worth? I guess that compares favorably to World War 2 Online, at least.
Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 01:46:42 AM

Oh look... it's a reboot of Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor!

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:37 AM

waste of 20$, didn't find it very fun.

Long periods of running back and forth hauling supplies around so you can build a lot of forts and heavy weapons that can blow up the other teams' forts. The battles themselves are kind of a spammy mess as you can kind of see in the video, just a lot of projectiles being fired your way from offscreen as you try and push through a chokepoint.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 02:23:39 PM

So...a bit like WW2?  why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Foxhole, WW2 type MMO  
Jump to: