Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: 'Hoods north of Alpharetta, GA? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Hoods north of Alpharetta, GA?  (Read 3976 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: July 21, 2017, 04:14:47 PM

Running some recon (no job change... yet) but my spidey senses are tingling.

Trying to get a feel for small towns within 45 minutes of Alpharetta, GA.  I know some peeps here are from the ATL, so curious on input.  Good schools are a must with low population (preferably with acreage at a decent cost).

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:22:02 PM

hoods?

all of georgia

ʘ‿ʘ
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:33:05 PM

Alpharetta is north Atlanta, north of there is Squidbilly Land, just with a longer commute.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 04:38:02 PM

Alpharetta is north Atlanta, north of there is Squidbilly Land, just with a longer commute.

Exactly.  Any suggestions?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 04:49:07 PM

You're looking at north Atalanta, which from Chattanooga on I-75 to south Atlanta is starting to be one giant developed strip. I think it's going to depend on prices of the places that meet your requirements (acreage) and willingness to suck up the commute (which by west coast/New England standards isn't *that* bad but it definitely isn't fun). Essentially how far out into the country are you ok with respect to commute times and how bad of a school system you can tolerate. There aren't really any *good* school systems outside of Atlanta rich white people territory to my knowledge.

Whatever you do, don't live south of Atlanta and come north, you'll hate that.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 04:58:32 PM

You're looking at north Atalanta, which from Chattanooga on I-75 to south Atlanta is starting to be one giant developed strip. I think it's going to depend on prices of the places that meet your requirements (acreage) and willingness to suck up the commute (which by west coast/New England standards isn't *that* bad but it definitely isn't fun). Essentially how far out into the country are you ok with respect to commute times and how bad of a school system you can tolerate. There aren't really any *good* school systems outside of Atlanta rich white people territory to my knowledge.

Whatever you do, don't live south of Atlanta and come north, you'll hate that.

As far as the outskirts of Helen.  Around 45 minutes to an hour.

No plans to live south.  Schools are a big deal as we will need kindergarten to high school.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 12:37:16 PM

For commutes, I'd suggest living between Alpharetta and the ATL for that counter-commute feel.  As for schools, they all suck in GA.  I also don't know of any "bad" neighborhoods in that area.

Maybe you want to live in the mountains, though, and drive south to Alpharetta.  I can't advise on that but I assume plenty of others do it.  That tech corridor is outside my commute range and no one there wants me to be remote, so fuck'em.

I know at least one person who lives in Dawsonville and commutes to downtown ATL.  It can be done.  I know another guy who moved from Dawsonville into the residential void that is East Cobb, and he said if I ever heard him complain about his new commute that I should slap him.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 05:17:28 PM

Maybe you want to live in the mountains, though, and drive south to Alpharetta.  I can't advise on that but I assume plenty of others do it.  That tech corridor is outside my commute range and no one there wants me to be remote, so fuck'em.

I know at least one person who lives in Dawsonville and commutes to downtown ATL.  It can be done.  I know another guy who moved from Dawsonville into the residential void that is East Cobb, and he said if I ever heard him complain about his new commute that I should slap him.

Pretty much where my thoughts are.  Silver City or slightly north.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 11:30:35 AM

Not my area.  Probably perfectly safe for white people.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:53 PM

Dahlonega GA isn't bad. Smaller town, real estate isn't bad. They have a neat little down square and a college up there. Also there's a winery up there too, and it's close to the Lake Lanier area.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: 'Hoods north of Alpharetta, GA?  
Jump to: