Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Kingsmen: The Golden Circle 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kingsmen: The Golden Circle  (Read 4611 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

on: July 21, 2017, 01:17:09 PM

I looked but no previous thread was found.  There's a sequel.  I'm not sure if I should be offended that the US branch is all cowboys and Wild West, or just embrace the sheer craziness and go with it.

Red Band trailers, although there's not much NSFW other than language, IMO.  Still, fair warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly4G-Mb2IBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrRHw9T2wo

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 01:45:17 PM

I'm *stoked.* Kingsman was a nearly perfect movie. While this looks like a reskin, whatever. It'll still be better than like 23 of the 24 Bond movies.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:34:25 PM

Yeah, that looks great.  Any chance they acknowledge the baby holocaust of the first movie? I'm guessing no.

I am the .00000001428%
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:31 PM

Saw it, it's like the original turned up to 11 but something is lacking.  A bit of a mess but an entertaining movie.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 02:17:02 PM

Saw it, it's like the original turned up to 11 but something is lacking.
Being original? I mean, the only reason to like this one is if you wanted more. More what? More everything.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:48 PM

Saw it, it's like the original turned up to 11 but something is lacking.
Being original? I mean, the only reason to like this one is if you wanted more. More what? More everything.

Well, it does have Julianne Moore, so there you go.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:01 AM

This was nowhere near as fun as the first.

I am the .00000001428%
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 02:40:48 PM

This was nowhere near as fun as the first.

I am at 1:20 of 2:20, and fully agree.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:28:00 AM

It lacked some of the charm of the first movie, mainly because the Americans were so undeveloped. Plus the villain was just TOO over-the-top psychotic. Take away the people-as-burgers angle and she's quirky and misaligned enough to be equal to Jackon's character. With that in there she's just mustache-twirly.

The B-plot of the lost memories and butterflies didn't play well either. It should have resolved a bit sooner, rather than stretching into the end. Additionally, wiping-out all the Kingsmen was just a lame attempt to add some drama and pathos. Especially the last one.

So yeah, much less fun because they tried to put some sort of real stakes into a campy spy movie.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 10:06:26 AM

The B-plot of the lost memories and butterflies didn't play well either. It should have resolved a bit sooner, rather than stretching into the end. Additionally, wiping-out all the Kingsmen was just a lame attempt to add some drama and pathos. Especially the last one.

Especially since they'd already done that during the last movie.  Only to bring one of them back for this movie.   swamp poop

Maybe the dumbness is supposed to be self-parodying?  I dunno.  Still fairly entertaining.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 01:03:59 PM

I didn't hate it but it was nowhere near as good as the original.

Merlin and Lancelot was a complete waste and unnecessary. For that matter, the princes was forced and contrived as part of the plot. Elton seemed to be having fun - more so than the other cast members.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 01:13:48 PM

Maybe the dumbness is supposed to be self-parodying?

This is based on a Mark Millar comic. So yes, the dumbness is intentional - most of his stories start with good concepts, then go full retard by the end.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 07:35:59 PM

campy spy movie didn't have camp
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 11:25:00 PM

Just saw this, on demand now. Really annoyed me that they killed off two British characters from the first one, seemingly just to make room to replace them with American characters. This series is not made better by Channing Tatum and Halle Berry.

A few good laughs, but totally pales to the original.

Oh, and apparently Vaughn's original cut wasn't 2:20.  It was 3:40 and they made him cut it down.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 09:23:25 PM

Saw this on the plane. Was plane-worthy and killed 2.5 hours in mild amusement/entertainment.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Kingsmen: The Golden Circle  
Jump to: