Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Green man gaming summer sale 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Green man gaming summer sale 2017  (Read 48280 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:49 AM

Went with Witcher 3.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:59 AM

Everyone should absolutely get Witcher 3.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 11:34:30 AM

The new Hitman is really good. However, I wasn't inspired enough by what I played to go beyond the story lines. It's all still too much trial and error for me.  So for me, it's up in the air if it's worth it at that price. I got 10 hours out of it, but there's still a lot more there and that's not including replaying a level to approach it differently.

Witcher 3 is really worth it at almost any price. It's just an outstanding game. Definitely up there with Persona 5 and MGSV (after I got farther in) in the games that I've enjoy really enjoyed in the last couple of years.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 11:53:54 AM

Oxenfree is 75% off and I hear it's a pretty fun 5-6 hours.

Other than that, nothing really at a price point I want.

I would've taken Endless Space 2 or Battlegrounds for 10% off.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

The new Hitman is really good. However, I wasn't inspired enough by what I played to go beyond the story lines. It's all still too much trial and error for me.  So for me, it's up in the air if it's worth it at that price. I got 10 hours out of it, but there's still a lot more there and that's not including replaying a level to approach it differently.

It's been a while since I've played a game designed around reloading and trying different ways, or having failure be kinda fun because you can reload and try a different tactic.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 03:57:18 PM

It's been a while since I've played a game designed around reloading and trying different ways, or having failure be kinda fun because you can reload and try a different tactic.

Didn't they design it intentionally to have a bunch of "disposable" time limited stuff specifically to discourage people from waiting and buying it on sale?  And had some flap about always online DRM or something?

I'd check myself, but I'm dreading loading up that store page more and more every day.  Every time I see that "recommended for you" section, I get the impression that Steam is judging me.  "Hey, based on the things you've been playing, we think you might enjoy: Mountains of total garbage!  Don't see anything you want today?  Well, that's okay, we'll shove the same six games at you over and over until you buy them just to get them off the fucking screen!  Or are you suddenly too discerning for such gems as 'Too Angry to Space' and 'Dead Pixels'?"
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 07:27:55 AM

Hmm, Wasteland, Stardew Valley, X-Com 2, 8-Bit Armies, Subnautica, Shadowrun, all on sale! I have the Witcher 3 complete (or whatever it is called) for PS4, I wish they had all 3 Witcher games (the complete packages too) bundled up. WTF! I did find the bundle, when I first searched it didn't have it, then next time it has it. Going to get some games and then work some overtime :)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 08:39:54 AM

Didn't they design it intentionally to have a bunch of "disposable" time limited stuff specifically to discourage people from waiting and buying it on sale? 
So much of life is perspective. I saw that as rewarding people who supported the game while it was releasing the episodic content and an interesting event-style feature. Plenty of games do limited-time events.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

Oxenfree is 75% off and I hear it's a pretty fun 5-6 hours.
I enjoyed oxenfree. Would also mention furi and hyper light drifter that are 50% off.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 09:10:28 PM

Just popping in to remind people to buy and play fucking Firewatch. Still the best game I've played since Demon's Souls.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 09:34:05 PM

If I buy everything on my wishlist that is more than 50% off (plus Bayonetta), it's nearly $400. I am going to have to do some triage on this.

--Dave (let's see, I already played about 300 hours worth of Fallout 4 on XBox....)

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 10:16:06 PM

better solution

take garbage off your wishlist
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 10:40:47 PM

better solution

It's for research.  That's my story, and I am sticking to it. More to the point, I have bought almost nothing in the last 3 years, and have a lot to catch up on.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 07:08:58 AM

better solution

It's for research.  That's my story, and I am sticking to it. More to the point, I have bought almost nothing in the last 3 years, and have a lot to catch up on.

--Dave
You missed:
Firewatch
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 08:01:10 AM

Firewatch is great. I played it in one sitting on my playstation months back.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 08:34:39 AM

You missed:
Firewatch
In the cart, didn't see it was less than 50% discount (just checked, 55% off). Mentioned Bayonetta specifically only because it was breaking my 50% rule.

Is this your subtle way of getting another Firewatch nag in? We get it, Firewatch is robot Jesus giving us a blowjob.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: June 25, 2017, 08:51:04 AM

No it's me saying in the last three years you didn't miss nearly anything, so I have no clue how your wish list is 400 bucks big during the summer scale.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 08:17:35 AM

I actually pulled the trigger on Witcher 3 because you guys keep hyping it.  Dropped Stardew in there as well because at that price why not.  Fall of Cybertron is on a massive 80% off so I nabbed that, too.  I have zero complaints about any of them so far.

In fact, if you don't have FoT it's worth the $10 for the Grimlock portions of the game alone. So much carnage.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 11:01:52 AM

Picked up Talos Principle and Year Walk. Will get Firewatch soon, it's on the wishlist.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 02:21:38 PM

Bought hollow knight on gog because it was cheaper there.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 02, 2017, 06:05:21 PM

Any good RPG or Turn Based Strategy games I might have missed the last few year? I'm almost done with Darkest Dungeon.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 03, 2017, 07:07:27 AM

Any good RPG or Turn Based Strategy games I might have missed the last few year? I'm almost done with Darkest Dungeon.

Invisible Inc?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 03, 2017, 07:38:29 AM

Invisible Inc?

Played it. Good game!
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 03, 2017, 11:54:39 AM

I broke down and bought Tyranny from Paradox. It's the one where you're in the world where the Dominator broke free and took over the world. Having fun with it so far.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 12:51:41 AM

Thimbleweed Park (Oldschool Point and Click Adventure SCUMM (sp?) style)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #60 on: July 05, 2017, 12:35:58 PM

So, I purchased a bunch of games in the last 20 minutes of the sale:

- Life is Strange
- Lords of the Fallen

- Headlander
- Hollow Knight
- Shovel Knight complete edition
- Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap (yep, I'm in a platformer mood :P)

on GOG (during the mid-june sale):

- Darkest Dungeon DLC
- Homeworld Remastered collection (never played Homeworld, always read great things about it)
- Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)
- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
- Gold Box: Krynn series
- Gold Box: Ravenloft series (considering a Radicalthon about it)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #61 on: July 05, 2017, 12:52:40 PM

Totally forgot this was running after the first couple days and ended up buying nothing. My Steam queue from Humble Bundle purchases is still pretty large anyhow.

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #62 on: July 05, 2017, 02:55:52 PM

I bought the Shogun 2 stuff I hadn't gotten yet (fall of samurai), Shadows of Mordor and a few indie sub $2.50 games

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 05, 2017, 03:19:19 PM

I picked up Domina and Punch Club. So far worth what I paid, easily. Nothing else went low enough or was something I had time to play (I'm looking at you Witcher 3).
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 05, 2017, 04:57:28 PM

Stuck to my usual Rocksmith DLC refresh. Nothing else, but I'm having fun in 7D2D and will probably play a good long game of it once it's out of experimental (right now just messing around between unstable releases and it's awesome, so...). Saved me $$$. Which I should probably spend on a new PSU...
schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: July 05, 2017, 05:40:32 PM

I bought exactly zero things.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 05, 2017, 05:47:38 PM

Meant to buy two games today but forgot while painting the living room.  I'm not terribly disappointed.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #67 on: July 05, 2017, 05:55:33 PM

Total spend:

Fallout: New Vegas $3.74
Dishonored $2.49
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #68 on: July 05, 2017, 06:01:58 PM

I bought a small pile of stuff, probably about $50 total.  So far the only thing I've played is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is pretty entertaining.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #69 on: July 05, 2017, 07:14:41 PM

I bought RimWorld, Craft the World and ASSCREED:Rogue. Why on the last one? Not sure, I think alcohol was involved.

RimWorld is good so far though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Green man gaming summer sale 2017  
Jump to: