Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Gadgets, Devices, Things and Stuff 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gadgets, Devices, Things and Stuff  (Read 107320 times)
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: July 05, 2020, 06:35:19 AM

Those are pretty solid but big options. I'd actually be totally happy with lower power Type C options though. A regular phone charger actually puts out enough juice for the Chromebook. Definitely going to stick with the Anker though, I've heard way too many horror stories to trust a no-name Chinese brand with stuff that can actually explode.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #246 on: July 05, 2020, 08:53:19 AM

Then you are back to my original recommendation with something like this (for compactness):

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Anker-PowerPort-MacBook-Laptops/dp/B083LK6KMV

With the single PD Type-C for the Chromebook and 2 Type-As, one which you’ll need to used with the Type-A to Type-C cable to charge your phone, albeit at a slower rate than an 18W PD port can provide.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:38:05 AM by Trippy »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #247 on: July 05, 2020, 11:04:40 AM

I had an Anker USB charger (circa 2014) literally melt, it is still a cheap Chinese brand. Luckily I had to move the iPad it was charging (our POS) and found the problem before it burned down the library (it was next to a shelf full of books).

I've begun doing without rather than relying on dangerous garbage (dad was a fire fighter and is appalled at the amount of cheap fire hazards people are loading their homes with).

At the least, never leave any of these things plugged in unattended. Inspect your fire extinguishers regularly and drill on their usage (that info needs to be in the subconscious when a fire breaks out!).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Gadgets, Devices, Things and Stuff  
Jump to: