Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Total War: Warhammer 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer 2  (Read 38581 times)
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 13, 2021, 10:40:56 PM

Rakarth is confirmed as the FLC LL, coming this week on the 18th.

Which means the next DLC won't have Dark Elves. Will likely be a game 1 race pack. The smart money is on VC versus Beastmen.
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 16, 2021, 01:15:18 PM

Which lord do you think they might add for the beastmen?

They surely do need a rework on some of their stuff.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 16, 2021, 05:28:20 PM

Taurox I imagine.

They need a few more monster units, but most of all they need better campaign mechanics. Beastmen were actually fun in WH1, but the improved AI just resettles immediately now, and unless you put chaos invasion on legendary there is no help coming from the North.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 05:30:44 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 03, 2021, 02:49:02 PM

Last dlc, The Silence and the Fury.

Oxyotl versus Taurox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syIoix1i5YM

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #74 on: June 03, 2021, 06:14:31 PM

This game is 66% off at Steam until June 11, with numerous DLC also 10%-50% off.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 07, 2021, 01:13:55 AM

WH1 is also 75% off. Which you need to access the full campaign, and adds 4 races.

And the 50% off DLCs are mostly the ones worth buying first. Espeicially queen and the crone, prophetvand the warlord, as well as the vampire pirates and tomb Kings race packs.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 01:17:20 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 01, 2021, 07:45:14 AM

https://youtu.be/HvmDxl4YTW0

DLC trailer.

As well as the beastman update, and lizardman lord, they are also doing a dwarf update and free dwarf legendary lord.

Also adding a mercenary mechanic which we know includes Ogres. And also logically increases the odds that the WH3 preorder race is Ogres.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: July 01, 2021, 07:06:24 PM

I spent 4 hours playing this yesterday and all I got was a headache. But I think I will go back for more...

EDIT: Another 50 hours and I have slightly more of a clue, I think.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 01:02:34 AM by lamaros »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #78 on: July 08, 2021, 06:18:49 AM

Check out Zerkovich's Youtube channel for lots of useful guides.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 13, 2021, 05:50:06 PM

I finished the vortex campaign with queek. Any have any campaigns they recommend as being especially fun?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #80 on: July 14, 2021, 06:32:01 AM

Grom the Paunch and Vampire Coast.

e: Grom is fun in that some of his later campaign abilities are broken, such as giving goblin archers exploding or double firing arrows.  VC is just a very different campaign and you can sail around the world making pirate coves but never actually claiming territory and have a blast playing tall.  Noctilus especially since he starts in the middle of the ocean.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: July 14, 2021, 07:54:01 PM

I finished the vortex campaign with queek. Any have any campaigns they recommend as being especially fun?

Since Thorek Ironbrow is a new free lord and the Dwarf's have some funky new mechanics then having him on the Vortex campaign in Lustria might be recommended.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 15, 2021, 11:15:59 AM

On the vortex anything doesn't use the vortex! So tomb Kings, vampire coast, Grom, Bretonnia, empire, any of three new lords, Imrik I think?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #83 on: July 15, 2021, 12:39:08 PM

Been trying the Lizardmen lately and either I just don't have a handle on how to use its starting troops, or they are a really tough race to play.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #84 on: July 15, 2021, 01:21:29 PM

Been trying the Lizardmen lately and either I just don't have a handle on how to use its starting troops, or they are a really tough race to play.

Load up on regular Saurus warriors and run roughshod over everyone else whose starting units don't include armor piercing.  A handful of skink skirmishers to focus down large threats as well.

At the risk of pimping out yet another DLC faction, the new Beastmen campaign is fantastic.  The mechanic to prevent ruins from being resettled is a game changer and the new units are fantastic.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 16, 2021, 01:32:28 AM

I found them the hardest faction to grok.

It less obvious what the different units do and that is exacerbated by the way they present as being all about melee infantry, but melee infantry are almost always bad in TW.

As above Saurus are decent in the early game. Don't try to use their cavalry. Missile skinks aren't at all bad for skirmishing.

Skink wizards are important throughout, try to level them up quickly and increase your hero capacity often.

The best Lord will be a lore of life slann. None of the legendary lords are as good as a life slann.

By midgame you want to transfer to dinosaur armies, the base to experiment from will be regular stegadons (I think you get them at tier 3). They have bolt throwers on their back to snipe enemy heroes and single entities, then they beat the chaff in melee. They espeicially like having the life slann on hand because single entities never lose models, so work really well with healing magic. Other dinos are fun but honestly never as good.

Blessed spawns are expensive and are for emergencies only.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 03:25:28 AM by eldaec »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #86 on: July 17, 2021, 09:40:59 AM

I started over with a different Legendary Lord (the Kroxigor next to Lord Mazamundi) and loaded my initial one big blob army with half saurus, half skink missile troops and have had much better results. The different starting position has helped, though having all the settlements near me being a LONG way away from each other is both a hindrance and a help. Not having to face Norsca as my first challenge was also a help. I got to beat up on early Skaven and their hordes of shitty troops and I think some kind of beastman army, which seemed to have less missile cavalry (which was a HUGE problem for the Mazamundi start).

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 17, 2021, 06:51:29 PM

Mazdamundi is a pretty hard start and lizards in general are pretty hard

Reasons:

Lizard men have the worst economy in the game. It starts terrible and end terrible and all their units are expensive. And they don’t grow well and…

Their units are good but almost to a t they are high priced. Lategame they probably have some of the strongest single armies in the game since their heroes and lords are amazing and all ride dinosaurs.. But early game they’re bad.

The trick is twofold.

1) Javelin Skink Cohorts
2) javelin skink cohorts

Mixing and matching a few DLC units is good sometimes and a few saurus early game will be nice but JSC will power most of the early game. They do the same DPS as crossbow men but have 46 speed. So you move the. Behind something you want to thump and thump them. Then they can engage in melee. And they take up a huge amount of space so it’s easy to block a line. And the red skill associated with them gives them all of their stats ranged and melee. And they have decent net HP due to their huge size.

Dealing with archers? Run them down with javelin skink cohorts.

Dealing with skirmishers? run at them with javelin skink cohorts until they run out of ammo.

Dealing with elite armored infantry? Well shit. You’re out of the early game now so I hope you grew enough for heroes and magic.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: July 18, 2021, 10:59:21 AM

Taurox is OP AF.

Apparently there is a bug that can make rampage endless, but even without that I've reached a point where I think so long as I can find always find another fight that I can win within 900% of my campaign movement range, I will never have to end turn 23.

The only way I believe the AI can stop me is by inflicting casualties quicker than I can use battle rewards to replenish. But it is turn 23 so the AI's armies are chaff.

For anyone who hasn't been following the DLC...

Taurox has an ability called rampage that activates when he has earned enough points from winning battles. When active he can spend momentum (also gained from winning battles) to refresh his movement points. A rampage ends when you run out of momentum, or when the rampage points bar gets right to end.

The thing is, rampage points from winning each battle have a multiplier based on the number of battles won so far this turn. So once you've won enough battles in a turn - probably only 8 or 9, you can activate rampage with a single victory.

This means whenever a rampage is going to end because the bar is full, immediately before the battle that would finish it, you burn all your momentum on refreshing movement to end the rampage early, win the battle, and that will trigger an all new rampage.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #89 on: July 18, 2021, 08:37:50 PM

Now give Tauorx the Sword of Khaine.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 19, 2021, 02:34:44 AM

Suspect I'll have wiped the map long before any elf dares draw the sword though.

Weirdly, the biggest challenge I'm having right now is that not enough enemy cities have walls. I can reliably take all but the best defended walled cities with zero casualties, because the AI refuses to sally out, so if I can win with my single entity units I don't have to expose the units who can lose models.

But in a field battle, the enemy usually wants to harass my archers with cavalry - so they tend to get whittled down a bit.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:46:49 AM by eldaec »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: July 19, 2021, 05:20:39 PM

Yeah enemy ai on sieges is super dumb.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #92 on: July 20, 2021, 01:08:53 PM

It's still incredibly satisfying to bring a bunch of poison wind mortars to a siege and absolutely annihilate the entire defending army from outside the walls.

e: speaking of fun campaigns, Ikit Claw is fantastic as well.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: July 21, 2021, 06:33:11 AM

So, eventually the rampage mechanic broke and became permanent.

Meant I could roll on to the next turn and equip all my heroes with the thingy that gives ward save, regen and perfect vigour.

Also I bought more bray shamans and gave them all the stick that summons free Cygors.

I didn't know the meaning of overpowered before. I think the items are the most broken thing in the roster. I'm tempted to disband everything in the army except the heroes.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #94 on: July 21, 2021, 08:28:46 PM

Unlike other Total War games, the Warhammer versions really are as much about the heroes in the army as anything. Which, obviously, is very true the original source material.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Total War: Warhammer 2  
Jump to: