Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: E3 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: E3 2017  (Read 9607 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: June 07, 2017, 01:35:39 PM

It's that time of year again where we get to hear about why this year's Madden will be better than last year's, see celebrities or athletes awkwardly trotted out, and watch another cringe-worthy Ubisoft press conference. Will there be any reason to care about the Scorpio? Why the hell does Devolver Digital have their own press conference now that starts after midnight if you're on the East Coast? Will any of us even be providing our usual out of context commentary in this thread or will we just be discussing it in Discord? All your questions will be answered!

EA - Saturday, June 10 at 12 PM PT
Microsoft - Sunday, June 11 at 2 PM PT
Bethesda - Sunday, June 11 at 9 PM PT
Devolver Digital - Sunday, June 11 at 10 PM PT
PC Gaming Show - Monday, June 12 at 10 AM PT
Ubisoft - Monday, June 12 at 1 PM PT
Sony - Monday, June 12 at 6 PM PT
Nintendo - Tuesday, June 13th at 9 AM PT
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:30 PM

According to "leaks", we should get more information on the infamous Bethesda's new project called "Starfield" (on the other hand, it looks like we'll have to wait at least one more year to hear something about Elder Scrolls VI ). That's what I'm most interested about...Oh, and for those who care, the Elite:Dangerous team should unveil their plans for 2.4 and beyond.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 03:42:55 PM

Open world star wars game rumors too.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 05:20:07 PM

It's that time of year again where we get to hear about why this year's Madden will be better than last year's, see celebrities or athletes awkwardly trotted out, and watch another cringe-worthy Ubisoft press conference. Will there be any reason to care about the Scorpio? Why the hell does Devolver Digital have their own press conference now that starts after midnight if you're on the East Coast? Will any of us even be providing our usual out of context commentary in this thread or will we just be discussing it in Discord? All your questions will be answered!

Got it.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:08:45 PM

video games

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 11:19:24 PM

Got it.

Well.they can't show Last Guardian anymore but they could probably fill out a press conference with games that haven't come out yet from the last 2 or 3 E3 pressers they've done. We can feign surprise when they show God of War 3, Gran Turismo Sport, Spider-man, Days Gone, Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII, Dreams, and Detroit again.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 01:15:04 AM

Will there be a Star Trek chick in a Bikini again?

Hic sunt dracones.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 07:28:56 AM

Got it.

Well.they can't show Last Guardian anymore but they could probably fill out a press conference with games that haven't come out yet from the last 2 or 3 E3 pressers they've done. We can feign surprise when they show God of War 3, Gran Turismo Sport, Spider-man, Days Gone, Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII, Dreams, and Detroit again.
I actually want to see more Days Gone. That went from boring to "this is a game I want to play" in like 3 frames.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 11:46:14 AM

Just EA today (in about 15 min). New Skate or Fight Night or gtfo.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:02:53 AM

why is devolver digital on this list, they make precisely dick afaik
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 10:58:07 AM

I like Devolver... I'm not sure about the definitions of terms like "AAA publisher" or whatever, but I personally see guys like Devolver Digital and Focus Home Interactive to be the layer right below that.  Makes them more interesting to me, because they have the budget to do stuff that basement studios can't pull off, but not SO MUCH budget that their entire catalog has to be the same three sequels every year.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 02:34:16 PM

I'm fully convinced MS is throwing darts at a board to name their consoles.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 02:44:00 PM

I'm not sure about the definitions of terms like "AAA publisher" or whatever

Or the world "exclusive" apparently
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 02:45:51 PM

I'm fully convinced MS is throwing darts at a board to name their consoles.
You don't like XXX Bone?
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 04:51:20 PM

The small-group dropin/dropout stuff like Destiny/The Division/etc is the new mmo, isn't it

Anthem looks neat. I mean, it looks neat visually. It's neu-bioware though- even their A-team isn't very good.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 05:46:01 PM

XboneX. It's like someone took the name they wanted in an MMO.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 05:54:22 PM

Anthem looks a lot like what firefall and defiance wanted to do but didn't have close to the budget to pull off. I think it is likely to face the same issue that making it so pretty is really expensive and makes it hard to feed the players voracious demand for content. Also it doesn't have the style of warframe or destiny and the creative freedom space-magic allows (The divisions problem).

But yeah, I think these are the new MMO. Highly likely behind that rift was some sort of 4 person boss-event and the design allows much more re-use of content a full MMO as you grind for drops both lateral and power enhancing.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 06:07:01 PM

This was the highlight of the MS conference, for me:

The Last Night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw

Aaand it's 1993 on the Amiga once again  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 07:19:34 PM

Anthem makes me think of Destiny with the extra "rift storms" aspect from Rifts. It's gorgeous but that gameplay video is heavily staged. I keep thinking of the difference between the first video of The Division that I saw and what was released.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 07:30:29 PM

All Anthem tells me is Bioware is now officially done with RPGs. Good to know I can save some money there.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 01:19:56 AM

The Devolver "press conference" was nothing but a giant, amazing shitpost.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 05:26:35 AM

The Devolver "press conference" was nothing but a giant, amazing shitpost.

Yep, my bad.

Did they seriously never do anything?  I had it running in another tab for an hour before I gave up, but I assumed if you gave someone who wanted to sell video games a platform in front of a hundred thousand people who wanted to buy video games that they might talk about some of their video games at some point.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 06:57:45 AM

why is devolver digital on this list, they make precisely dick afaik
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 02:24:48 PM

Bethesda announced that they want to bring back paid mods.  Community is not amused.

https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

Ubi Exec: Hey, this XCOM thing looks cool and sells well. Can we make that?

Ubi Dev: Uh, sure. Yeah, we can make something like that.

Ubi Exec: But I don't want to spend a lot of money. Just use the Rabbids. And somehow get Nintendo to buy-in.

Ubi Dev: Uh, ok....

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 03:57:53 PM

Beyond Good and Evil 2, finally!

...it's a prequel.

...oh.

Ah well. Looks interesting enough.

Bethesda announced that they want to bring back paid mods.  Community is not amused.

https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en
They really just want to strangle the golden goose don't they?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:59:40 PM by Fabricated »

schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 05:03:55 PM

ooooh they gave it a cute name and shiny web page in order for me to find less shits to give about it
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 04:30:34 AM

Sony conference was good. I think they should have ended with the God of War trailer. That shit was dope.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 07:01:56 AM

Had Bethesda not dropped that steaming pile excuse for paid mods on us a couple years ago, I think they could have gotten away with this iteration. The approach is at least sensible: established modders pitching new ideas, getting QA assistance from Bethesda's team, mods end up fully vetted and tested. You pay for a minimum level of quality and reliability.

It might wok simply because its targeting console users and those folks don't have Nexus to rely upon. Its a complete non-starter though for PC.

Consollers will be (maybe) paying $5 for fancy new backpacks, while PC Master Race is installing Ellie's Armor Emporium (with optional donation).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 07:24:25 AM

Had Bethesda not dropped that steaming pile excuse for paid mods on us a couple years ago, I think they could have gotten away with this iteration. The approach is at least sensible: established modders pitching new ideas, getting QA assistance from Bethesda's team, mods end up fully vetted and tested. You pay for a minimum level of quality and reliability.

It might wok simply because its targeting console users and those folks don't have Nexus to rely upon. Its a complete non-starter though for PC.

Consollers will be (maybe) paying $5 for fancy new backpacks, while PC Master Race is installing Ellie's Armor Emporium (with optional donation).

Are these 'established modders' basically doing contract work? For free?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 07:26:09 AM

Also, can this be the last E3 that uses the word "Skyrim"? I've never played the game and I'm so fucking tired of hearing it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 07:59:35 AM

I got a decent playthrough out of it, but I don't see it as the pinnacle of gaming people seem to hail it as. Should be pointing at the Witcher 3. Maybe Skyrim because of the mods available and the social network that built up around it, I guess. But it was only a decent game.

I still have my single question about xbonex, will Madden by crossplay. If that's a yes, I can save $500 this winter. I really miss Madden but don't like the idea of buying a new console just to play one game.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 10:55:47 AM

Metroid Prime 4!

Guess I won a bet with a friend. He said Half-Life 3 would be announced before MP4. Winning!  awesome, for real

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 11:54:06 AM

Horizon DLC!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: E3 2017  
Jump to: