Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Lovecraft Country 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lovecraft Country  (Read 1407 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 16, 2017, 03:45:22 PM

The critically acclaimed cult novelist makes visceral the terrors of life in Jim Crow America and its lingering effects in this brilliant and wondrous work of the imagination that melds historical fiction, pulp noir, and Lovecraftian horror and fantasy.

Chicago, 1954. When his father Montrose goes missing, 22-year-old Army veteran Atticus Turner embarks on a road trip to New England to find him, accompanied by his Uncle George—publisher of The Safe Negro Travel Guide—and his childhood friend Letitia. On their journey to the manor of Mr. Braithwhite—heir to the estate that owned one of Atticus’s ancestors—they encounter both mundane terrors of white America and malevolent spirits that seem straight out of the weird tales George devours.

At the manor, Atticus discovers his father in chains, held prisoner by a secret cabal named the Order of the Ancient Dawn—led by Samuel Braithwhite and his son Caleb—which has gathered to orchestrate a ritual that shockingly centers on Atticus. And his one hope of salvation may be the seed of his—and the whole Turner clan’s—destruction.

A chimerical blend of magic, power, hope, and freedom that stretches across time, touching diverse members of two black families, Lovecraft Country is a devastating kaleidoscopic portrait of racism—the terrifying specter that continues to haunt us today.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 03:47:38 PM

More:

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:24:28 PM

Iiiiinteresting!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:05:09 PM

I'm down.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 07:21:07 PM

Eerily stoked
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Lovecraft Country  
Jump to: