Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Edge of Seventeen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Edge of Seventeen  (Read 1351 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: April 09, 2017, 10:57:43 PM

Kelly Fremon Craig might have channeled the ghost of John Hughes and made one of the most authentic feeling high school schoolgirl friendship/love/dead father stories I've seen. I'd say it was one of the truest feeling films I've watched in a long time, or what my memories of high school were like.
It might also be the fact that it's one of the few films where they have actually showed someone going to the bathroom and not having any toilet paper. I know Schild's question, does it really compare with 10 things I hate about you?  It's a bit darker and genuine. Woody Harrelson continues to prove he's one of the finest actors out there as well.

TLDR version: A better "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:06:39 AM

I dont have a question. It was on my server months ago.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:29:00 AM

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 05:04:50 AM

The girl lead was essentially my daughter. Though without the sexual angst subplot. It was a great movie and I agree with the channeling of John Hughes.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 05:14:43 AM

This was good enough I looked up who the girl was and found out she sings one of those annoying but ok top40 songs boring shit on NPR forces me to listen to during commute. That was off putting on some level. It also got me to watch Ender's Game...

I'm not sure how I feel about this movie as a result.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 05:51:46 AM

It also got me to watch Ender's Game...

That was a mistake.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Edge of Seventeen  
Jump to: