Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:22:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Big Little Lies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Little Lies  (Read 2013 times)
grebo
Terracotta Army

on: April 07, 2017, 07:26:45 AM

Hbo thing, 7 episodes.

For those of you being put off by the whole "Billionaire housewives of Monterey" theme, don't be.  This is fucking stellar.  Top notch stuff.

Why don't you try our other games?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:52:28 AM

Is this just Pretty Little Liars but with like...MILFs?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:30:05 AM

Is this just Pretty Little Liars but with like...MILFs?

Didn't see Pretty Little Liars, but from a quick glance at the Wikipedia it doesn't seem so.  The kids in the show are first graders and the parents are mostly rich and mostly fucked up.  it's a solid drama with great acting/story etc.

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 12:06:02 PM

Ugh, the whole rich people and their dark secrets shit is as played out as police procedurals.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 02:25:47 PM

Sure.  Still great tho.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Truly great shows are great regardless of what they're about. A show about a former teen mom reconnecting with rich parents while raising a know it all daughter doesn't sound great, but that is how Gilmore Girls was first described to me and it is a great show. I have not seen this yet, but I've been told to queue it up.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:50 PM

I thought this was easily worth watching. Uncomfortable and believable and disgusting watching rich parents act like complete fuckos about every perceived slight or thing that doesn't 100% favor their offspring.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Big Little Lies  
Jump to: