Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The LEGO Batman Movie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The LEGO Batman Movie  (Read 2607 times)
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

on: February 18, 2017, 10:36:35 PM

https://youtu.be/rGQUKzSDhrg

"Ironman sucks!"

Was an awesome movie! Probably best DC movie.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:51:10 PM

Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew!

Yep.  Absolutely hilarious, and doubly so because the best DC movie to come out in the last 5 years is a fucking Lego Movie.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 06:48:36 PM

Better than The Lego Movie?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 08:03:59 PM

Not in my opinion, but it was still pretty good. Well, at least what I saw. I fell asleep after the first 50 minutes and didn't wake up until the end. undecided I blame the slow spots that happened here and there, my being ill and not being able to get in until a 10:30 showing on a Friday.

Lots of references to the other Batman movies, not just the recent stuff, and not just the scene from the earlier trailer where Alfred talks about all of Bruce's "moods."

I didn't expect the cameos from just about every Batman villain, either. If you've seen the trailer, you know Condiment King is in there, but I thought that was just as a one-off nod to us oldtimers who remember him from the original Animated series.  Not so.  Gentleman Ghost?  Yup. Owlman? Yep. Manbat? Yup, and so many others.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:22:06 AM

Better than The Lego Movie?
I would probably put it just a hair under The Lego Movie, but mainly because TLM came first, and by doing so cemented its place as the first movie to do its "thing".  Lego Batman does the same "thing", and does it really well (hell, given the easter-eggs in the movie it is pretty easy to conjecture that the Lego Batman movie probably takes place in the same Basement as TLM), its just that TLM came first and so you will always be comparing them.  If Lego Batman had come first, I would probably consider it the best of the two.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:49:33 AM

I thought Lego Batman started off as the superior movie, but started bleeding momentum about halfway through.  There was just a little bit too much of Batman in it, especially since he essentially faces the same thematic choice again and again until he gets it right, which was tedious.  That's not to say the film is bad; it's just not as good as the Lego Movie.  The first half of Lego Batman is the best Batman movie ever made, but the second half brings it down quite a bit, perhaps to third or fourth place.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 11:10:44 AM

If we're picking hairs over which is better, we're talking about both being great.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 01:45:57 PM

This was fun but like the first also dragged on and on and beat us over the head with the 'message' stuff. Love the jokes, the action but each could be 15 minutes shorter. Holy fuck I get it, Batman needs to learn to love already .

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 04:44:05 PM

I loved it. It was hilarious from beginning to end. I haven't seen The Lego Movie, but if that movie is anything like this one, I should go see it. All of the call backs to classic Batman and all of the Batman movies was great. I didn't know Will Arnett did Batman's voice, but he did great. I wish Mark Hamill would have been Joker though. His voice wasn't as good.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 04:44:37 PM

I loved it. It was hilarious from beginning to end. I haven't seen The Lego Movie, but if that movie is anything like this one, I should go see it.

You should go see it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 11:34:21 AM

I wish Mark Hamill would have been Joker though. His voice wasn't as good.

I certainly would not have chosen Zack Galifinakis for the Joker. John DiMaggio did the Joker in "Under the Red Hood" and did a marvellous job imo/

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:04 AM

I thought Lego Batman started off as the superior movie, but started bleeding momentum about halfway through.  There was just a little bit too much of Batman in it, especially since he essentially faces the same thematic choice again and again until he gets it right, which was tedious.  That's not to say the film is bad; it's just not as good as the Lego Movie.  The first half of Lego Batman is the best Batman movie ever made, but the second half brings it down quite a bit, perhaps to third or fourth place.

I'd agree with this.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The LEGO Batman Movie  
Jump to: