Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Fire Emblem: Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Heroes  (Read 9785 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: February 04, 2017, 06:36:31 AM

A mobile Fire Emblem game that has you fighting with and against all sorts of characters from the past games. It's a little watered down (squad size is only 4, no permadeath, weapons are just skills you unlock, all attacks hit 100% of the time, etc.) and it has an energy system, but it's free and it feels like an FE game.

Here's the link for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaba&hl=en

And here's Apple:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fire-emblem-heroes/id1181774280?mt=8

It does have a Gacha system, so a lot of folks online are uninstalling/reinstalling until they roll good heroes. I got a 5* Leo on my first attempt so I kept it.

My Friend ID is 3645456346; friends give each other random bonuses every day. Not sure if we can duel or whatever yet, I only have a few hours logged. To find the Friends screen, go to the Home tab at the bottom, then click on the glowing obelisk with the cross on it in the bottom left corner.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 06:40:39 AM

Friend Id:  1001373135

Game is pretty fun so far although it's a bit easier than normal FE (without grinding).  Hopefully there some harder stuff coming up, although I wonder about the depth of the tactics with only 4 units.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

Well, I'm getting bored of this already.  Did 3 x 5 pulls and got absolutely nothing worthwhile, (no 5*, no 4/5* greens which I needed).  That rather killed my enthusiasm.    Past that, Arena mode is bleh, it's all about hero levels and high star units since you go in basically blind.  Story mode was all right but again it’s all about being leveled.  Training mode is just a grind.  

They are supposed to be releasing content every 2 weeks, so for now I'll still keep watching it to see what they put out.

So now I'm playing Tap Tians 2  awesome, for real
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:37:48 AM

I really hate gacha games. I never get good pulls, and the orb prices are redonkulous in this one.

It's kind of neat, but really shallow at the moment.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:25:30 AM

I got kind of tired of it too. Levels (and *s) mean too much, since you can't strategize much with only 4 characters.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 08:58:04 AM

And.. I'm out. I don't like this business model/advancement model they've attached to this game.

I'd rather just play a game where you can reasonably advance your character, even if you have to move them up through several tiers, get loot, etc.

-Rasix
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

The cost to upgrade units to 5 star is kind of ridiculous. 20,000 Hero Feathers for one 4->5 upgrade and you can get maybe 3000 feathers a week unless there's some source I don't know about. It'll take you months to upgrade a single unit.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 10:08:25 AM

You need 20 badges of their color as well, and I'm not even sure where you get those.  Really high level training tower, maybe?

I've been playing this, mostly because the tiny humans are (note:  the oldest tiny human is now 20   Ohhhhh, I see.), and it's reasonably entertaining.  If for no other reason than I can taunt them when I get a character they really wanted.  (They're really into FE, and know pretty much every character, their backstory, etc.)

Of course, I've managed to pull three characters that are 5*, and a top character that is 4*, so I am doing fairly well.  I'm sure my opinion will sour a bit when I hit the end of the campaign, and the only source of orbs I have is to log in daily, or the odd added map/quest to complete for orbs.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 01:43:02 PM

I got kind of tired of it too. Levels (and *s) mean too much, since you can't strategize much with only 4 characters.

This is why after messing with so many others I ended up back playing Soccer Spirits. At least you get a full "party" of 11 to work with and there is enough stats and whatnot to cover up the empty skinner box + gambling bs of all mobage. GBF, FEH, etc were too grindy and in the end had so little interesting character building mechanics, KanColle and its many clones are just too slow and dry gameplay wise. The auto-battler shit where your party just walks forward and fights is complete garbage.

I had some fun with the Marvel Avengers school story game but it was constant events and spamming to see everything even when I hacked it for infinity resources so I got bored.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 01:29:49 PM

I heard there were some new characters out for this, so I logged in to see what was happening.  I had a ton of free orbs waiting in my mailbox, enough for 2 x 5 pulls.   

So I did the 2 x 5 pulls and got (again) no 5*s, no new 4* characters, and only 1 green (which was one I already had).   If you're counting, that's 5 x 5 pulls with no 5 *s (~$53 worth if I were to buy said orbs).  Also that's not counting all the individual pulls I did just to find greens.

So yeah, I logged right out.  Maybe in another 3 months I'll try again awesome, for real
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 02:08:26 PM

I have a decent party of 5*, just over level 30, and I'm pretty close to just done.

I did get a decent 5* three pulls ago, but nothing since.

Daily orbs are gone, the only source is quests, and the campaign.  Which I'm still trying to muddle through.

It's really grindy post 25.  And since everyone is at 100% hit, combined with the tiny maps, and the 4 char limit, everything can go sideways almost instantly on pretty much any map.

There are a few 5*s which make the PvP simply enraging.  As in "Oh they have a Takumi.  FUCK, I've lost this one."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Fire Emblem: Heroes  
Jump to: