Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Power Rangers (2017) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Power Rangers (2017)  (Read 3818 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

on: April 23, 2016, 08:52:08 AM

Edit by Trippy:

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

Trailer 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw

RIIIIIIISSSEEEE!!!!

So, apparently they are making a Power Rangers movie. Or more movies since they made movies of the show.

Anyway for your interest they released a pic of Rita Repulsa.

Here are your saviours

I can't wait for people arguing over continuity of this one...
First look at Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers

People has revealed our first official look at Elizabeth Banks as villain Rita Repulsa in the upcoming Power Rangers reboot!

“It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” Banks tells the outlet, before teasing: “We wanted to give her a backstory that connects her to the new Rangers.”

Check out the image in the gallery below and sound off with your thoughts in the comments!

Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.

The Power Rangers cast includes Dacre Montgomery (A Few Less Men) as Jason the Red Ranger, RJ Cyler (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl) as Billy the Blue Ranger, Naomi Scott (The 33) as Kimberly the Pink Ranger, Becky G (Empire) as Trini the Yellow Ranger, Ludi Lin (Monster Hunt) as Zack the Black Ranger, and Elizabeth Banks (Pitch Perfect, The Hunger Games franchise) as Rita Repulsa.

Directed by Dean Israelite (Project Almanac), Power Rangers is written by John Gatins (Kong: Skull Island, Real Steel), Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor), and Max Landis (Chronicle). Producers are Power Rangers creator Haim Saban, Brian Casentini, Wyck Godfrey, and Marty Bowen (The Twilight Saga, The Fault in Our Stars, The Maze Runner franchise).

Now shooting in Vancouver, the new Power Rangers hits the big screen March 24, 2017.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/677921-first-look-at-elizabeth-banks-as-rita-repulsa-in-power-rangers#pKAtpJlXCZaZsUcH.99
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:13:07 PM by Trippy »

Hic sunt dracones.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 10:32:38 AM

As long as they have an Asian playing the yellow ranger, and a black dude who's weapon is a gun playing the black ranger, that's all I care about.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 03:23:02 PM

As long as they have an Asian playing the yellow ranger, and a black dude who's weapon is a gun playing the black ranger, that's all I care about.   awesome, for real

To do otherwise would be racist!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 03:44:13 PM

Fucking No. Get this shit back in Mortal Kombat.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:13:43 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 07:46:06 PM

I like it and I've always hated Power Rangers.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 03:35:51 AM

Yeah that looked pretty good. Now, can we talk about Voltron?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 05:43:39 AM

Season 2 just released on Netflix. I didn't like season one but others may have felt differently. Slapstick Corran and rebel douche Keith killed it for me.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 05:47:45 AM

Season 2 just released on Netflix. I didn't like season one but others may have felt differently. Slapstick Corran and rebel douche Keith killed it for me.

Rather have a proper movie... but back to the topic. I was too old for Power Rangers, but I know the major story points. Banks looks great as Repulsa, in the trailer at least.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 06:15:17 AM

Yeah I was in my 20s when the rangers first appeared so nostalgia viewing for me. The son might want to see it. He was big into the rangers a year or two ago. I'll have to ask him about it tonight.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

Saw this with the son on Friday. I was amazed that it was actually pretty enjoyable. It wasn't shlocky until the end fight and Rita felt like a genuine threat while still having a cartoonish edge to her.

The worst bits were the zords terrible CGI, which felt like it was because they had to make them look like the show, and the ranger's not having their masks on most of the time when 'morphed.'  Worth a matinee if you've got a tween/ young teen into the rangers or really had a thing for them growing up.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 07:07:00 AM

Saw this with the son on Friday. I was amazed that it was actually pretty enjoyable. It wasn't shlocky until the end fight and Rita felt like a genuine threat while still having a cartoonish edge to her.

The worst bits were the zords terrible CGI, which felt like it was because they had to make them look like the show, and the ranger's not having their masks on most of the time when 'morphed.'  Worth a matinee if you've got a tween/ young teen into the rangers or really had a thing for them growing up.

Is it safe for a 5 year old who loves power rangers?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 07:32:20 AM

There's some cursing but no blood or anything. Depends on how well that 5 year old handles intense/ creepy which is how Rita came off. It's no darker than any other superhero movie though.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 03:03:50 PM

I took my 5 year old and he handled it fine. I'll also second that it was surprisingly watchable and the showing we went to I was in the minority that I had a kid with me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Power Rangers (2017)  
Jump to: