Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: A Series of Unfortunate Events 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Series of Unfortunate Events  (Read 4674 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: January 17, 2017, 03:01:02 PM

I somehow managed to miss the books and the movie, but the new TV series made its way across my Netflix feed and as someone coming in cold I've enjoyed the first few episodes.  NPH and Puddy are both killing it.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:08:06 PM

The series matches the books because Snickett is involved.  The movies match the books as well as the Buffy movie matched the series.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 01:33:34 AM

Ironwood Family loved the series.  Ironwood Daughter massive fan of the books.

The liberties they've taken with the show, which is mostly a chronological reorder in order to make sense of later stuff, jars a little, but works.

Acting is all great, writing is awesome, NPH is playing NPH again, which some are annoyed with, but I can't get enough of.

The two songs were welcome.  The credit songs are awesome.

And for those struggling with placing the face, the wee lassie plays the wee Supergirl Benoist in the Supergirl TV show.  (Sorry, it was bugging me for AGES before I gave in and just checked IMDB.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:38:35 PM

This was good fun. Not worth having a Netflix account for by itself, but well worth watching if you already have one.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:46 AM

Never even heard of this before, books or show.  Not really my kind of thing...and yet, it somehow totally is.  Also never really watched anything with Neil Patrick Harris before other than in passing, but damn is he great.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

This got renewed.  And a good thing too.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 05:27:25 AM

For certain.  I was left wanting more, but wasn't aware if there was actually more story to be told.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 05:30:15 AM

Oh Christ, there's tons.  And, if you want, I'll get Elena to call you and tell you ALL OF IT.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 12:53:16 PM

My daughter could tell you almost anything about the first 4 Harry Potter books. (I haven't let her listen to any others yet)

She loves this show too, but keeps falling back to Harry Potter on audiobook instead of this series ..

- Viin
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 10:52:10 AM

The first season covered the first two books out of (of course) thirteen. And many of the later ones are twice as long as the first two.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 11:39:12 AM

More than the first two.

Raph
Developers

Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 03:12:59 PM

You're right. First four.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 02:10:43 AM

She wouldn't let that stand.   why so serious?

Raph
Developers

Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

Been  while since I read them! (and I read them for me -- couldn't get the kids interested!)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: A Series of Unfortunate Events  
Jump to: