Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:03:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Toni Erdmann 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toni Erdmann  (Read 2478 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

on: December 11, 2016, 01:28:40 PM

I can't say much about the film, expect that it just popped up on my radar by winning 5 categories in the European Film Awards, including Best Film, Best Script, Best Directing.

Wikpedia calls it a "2016 German-Austrian comedy-drama film".

US Trailer here

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:38 AM

This might be very good but that trailer was ambiguous to the point of confusion. I get it, father daughter dramedy with some clever verbal quips and a bit of occasional slapstick humor, but I personally didn't feel drawn in. It might be great, but most trailers do a disservice to good/great movies.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:13:40 AM

Enjoyed the movie as it depicts something that has puzzled me for some time now, namely the disconnect of the Hippie, 68ers, liberal generation of parents and their kids. It's a classic tragic comedy where both facets are used masterfully to increase the impact of each other. If you got a good 3 hours to spare and want to watch a foreign film, this should be it.

The Hollywood remake for this would ideally have had Robin Williams playing the dad and Emma Stone the daughter and it would play in Nicaragua instead of Romania. Also probably cut out half the movie.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:50:00 AM

Enjoyed the movie as it depicts something that has puzzled me for some time now, namely the disconnect of the Hippie, 68ers, liberal generation of parents and their kids. It's a classic tragic comedy where both facets are used masterfully to increase the impact of each other. If you got a good 3 hours to spare and want to watch a foreign film, this should be it.

The Hollywood remake for this would ideally have had Robin Williams playing the dad and Emma Stone the daughter and it would play in Nicaragua instead of Romania. Also probably cut out half the movie.

Sounds good, thanks. (I haven't actually seen it yet)

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:20:25 AM

Hollywood remake with Jack Nicholson and Kristen Wiig as the main actors in the makings already.

Edit:
For those still on the fence about watching the original: In true Euro Film fashion there's some very extended nude scenes by both the main actress and Ingrid Bisu (playing a young Romanian assistant). So, boobs. Definitely won't be in the remake.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:25:29 AM by Bungee »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:20:45 AM

Kristen's been naked in movies before.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:50:13 AM

Kristen's been naked in movies before.

Even the appropriate amount of naked for the movie it seems. And here I was wondering how they would rewrite that scene as it's actually quite important to the story.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 05:25:18 PM

Hollywood remake with Jack Nicholson and Kristen Wiig as the main actors in the makings already.

Edit:
For those still on the fence about watching the original: In true Euro Film fashion there's some very extended nude scenes by both the main actress and Ingrid Bisu (playing a young Romanian assistant). So, boobs. Definitely won't be in the remake.

Fuck you guys.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Toni Erdmann  
Jump to: