Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: $11 on steam, comes with none of the extra/dlc/new teams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $11 on steam, comes with none of the extra/dlc/new teams  (Read 13234 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: November 24, 2016, 12:07:22 PM

FYI. Cheap as its been so far.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 01:40:17 PM

I've picked it up, figured I could play some matchmaker since I've been feeling a dearth of turn-based strategy in my life. My policy of only buying things at 75% off on Steam is working well so far.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 03:10:45 PM

The extra races are still being sold individually? Why?

Also, is there enough of a population to get a game in BB2?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 03:22:21 PM

I'll let you know once I get home from work. As far as the dlc goes - it lines up with the tabletop model. Buy basic package -> collect all additional teams for a extra. Its meh.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:23:48 PM

The extra races are still being sold individually? Why?

Also, is there enough of a population to get a game in BB2?

Yes its a small niche but its active enough for there to be a variety of well run leagues to play in and to get games in the on-demand public MM bs fiesta system, though those are of dubious quality in a variety of ways obviously.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 04:33:29 PM

Hmm. if enough F13ers get it for a return of the league I will get it. Otherwise, dunno.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 04:38:02 PM

There are apparently automated (maybe? not sure) leagues now, including what eventuated into a World Cup earlier this year.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 05:51:24 AM

I wouldn't mind picking this up and participating in another f13 league, but have they addressed the issues that made us hate it at launch? I know they added grid view back, but what else?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 06:58:18 AM

And just today, they posted about what is supposed to come in the future. Pretty much, just all the basic features that were in BB1 and didn't make it into BB2  awesome, for real

Main topics Cyanide is currently working on:

• Dice log history during the matches
• Juggernaut skill optional on "Both Down "
• Players placement phase accelerated (teleportation)
• Access to rosters during the inducements
• Option to display Player's names during the match
• Display the players missing the next game on the roster page
• Search tool for the replays
• Add more replays in Cabal TV (all those of the last 10 days)
• Option to change the options of an active league
• Option to display the grid during a match
• Reconnection to a match after a crash (PC only)
• Display fame and gold roll at the end of a match
• Server news displayed on the home page
• When buying players, display the price of a reroll
• Detailed stats for each player
• Option to validate a match in multiplayer competition (Round Robin, Knockout) without a commissioner
• Option to disable Jim & Bob subtitles
• Level up available for a team displayed on the shield of the team

Ok so all of this made it in and that seemed to cover all the complaints I could find in the BB2 thread. Beyond that lack of teams was a huge issue but they at least have a sizeable team roster now in 2 even if its missing chorfs and a few others.

All in all it would feel initially like a side grade at best until you got used to BB2 but once you do its really hard to go back to BB1's visual presentation.

-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 04:26:42 PM

Well I bought it.

It's dire, IMO. Very hard to read the pitch and icons. A step backwards.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 06:44:46 PM

I haven't played enough (1 game so far), but the upside is that it does seem to load faster, and run a bit a more smoothly. Icons are ok, I'd rather text skills, but I can get used to it. Pitch seems fine as well. My biggest issue at the moment is the obtuse pre-match set up screen. Fiddling with inducements and flicking back and forth between my team and the opponent's got tedious fast.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 07:25:34 PM

Maybe I'll get used to it. I found the icons really slow to parse, and a lot of delays in selecting and moving units around that stretched out turns.

Maybe I just haven't played any blood bowl in a while though, and I'm forgetting how bad the previous version was.

I really hate the busy card art and icons though. Everything needs to be hovered over or clicked through to extra screens to get basic info.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 07:53:58 PM

Ya, its a bit of a pain in the arse. I guess once one is used to icons, its quick to parse, but they need to make them pop more from the player card.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 02:31:22 AM

So it looks like league management has changed somewhat:

You now have the option of running a single 'league' with your choice of competitions under it - ladder, round robin single headers, and knockout cup. A double header round robin is a no go, so in a longer season you presumably have to create a second competition once the first 'round' is done.

There is a function for automated validation, and ageing can be disabled.

I'll dig around some more, but the there does not seem to be many more options than that, apart from the ability to set prizes in either 'Cyans' (their in-game currency which is used to buy skins), or something called Tournament Tickets. I do not know what these do. Also, in typical Cyanide fashion, it appears at that while Cyans can be bought for real world cashy money, a league organiser can just hand them out to winning teams. I'm sure they are not that stupid as to design a system which directly cuts away at their income, but what do I know.

* edit:

ok so, the ticketing systems allows one to set up linked competitions.

For example, I can create a Ladder comp, the prize of which (lets say for the top 16 teams) is a Tournament Ticket. I can then create a Round Robin competition, the entry cost to which, are the tickets from the Ladder stage. After this, I can then further set up a Knockout Cup for the next eight teams, and so on. Hm.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:39:08 AM by Megrim »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 03:15:04 PM

After playing Duelyst (average game, very responsive and simple UI) for a while the UI on this is driving me insane, it's so slow.

Not to mention half the menus seem to be greyed out, and I can't find the keybindings.

After playing this a bit more I've given up. I don't know how to turn the turn timer down, and it's just very slow to play, even compared to BB1.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:15:54 PM by lamaros »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 03:10:17 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: $11 on steam, comes with none of the extra/dlc/new teams  
Jump to: