Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 06:13:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Valerian and the City of 1,000 Planets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Valerian and the City of 1,000 Planets  (Read 3505 times)
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 05:29:13 PM

My impression of the leads was that for the first time ever at a movie, I saw so little chemistry between a couple on screen that I wondered if both actors were gay. Seriously, neither one showed the slightest bit of actual attraction or warmth towards the other, and it made every subsequent scene involving one of them trying to save the other feel unearned and forced.

--Dave

--Jello Biafra: "If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve."
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

Oh crap already reviews this blah.

If bored and want something to read click here -> http://memiorsofatroll.wordpress.com/
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 02:19:23 PM

Shame. I haven't seen it yet, but I had high hopes. Besson tries hard to do outside the norm things, which I wish other folk would do, too. Gets tiring to see remakes and reboots and the same old shit time after time.

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 06:08:26 AM

Besson has the same problem Tim Burton has: can't tell a story to save his life.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 06, 2017, 04:03:27 PM

That and everything Tim Burton does has to be weird and DARK. Needs more DARK. He's as predictable as M Night Shamalamadingdong.

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 06:59:07 PM

I just watched Split for the first time today and thought the Unbreakable tie in at the end was excellent. He's making a better dark universe than Universal.

Anyway, m night is less predictable than Burton is a laughable goth.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 11, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

I like it, if only because I'm not sure who that insults more.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Valerian and the City of 1,000 Planets  
Jump to: