Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Necro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Necro  (Read 53801 times)
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 08:17:26 AM

saw no mention of iron golem or different kinds of curses.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 10:28:34 AM

I received a beta invite, but couldn't log in.  Error: 300016 or somesuch.

Best guess on the internets is that code translates to "Our servers are overwhelmed, sorry to hear about your bad luck."
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 07:18:59 PM

Actually, I think 300016 is the internal code for "please stop playing this game so we can force Blizzard to let us do it again, right this time (maybe).
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 27, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Played a tiny bit (level 12) until the servers crapped out. Initial impressions are that I am fairly certain they forgot the main thing that made me like D2 necro; having a huge swarm of pets that washed over your enemies like a tide, while you basically had to do nothing but watch and pick up loot.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 27, 2017, 08:57:25 PM

I'm around 12 or so, and I agree. The best part of necro was wandering behind your army and picking up things.

That's definitely missing here.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 28, 2017, 06:24:37 AM

Have they added loot crates and sprays yet?
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 28, 2017, 07:58:42 AM

No, but Malthiel is back!  Because he was so awesome the first time.
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 08:14:01 AM

No, but Malthiel is back!  Because he was so awesome the first time.

roflcopter
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 08:40:36 AM

That's about as welcome as the return of Aunt May.

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #44 on: May 08, 2017, 01:14:49 AM

Yes, WoW had an expansion after its Battle Chest which included Burning Crusade. (And hasn't had one since.)  No other game had an expansion after the BC was issued.

Wait? What?   I  have been expecting an "orient"  themed one ever since we had a clear idea where the story line with the Jewlcrafter guy was headed, where we travel to his homeland, Duke it out with some of the Thousand and One gods that live there, and eventually re-capture / destroy the big evil thing that was trapped in the gem.   I simply cant see them  leaving that plotline hanging.

That's Diablo 4. They need to replace Deckard with someone and looks like it'll be the JC guy then.

They better record all the JC lines before James Hong shuffles off this mortal coil. He is 88, ffs. And was born in Minneapolis. Ha, I never would have guessed that.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #45 on: May 10, 2017, 06:53:10 PM

You were not put on this earth to "guess it"!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 03:27:38 PM

Love Letters

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 20, 2017, 05:53:55 PM

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 12:57:23 AM

Real money.  Fuck off.

I'll continue to play my witch.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 06:39:54 AM

Yeah that was my reaction, after my initial internal laughter.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 06:56:29 AM

I wouldn't mind that much if there was an abundance of content, but that list is fucking Anorexic.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #51 on: June 21, 2017, 07:53:38 AM

Blizzard usually has their shit together on products. I really have no idea what is going on with this team and I suspect we'll never see a future Diablo game based on the types of games they make now.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #52 on: June 21, 2017, 08:50:46 AM

I'll probably get it if they start a Season 11.  It's worth about 15 hours to me that way.

I agree though, I'm not sure how they'll make Diablo 4 anything but a "kill hordes of undead" playground.  Which actually sounds awesome, but isn't a Diablo game the way I like Diablo games.

Best bet? Activision buys GGG and Blizzard cuts the unfun parts of PoE while keeping almost all of it.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 09:11:53 AM

What is the 'core' Blizzard team even working on right now?  All the games have their content teams (Diablo's seemingly being the smallest) but do they even have anything big announced?  The bulk of Blizzard development can't be working on an HD remaster for Starcraft right?  I guess they are holding it all for BlizzCon.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 09:15:36 AM

Blizzard usually has their shit together on products. I really have no idea what is going on with this team and I suspect we'll never see a future Diablo game based on the types of games they make now.

In that they're only following trends, as always. Money goes to the f2P with p2w games in droves. Why is it any surprise that their latest games are doing exactly that?

D4 would remain a dungeon hack & slash, but with oodles of tack-on paid-for goodies. Skins, classes, abilities, dungeons, extra loot drops, loot boxes, etc.  

Fuck, they'd do it to WoW if they weren't boxed in with the subscription price and knowing their remaining players would dump them if it went F2P because it would make things less elite over time.

What is the 'core' Blizzard team even working on right now?  All the games have their content teams (Diablo's seemingly being the smallest) but do they even have anything big announced?  The bulk of Blizzard development can't be working on an HD remaster for Starcraft right?  I guess they are holding it all for BlizzCon.

Nothing big was announced in the last 2 Blizzcons. 2016 announced a Hearthstone Expansion, Overwatch Leagues, the Necromancer, HoTS characters, and WoW patches.  They've got to be working on something but no clues so far that I'm aware of.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 21, 2017, 09:21:03 AM

They basically have one game for each genre except a 4x strat game, fighting game or a racer.

I'd bet they are probably cooking up an MMO of some fashion after whatever failed that gave us overwatch.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:31 AM

Rock and Roll Racing 2017!

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:35 AM

It will probably be a Rocket League mod any day now.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #58 on: June 21, 2017, 11:25:37 AM

It will probably be a Rocket League mod any day now.

With the way Rocket League and Twitch are managing branding, ex. Psyonix just announced Mario shit for the Switch version and Twitch just gave away a legendary lootbox in OW, I wouldn't doubt if Blizzard/Activision has feelers out to every god damn brand trying to get co-advertising/branding.

This loot box shit is going to become frequent flyer miles soon.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 25, 2017, 09:35:47 AM

I can't say I'm terribly enthused about $15 for a class, two character slots, and two stash tabs.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 25, 2017, 09:52:33 AM

I can't say I'm terribly enthused about $15 for a class, two character slots, and two stash tabs.

This is about 1.5-2 years too late. Following up a year after Reaper of Souls, I would have paid 15 bucks for more Diablo 3 easy. I'm over it by now.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 25, 2017, 11:21:32 AM

I might pay $5 for a whole new class.  Not sure.

And yes.  This is years too late.  The game is 5 years old at this point.  I still enjoy playing around with it, but I would only throw money at the game for a sizable content increase.

Not a class I played to death in D2.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 26, 2017, 08:34:43 AM

I would probably have paid 5$ for this. 15 is dumb.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 26, 2017, 01:34:36 PM

From a cost/hour viewpoint, my opposition is stupid.  I'd probably play 2-3 necros over 2-3 seasons, and get 100+ hours of play out of it.

My rule of thumb (sort of) is that if I enjoy a game for the same number of hours as dollars I paid for it, then it was worth it.

There's probably zero chance I would play a necro for less than 15 hours.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #64 on: June 26, 2017, 03:46:59 PM

I'm surprised Blizzard sold it for under $20 personally. They don't do that for anything.

Eh, I'll buy it. I didn't particularly care for D2 (worse arm/elbow issues than I have now), and never really got into it. So, this will be mostly new for me.
From a cost/hour viewpoint, my opposition is stupid.  I'd probably play 2-3 necros over 2-3 seasons, and get 100+ hours of play out of it.

My rule of thumb (sort of) is that if I enjoy a game for the same number of hours as dollars I paid for it, then it was worth it.

I think even my least played class has about 50 hours on it. This will be easily worth it.

-Rasix
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 27, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

Rock and Roll Racing 2017!

I played the shit out of rock and roll racing back in the day I loved that game.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 28, 2017, 02:36:57 AM

bought it because I had 15 hanging around. Yeah he's fun, toned down from D2 but still a lot of fun. CE makes me giggle in a way that pre-nerf D2 CE was awesome.

No idea on how competitive he is and I don't care

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 28, 2017, 09:01:11 AM

I don't know if this is still possible, but someone told me that during the beta it was possible to clear the "Kill 100 mobs in x time" shiny chests in about 4 seconds using CE.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 28, 2017, 09:22:37 AM

I'm surprised Blizzard sold it for under $20 personally. They don't do that for anything.

Eh, I'll buy it. I didn't particularly care for D2 (worse arm/elbow issues than I have now), and never really got into it. So, this will be mostly new for me.

I think even my least played class has about 50 hours on it. This will be easily worth it.

Yep, I agree.  Frankly, I'm surprised they don't add a character every quarter for $19 +/- ... I'd buy many if not all of them purely for the variety.  Depending on what it costs to add characters and/or sets, I'm more than a little surprised that they don't monetize this game better.  Honestly, I'd play it more if I could pay them to deliver new characters and content.  As it is, I'm pretty much every other patch (er, season) for about 2-weeks... then done for a few months.  Sure, they get $0 from me, so what do they care?  But that's the point... I'd willingly give them $$ over time.

You can say adding Necro is bland/dumb (and I'd kinda agree), but what's blander/dumber is resetting a season with *exactly* the same characters and sets over and over and over again. 

Its a head scratcher to me how that's a better business model than collecting $9 - $19 every 3-months or so for new stuff.

Maybe Mark Jacobs secretly hardcoded all the thing's they'd need to update to add new Characters or Sets... so the time/cost is too prohibitive??
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #69 on: June 28, 2017, 02:05:53 PM

Apparently I didn't save a single Gem of Ease or weapon slotted with one.  Sad Panda

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:39:59 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Necro  
Jump to: