Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Necro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Necro  (Read 53799 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: November 04, 2016, 12:22:26 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324407/restoring-the-balance-necromancer-overview-11-4-2016

Apparently part of some "character pack" that you'll have to buy. Looks like no more Diablo expansions, only DLC.

Also, next patch is going old school and implementing full Diablo 1 in Diablo 3.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:24:33 PM

WHOA WHOA diablo 1 in diablo 3? That's fucking rad.

Now do Diablo 2.

Also:
Isn't necromancer already in the game? The fuck they doing?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:57:56 PM

You are probably thinking of the Witch Doctor.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:10:59 PM

It's not a thought. I'm outright saying the witch doctor was already the necromancer.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:24:28 PM

I dunno...if they really capture the D2 Necro experience by letting me have a few dozen skels running around on the screen at the same time, I think it's enough  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 04:53:28 PM

I dunno...if they really capture the D2 Necro experience by letting me have a few dozen skels running around on the screen at the same time, I think it's enough  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Necro does seem like an odd choice given that Witch Doctor is in the game, but I do like Necro and I will play this. So ok.

Edit: In a year when this has no posts for like 8 months, I'm going to bump this thread.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 05:03:04 PM

Too bad I already have a D2 Necromancer in Path of Exile.

But D1?  Fuck yeah.  I haven't played that in YEARS.  Due to a mental problem, related to everyone thinking Survival Mode in Fallout NV+4 is a great idea, I slightly yearn for gold taking up inventory space and learning spells by chance.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 09:45:10 PM

Diablo 1 will be a once yearly event where you can play it in game.

Can't tell if the Diablo devs are stupid or super pants on head stupid.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 09:52:08 PM

It's not even diablo 1. It's a fucking diablo 1 themed dungeon using the graphics from the area before Adria. Fuck you, Blizzard.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:12 PM

Fuck you, Blizzard.
I knew it was too good to be true. Screw that. I'll just go play Diablo!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 01:40:08 AM

Yeah, while an ok gimick, just playing themed dungeon is a let down.  Really wanted to see Diablo 1 with updated graphics, spell learning by chance and all.

Sigh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 05:29:27 AM

What, the necro was announced for the 2nd half of 2017?  If it takes them that long to create a new class (that they demonstrated in videos already) then I guess we are looking at another decade until diablo 4 sheesh.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 08:56:47 AM

Well, that kills any excitement I would have had for D1 in D3.  Themed dungeon?  Bleh.  Give me D1 with updated graphics.

And necro.  I mean, I liked D2 1.1x necro, but I've played a lot of that necro.  Adding it to D3 is beyond odd, particularly since the witch doctor plays very similarly to the D2 style necro.  I think they even said that back before D3 release that the WD was the D3 necro.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 10:11:56 AM

I think this means that they have stats that say not enough people played the D2 1.10 revamped Necromancer.

From the videos I have seen it looks like they are bringing over the class exactly like it exists in D2.

Spread the joy of poison nova.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

What, the necro was announced for the 2nd half of 2017?  If it takes them that long to create a new class (that they demonstrated in videos already) then I guess we are looking at another decade until diablo 4 sheesh.

Yeah. Necro feels like it should be a Fallout Vault style thing, "Download it TODAY!" Instead it's literally a year away. WTF.

I really can't figure out where Blizz is putting their resources these days. They have what, five teams now? They seem to be doing their best to take WoW out of maintenance mode, which is cool, but this Blizzcon really seems like they had nothing new to show.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 01:28:02 PM

Poison Nova?  That's literally one of the most useless abilities in D2.

I spent 2 years trying to farm loot to make that playable, and found out that FOrb Sorc would eternally outplay a Poison Nova Necro.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 02:41:21 PM

I miss the days of being able to corpse explode screen after screen of mobs... then they nerfed it.

I really wish they'd re-think D1 (and D2) and re-make the game/story in D3 rather than just a tileset... charge me for it sure, it'd keep me happy and willing to buy D4

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 09:02:33 PM

Good news everyone.

Try A New Build With Challenge Rifts
Have you ever seen someone using a particular build and wanted to try it out for yourself? Starting next year, you’ll be able to do just that – and you won’t even have to gear up for it either!
Challenge Rifts are an upcoming feature which snapshot an actual player’s build from the game each week and let everyone take it for a spin in a static dungeon. If you’ve been hoping for a way to discover new builds while racing to beat your previous personal best in Greater Rifts, this is your chance.

Now you don't even have to play the game to play a maxed out character and run a grift.

What's the point of this game again?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 06:37:08 AM

Good news everyone.

Have you ever seen someone using a particular build and wanted to try it out for yourself? Starting next year, you’ll be able to do just that – and you won’t even have to gear up for it either!
Challenge Rifts are an upcoming feature which snapshot an actual player’s build from the game each week and let everyone take it for a spin in a static dungeon. If you’ve been hoping for a way to discover new builds while racing to beat your previous personal best in Greater Rifts, this is your chance.

Now you don't even have to play the game to play a maxed out character and run a grift.

Oh wow.  What is happening.

I can't imagine why they never implemented a rifts as a map loot drop concept like Torchlight and Path of Exile.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 08:17:33 AM

... there are no new builds to explore.  That's one of the problems with D3 right now, the game has been static since 2.4.0 for some classes, and 2.4.2 for everyone.

I mean, there may be another bugged build to find, but that's not a positive.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 08:58:20 AM

And it's not like the barrier to trying a new build was particularly high in the first place.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 06:22:20 AM

Build up character, pick spec, gear up character so you can do GRs, do GRs, get better gear so you can do higher GRs, do more GRs, run some stuff on the side to get keys for GRs, do more GRs, get more gear, then eventually burn out in silence for 4 month.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:12 AM

Good news everyone.

It appears to be a feature separate from the rest of the game.  Still a bit odd though.

Challenge Rifts (2017):

Race for your fast time in a greater rift, but with a level playing field
Same class, build, and items
Dungeon layout, monster and pylons are also all the same
The hero that you will play is a snapshot from an actual player
Will be updated frequently--currently thinking between 3-10 day cycles.
Allows for people to play a variety of classes and builds.
Gives a chance for optimization by allowing the rift to be repeated and to learn the ins and outs of the class, items, and build that you are using.
Will be leaderboard for friends and others. There is currently a concern of how they are going to handle leaderboards outside of friends and clans, considering in each region there are millions of players.
You will be rewarded for beating the time of the player that had their hero snapshotted in the form of Bounty Bags.

most often known as Drevik
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 05:38:33 AM

I don't understand the reasoning/fun behind this.

Want to play Diablo but don't want to play any features of Diablo? Here, do a speedrun with no randomization at all and using no items you earned yourself.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 07:56:04 AM

I don't understand the reasoning/fun behind this.

Want to play Diablo but don't want to play any features of Diablo? Here, do a speedrun with no randomization at all and using no items you earned yourself.

It's just another game mode.  A race with skill being the only difference between players seems like an interesting concept to me.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 09:21:17 AM

That's true.  One of the main complaints about RPG style games is that equipment can make a greater difference than individual player skill.

Here's a mode that gives you the opportunity to show that your skill matters more than your equipment, and we bitch about it anyway.

We truly are grumpy old people.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 09:27:22 AM

If this was a throwaway feature in a new expansion pack, no one would be talking about it. People are complaining because they (we) are overall disappointed with the lack of new Diablo stuff coming.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 09:39:57 AM

That's true.  One of the main complaints about RPG style games is that equipment can make a greater difference than individual player skill.

Here's a mode that gives you the opportunity to show that your skill matters more than your equipment, and we bitch about it anyway.

We truly are grumpy old people.

The whole idea behind Diablo if I remember right was: Oh shit, that guy just crushed everything! What does he have on? (compare), I gotta try that.  Then you go and play the game to get stuff to try that build.

Now it's just....ok, I guess I'll try this new mode twice.  Then I'll get loot bags for....what?
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 10:51:33 AM

I'll admit, I'm not terribly interested in playing someone with 5% better gear, and finding out that I'm just terrible at GRifting.   awesome, for real

Of course, I'm not that thrilled by a D1 themed dungeon (REALLY?!  REALLY?!?!) or playing a 1.1x Necromancer.

I've been there, done that, with the necro, and would kind of like to see D1 with D3 graphics.  But neither of those is really new content, or a promise for balance changes or item adds that will keep the meta at least somewhat interesting.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:55 PM

I'm taking this to mean there won't be another D3 expansion, if that wasn't clear already.

schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 02:27:20 PM

undecided Goddamnit, Blizzard.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 06:15:07 PM

Wait? What?   I  have been expecting an "orient"  themed one ever since we had a clear idea where the story line with the Jewlcrafter guy was headed, where we travel to his homeland, Duke it out with some of the Thousand and One gods that live there, and eventually re-capture / destroy the big evil thing that was trapped in the gem.   I simply cant see them  leaving that plotline hanging.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 06:09:54 AM

I would love another expansion but have they ever released one after releasing a battle chest? Possibly WoW (not sure there)?   Maybe I'm reading too much into it and they just want to print one disk instead of two.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 06:26:29 AM

Yes, WoW had an expansion after its Battle Chest which included Burning Crusade. (And hasn't had one since.)  No other game had an expansion after the BC was issued.

Wait? What?   I  have been expecting an "orient"  themed one ever since we had a clear idea where the story line with the Jewlcrafter guy was headed, where we travel to his homeland, Duke it out with some of the Thousand and One gods that live there, and eventually re-capture / destroy the big evil thing that was trapped in the gem.   I simply cant see them  leaving that plotline hanging.

That's Diablo 4. They need to replace Deckard with someone and looks like it'll be the JC guy then.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 05:43:52 PM

Good news everyone.

On a second read, this was in Farnsworth's voice.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Necro  
Jump to: