Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:17:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Board thread of the day... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board thread of the day...  (Read 211171 times)
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 01:46:19 PM

Drama thread of the day:

"Why I dearly hate you, Khodumodurno"

Drathe:
Number one, Khodumodurno is the most selfish, egotistical, childish, worthless warrior in this game. Not only does he cause raids to wipe on a consistant basis so much so as a catch phrase was made to his honor for doing so (Kodo Pile)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 01:48:12 PM by Train Wreck »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: March 24, 2005, 02:37:15 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37 on: March 24, 2005, 02:40:55 PM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: March 24, 2005, 02:42:37 PM

So it really IS Lum's fault! I knew it...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 25, 2005, 02:49:19 AM

He corrected it, it seems, but at least he has revealed himself as an ex-DAoC'er.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: March 25, 2005, 03:03:11 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
The tittle says it all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tee hee. Tittle.

I read about 4 posts in and stopped. This is as good as a thread on that board will ever get. From here on out it's down hill. Or over cliff. Or off pier. You get it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 25, 2005, 08:20:10 AM

Double funny, though. A guy cries that you no longer have to purely farm rugged leather, you can now turn thick into rugged. Man, I'd so much rather farm leather and sell off the tons of thick I get. Moron. From the "need slower exp gains in Planetside" end of the gene pool. The "not enough death penalties" end. You know, masochists with ocd. EQ players. ;)

The mythic stuff is pure gravy.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 09:20:48 AM

For your pain, an old fashioned uber guild exploit bitch thread!

-Rasix
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 09:45:55 AM

I'll see your guild exploit thread and raise you one god vs. science thread.
schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: March 28, 2005, 10:01:32 AM

FUCKING CHRIST. REPENT SINNER, REPENT.

Edit: Heh. This was pretty funny.

Q u o t e:
If one believes in god that means they don't believe in science.

G_G

Discuss

i know what a bunch of losers

Funnier by the subtlety inferred by the lack of caps and punctuation. I'm reading into the response too much, aren't I?
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: March 28, 2005, 10:06:05 AM

That thread is 23 pages long. I couldn't get past the 8th post without wanting to shoot myself in the ass with a hot grease gun.

What happens when you get to page 23? Does your heart spontaneously combust while blood shoots out your ears at an astonishing rate?

Do people around you start dying? Just like that. Dead. No reasons, other than the fact someone near them just read 23 pages of unmoderated stupidity.

I expect by around page 16, you actually see a glimpse of what hell would be like.

The meek shall inherit the Earth my ass.

Now excuse me while I go read the Britney Spears thread in the den to make myself SMARTER.

[I applaud you all for the bottom of our barrel being making fun of trailer trash while Bruce baits you. If I ever see an actual God vs. Science thread here there's a good chance I'm going to turn this into a Face of Mankind fansite.]
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: March 28, 2005, 10:13:05 AM

True science does not conflict with belief in God or the Bible.

Only unprovable theories and assumptions made by fallible men and accepted as defacto truth conflicts with the Bible.

I bet this guy has a degree from Bob Jones U.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: March 28, 2005, 10:15:22 AM

True science does not conflict with belief in God or the Bible.

Only unprovable theories and assumptions made by fallible men and accepted as defacto truth conflicts with the Bible.

I bet this guy has a degree from Bob Jones U.

I'll tell you whats unprovable.

The fact this guy knows Britney's new husband. And quite possibly has a mother and sister that are the same person.

I'm tempted to put on my tinfoil hat (which I wear when I write news) and go post in that thread. Just complete evangelical nonsense. Utter gibberish. 10 minutes of reading to form a response may harm me in ways I could never imagine, but EXTREME FORUM POSTING could become a national sport. Who knows.
WayAbvPar

Reply #48 on: March 28, 2005, 10:20:12 AM

EXTREME FORUM POSTING could become a national sport.

Heh. I like it.

schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: March 28, 2005, 10:28:13 AM

EXTREME FORUM POSTING could become a national sport.

Heh. I like it.

What you meant to say was:

I LIKE IT. LET'S KILL BABIES. RUN AMOK IN A SHOPPING CENTER WITH PAINTBALL GUNS...FILLED WITH BLOOD PELLETS. OMFG, YOU BUY THE WHOLE KEYBOARD BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE 'ZXCB' KEYS. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEA, EXTREME FORUM POSTING.

ZXCB
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #50 on: March 28, 2005, 10:30:35 AM

Or by another name, a thread about things we discussed during high school.

This says a lot about the Blizzard forums.

I don't even know why you guys are doing this - when I go to those forums, just the topic titles make my eyes bleed bright red blood.

Witty banter not included.
schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: March 28, 2005, 10:31:27 AM

I don't even know why you guys are doing this - when I go to those forums, just the topic titles make my eyes bleed bright red blood.

That's not blood. It's ketchup. You should really stop putting ketchup on your eyes before reading the internet.

OK?

ZXCB
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #52 on: March 28, 2005, 01:23:07 PM

omfg

not safe for work

sides hurt... eyes watering...  religion, so stupid *gasp*

Nice posts Schild, let me know when you start mass producing blood paintballs and the time of reckoning is at hand.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #53 on: March 28, 2005, 01:24:58 PM

That's not blood. It's ketchup. You should really stop putting ketchup on your eyes before reading the internet.

It looks so much better with the ketchup though....

Witty banter not included.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #54 on: March 28, 2005, 02:27:10 PM

Just one page is enough to kill that much more of my soul. THANKS INTERWEB!1@!1

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #55 on: March 28, 2005, 02:42:22 PM

Hax0ring, photoshop, and you.

For my contribution, see page 14.  I just love it how paladins can turn any thread that involves a shaman into a nerf shaman thread.   

I would try and reproduce this bug, but I like not being banned.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 28, 2005, 03:29:20 PM

bump
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 29, 2005, 06:55:14 AM

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 29, 2005, 07:20:35 AM

Now i took this into thougt and did the mathand tried it.

Nice one.  It's like that Lewis Black skit where he riffs on the overheard conversation at the I-Hop.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: March 29, 2005, 07:23:12 AM

When from behind me, a young girl aged 25 said the stupidest thing I've ever heard and it went something like this.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Now, DON'T think about that for more than 2 seconds of BLOOD will fly out of your nose.

It's the kind of thing you hear in a mall, look around to see if anyone else heard it also. But your friend is over there at the cell phone booth looking to buy a new phone. But he's not buying a new phone because he doesn't understand THE RATE STRUCTURE.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #60 on: March 29, 2005, 10:43:50 PM

Something I've noticed lately is that a lot of the really stupid posts come from people who are obviously male but have a female avatar.

Dude, take off your mom's bra and step away from the keyboard.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: March 29, 2005, 10:46:41 PM

A not completely useless post:

Quote from: Carne
Insider info on the server issue | 3/11/2005 1:52:44 AM PST           

This info was given to me by a former employee of a very large internet backbone server group. which shall remain nameless, but I'm sure the people who know who I mean allready are aware of this problem, but don't want to discuss it.

I don't know how long this will stay up before being deleted or locked, but here it goes.

The biggest reason why certain relms and servers keep crashing, and certain changes effect servers almost randomly, is not entirely blizzards fault. They use major backbone companies to host the servers used for this game- not their own proprietary servers they used for battle.net, though they did outsource allot of the b.net servers too, later in b.nets evolution. But I digress.

Blizzard as a company does not have the nationwide and worldwide infrastructure to completely control the internet access and server networks needed to make this game work. They contract other telco companies to handle alot of it for them. ALL mmorpgs do the same, do varying degrees.

The problem with blizzard is that they are in a contract with certain companies they cannot break, which includes hardware and bandwidth limitaions.

From what I was told, they optioned for growth at a certain rate and at a certain cost. They have been renegotiating for more mandwidth and control, but it's costing them dearly. They CANNOT discuss this openly in any way as it could be construed by the parties in question as being slanderous or libleous in certain contexts. Rather than take the chance of someone slipping up and saying a little too much at one time, they addopted a 100% non-disclosure policy on these issues.

Once any side gets lawyers involved, any and everything can and will be used against you. They also don't want to risk 10.000 angry gamers floding the internet companies with hate mail or spam about the issue. Blizzards contracts call for them to be the responsible party for customer contact in this situation.

On a related note, I was also told that the day to day costs or running the servers is immense- to the tune of several million dollars a month. As technology improves, they can expand the servers and increase the numbers of active servers and decrease the lag and technicle issues involved while keeping the costs about the same as allready contacted for, or even less.

One big factor in the cost I was surprised to hear was what my friend refered to as the "defense budget"- the cost of protecting the servers themselves from direct attack via the net. They are assaulted constantly by hackers who attempt to crash or hack in to the servers, either maliciously or to track the info flowing both ways on the networks. Its not a smal feet to protect them, and still allow the game to flow at all, let alone smoothly. The figures discussed put the wow servers at about the same target level as the pentagon, if not more so, in the attempts to hack in to, moslty my rank amatuers, but some serious damage has been done by pros as well.

I dont think blizzard, or any other mmorpg company really wants to dicuss the 2nd point, it being the dirty little secreat hiding out in plain sight no one wants to talk about. Again, loose lips sink ships, and if they did give out anything close to detailed info on how or when the servers were being attacked, it would invite other to try the same.

Well, hope everyone takes this for what it is worth.

And before anyone asks, blizzard certainly knows who I am, but under no circumstances will I divulge the source of my info, to them or to anyone else so dont ask.

Edited to correct the worst of my realy bad spelling.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #62 on: March 29, 2005, 10:51:49 PM

I give and I taketh away.
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: March 30, 2005, 12:55:03 AM

I give and I taketh away.

From the first post:
...this downtime along with:
you ignoring well constructed posts of buggs that downright nerf effectiveness of classes in leiu of nerfing those classes EVEN MORE and NOT FIXING THE BLATANT BUGGS...

Blatant buggs?

Buggs that downright nerf effectiveness of classes in leiu of nerfing those classes even more?

I don't know what the FUCK you just said, Little Kid, but you're special man, you reached out, and you touched a brother's heart.

That should be the default response from every single GM in the WoW forums. They'd get a lot more shit done if they'd get some balls. We're in a new generation of people with this intarnet thing, they can afford to have a little derision thrown their way.

Unfortunately it's just a line from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 30, 2005, 05:26:14 AM

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This one gets the Zero Wing award:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support&t=237072&p=1&tmp=1#post237072

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: March 30, 2005, 05:31:59 AM

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support&t=237072&p=1&tmp=1#post237072

Goddamn. You delurk to hurt us? Welcome aboard.

I think my HD was not good. I'll pray for this error not occurs again.

shocked Truly amazing.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 30, 2005, 08:25:01 AM

I got your "mandwidth" right here baby.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #67 on: March 30, 2005, 09:31:41 AM

Dude,

I had this same problem times ago. But not only this, another message appear some times.

I found a Topic here where says some players 's experiences with installation problems.

I tried one of those posts there and it saw:

"Trie to get out some RAMs of your computer and install..."

I install only one memory RAM DDR333 256MB and tried 2 times, in second time i get it. It's spend a long time, but i installed wow.

Yesterday when i was playing an error occurs in "wow.exe", the game was closed and i "win" a Blue Screen of my Win XP.

I think my HD was not good. I'll pray for this error not occurs again.

If some one know that topic i mentioned, put it here.

VIKLAS!!!!

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #68 on: March 30, 2005, 10:56:24 AM

This thread will get me fired, really its like one of those electric mosquito traps I just can't stay away.   

The funnies...     they hurt.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #69 on: March 30, 2005, 11:15:10 AM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Board thread of the day...  
Jump to: