Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hell or High Water 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hell or High Water  (Read 3684 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: September 02, 2016, 01:48:13 PM

This is a good movie. You should go see it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:09:55 PM

Agreed.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 07:17:08 PM

It's written by the guy that wrote Sicario and some of Sons of Anarchy, plus you've got Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine. What's not to like?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

My coworker told me about this earlier this week, and he's not the type to go see movies. I'm curious solely because I grew up in the town portrayed and know the banks named... Jeff Bridges kind of seals the deal. Too bad it's not playing locally that I can find...
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:27:52 AM

Loved it, and so did my 18yo son.

Why don't you try our other games?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 12:10:06 PM

Has to be one of Bridges' best performances.  He'll get an oscar nod for sure.  Pine and Foster?  Likely their best also.  Pine was a bit out of place as a redneck from west Texas, of course, but Foster killed it.

It's not the type of movie I typically go see, since I believe theatres are meant more for spectacle, but goddamn... what a well made movie.
Also, if you're from Texas, it's basically a must-see regardless of taste.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 08:46:24 AM

This is a good movie. Kind of a country noir. I liked the way it avoided some of the obvious (and dumber) story beats.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 02:11:53 PM

This movie is as depressing as living in Texas. It's a poster for. "Stay the fuck away. "

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 02:33:04 AM

This movie is out on DVD/streaming now. You should see it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 07:39:55 PM

This movie is out on DVD/streaming now. You should see it.

This. What a great movie.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 03:36:03 PM

Trying to find a copy in Aus as a gift, but it looks like it's still actually showing in a couple of cinemas here.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 03:04:58 AM

This is on cable now. Watched it again. You should watch it. It is good.

-H.L. Mencken
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:05:52 AM

Was wondering if I should see this.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:11 PM

I enjoyed it, worth a watch I'd say.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hell or High Water  
Jump to: