Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Billions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billions  (Read 2164 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: August 25, 2016, 10:03:48 AM

I understand why this show might not immediately be on F13ers watchlist, but it is quite good. Who doesn't love a show about competing douchbags? They play pretty loose with the Wall Street talk to make it a bit more accessible. Damien Lewis, Maggie Siff and Paul Giamatti don't disappoint.

It's on Showtime.

I have never played WoW.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 08:09:38 PM

I've been watching it with my wife and I think it's pretty good. There's some good character stuff going on with grey areas and wait who is the bad guy?

- Viin
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 12:19:23 AM

It is good for a few episodes, but for me it never recovers from when main character does the dumb thing at the negotiation. Everyone just starts doing even more dumb things to raise the stakes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:32:17 PM

This is kinda soapy trash but highly enjoyable.  Watching Paul Giamatti chew the scenery is worth it.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

Just finished S1 and loved it. Good actors doing fun stuff is always entertaining.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Billions  
Jump to: