Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I am moving to the USA - Gimme your best 3 tips 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am moving to the USA - Gimme your best 3 tips  (Read 35388 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #105 on: December 02, 2017, 07:31:51 PM

Congrats Falc, I'll have to drop you a line when I'm in Colorado next summer, it'd be a good excuse to drive that way and buy you a drink.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #106 on: December 02, 2017, 09:01:39 PM

Now that's a heartwarming story in time for the holidays.  Glad to hear things are going well!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #107 on: December 02, 2017, 10:59:53 PM

Awesome.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #108 on: December 03, 2017, 04:59:43 PM

Thank you all for the warm responses. And Paelos, I can't believe your family is here! Edwards is a little west of Vail but it's where our office is and where I start and finish my shift every day. This valley is so small that I am pretty sure I've met your parents before. I'm also pretty sure one of these days I am gonna be your driver to or from DIA.

It's less likely these days because they only live there half time. They are mostly in St. Simons GA now during the non-summer seasons (they love Summer in Edwards, Dad's a huge golfer and member over at CCR).

Next time we come up there for the summer (we go yearly) I'll ask!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: December 03, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

Congratz Falc!  I grew up in Colorado and do so miss the scenery, not so much the thin air.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #110 on: December 04, 2017, 07:39:39 AM

Happy for you, man.

I imagine living and driving in CO that you've learned the video you linked is not considered bad weather in winter states. If it ain't ice or a complete whiteout (zero visibility), it's nice weather.

I work regularly with an Italian vendor for our media dispenser, he's a politically active commie hippy and it's fun when he visits to get a couple beers in him and hear his ranting about Italian politics.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #111 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:20 AM

Well that was a nice uplifting read for a Monday morning. Good on you and I'm glad things are working out.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #112 on: December 04, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

Great news!  Glad everything is going great for you.  Was really nice to meet up with you some years back in Rome, and I'm happy everything has worked out so well.  It's always tricky moving somewhere and trying to settle yourself, but you are very personable so it doesn't surprise me you've done so well.

I've had a similar feeling since I joined the foreign service.  It's a job I love and can see myself doing till I retire or die, and its an amazing feeling to realize you've reached something like that in your life.  Hopefully the current admin doesn't destroy it before that happens, but I remain optimistic!   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #113 on: December 04, 2017, 07:37:49 PM

Great to hear man. Sometimes this place ain't so bad.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I am moving to the USA - Gimme your best 3 tips  
Jump to: