Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 7.1 - Karazhan 2: Electric Boogaloo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 7.1 - Karazhan 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 25626 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: August 17, 2016, 04:10:51 PM

No, really, you're not misreading:

https://youtu.be/8fAtcpvJ6lc

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 05:31:05 PM

Rumor was this was going to happen. It's a good thing because Kara was a fun instance, if entirely too damn long.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 05:44:30 PM

Apparently "too damn long" is the theme for Kara 2.0. 5-man raid with tons of bosses. They wanted to harken back to the BRM days of a dozen or so bosses scattered all about.

Which I'm totally cool with. As long as it has it's own queue and not a part of the regular/heroic 5-man dungeon queue.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

This is the first announcement that's had my stance that I won't be purchasing Legion on release waver. At this rate it's seeming pretty likely I'm going to be playing WoW at some point in the future again even if it isn't on release or for very long.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 09:04:03 PM

I look forward to the chess event with pugs.  why so serious? (srsly though, this is pretty cool)

e: obligatory, terrible sound quality and all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Comhx2cwoAg
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:30:59 PM by Zetor »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 07:35:27 AM

I look forward to the chess event with pugs.  why so serious? (srsly though, this is pretty cool)

*To reflect the changing nature of our player base we will be changing the chess event to checkers.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 08:11:03 AM

WoW is hitting on all the right nostalgia chords.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 08:25:42 AM

*To reflect the changing nature of our player base we will be changing the chess event to checkers.
* Flame Wreath will now only blow up the player instead of the raid. (obligatory Shade of Aran chant link)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:32:25 AM by Zetor »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:37:57 PM

Is it the same bosses then? I was hoping for new ones, I really don't want to fight fucking Shade of Aran again. He was boring and awful at the same time.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 07:33:26 PM

Is it the same bosses then? I was hoping for new ones, I really don't want to fight fucking Shade of Aran again. He was boring and awful at the same time.

No, different bosses, just the location is the same.  I imagine they'll be Legion demons.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 08:01:39 PM

Having read nothing about this expac I bet it will be the same bosses but "demonized".

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 10:52:52 PM

Having read nothing about this expac I bet it will be the same bosses but "demonized".

If you did the mini quest line, I don't think you'd be making the same bet.
dalien
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 01:24:29 PM

Which I'm totally cool with. As long as it has it's own queue and not a part of the regular/heroic 5-man dungeon queue.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

No queue, it's gonna be Mythic only.  Which I expect they'll waffle on after a couple weeks of bitching.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 02:18:32 PM

No, actually that's fine. I'd rather take my chances using the LFG tool to find people. Slightly higher chance of finding fellows that have at least two brain-cells to rub together.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

dalien
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 08:35:33 PM

I'll be fine with it too, but you know there's going to be a very vocal crowd upset that they can't LFD queue for the newest shiny Karazhan when 7.1 hits.  And to be fair there is a glut of douchebag groups in the LFG tool (720+ ONLY MUST LINK ACHIEVE) for say a 690 current mythic so I can see why it's offputting for a lot of people.  2/10 of the launch dungeons (Arcway, Court of Stars) are mythic only so I guess we'll see how those work out first.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 06:54:19 PM

Fuck you Blizzard, you went and did it.

I'm still not buying this. I don't even know anyone who still plays anymore.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 03:33:18 PM

Trailer for 7.1 just put up while Bliz is at PAX West this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiofX97_G0

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 08:25:28 AM

Going live today!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 12:23:35 PM

So apparently a bug slipped by causes your client to crash when you sheathe/unsheathe your weapon.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 01:53:02 PM

Neato!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 07:15:35 PM

The combat icons on the bottom tool bar darken out like you mounted or unable to engage to combat and so I can't tell when they're coming off cool down.  It randomly does this and changing zones or hearthing doesn't fix it.  It will either go back to normal on it's own or I have to log out to fix it (temporarily).
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:23 PM

Can try /reloadui for a temp fix. Deleting WTF/Interface/Cache also helps fix just about every WoW problem.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 10:42:19 PM

The combat icons on the bottom tool bar darken out like you mounted or unable to engage to combat and so I can't tell when they're coming off cool down.  It randomly does this and changing zones or hearthing doesn't fix it.  It will either go back to normal on it's own or I have to log out to fix it (temporarily).
Standard ui, or do you have mods installed?

A bunch of stuff changed in the new patch, and some mods might need to be updated.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 06:43:07 AM

I'm back to playing WoW again after an almost 3 year break.  Any mods that you'd consider 'must haves' for this expansion? 

I'm playing Holy priest for a dedicated 5 man if it helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 06:49:35 AM

World Quest List
DeadlyBossMods

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 02:57:58 AM

I  like Pitbull and Bartender for Unit Frames / Action bars replacement mods.

If you are healing,  you will probably want some kind of raid frames mod, and possibly something to make macro managing  easier, since you will likely need to make target macros for just about every goddamned spell on your taskbar.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 06:30:02 AM

I  like Pitbull and Bartender for Unit Frames / Action bars replacement mods.

If you are healing,  you will probably want some kind of raid frames mod, and possibly something to make macro managing  easier, since you will likely need to make target macros for just about every goddamned spell on your taskbar.

Thanks.  I plan to only do 5 man content, so the target macros shouldn't be an issue.  If it becomes an issue, then I'll be done with WoW.  I've got no time for that. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 09:34:01 AM

Macro Smackro, Just use HealBot or the like.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 02:22:25 PM

I'm back to playing WoW again after an almost 3 year break.  Any mods that you'd consider 'must haves' for this expansion? 

I'm playing Holy priest for a dedicated 5 man if it helps.

For my priest, I consider the following 2 essential:
Deadly Boss Mods
Healbot

Very helpful, because I sometimes have too many visuals to keep track of, this buzzes at me when I'm standing in something I shouldn't:
GTFO

Great for class hall management:
Garrison Mission Manager

If you want something to show performance:
Skada

If you want a different action bar scheme:
Bartender 4

Auction House:
TradeskillMaster
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 06:17:24 PM

Got my first legendary from doing today's emissary daily.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137079/gai-plins-soothing-sash

Switching to Elusive Dance for tier 7 talent. Go ahead, hit me harder  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 07:57:01 AM

Picked up my first legendary (finally!) on my disc priest - my main so far this expansion - first boss drop in mythic BRH.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137276/nero-band-of-promises

I was beginning to be irritated at the lack of a legendary, since some people have picked up their third.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 11:40:52 PM

Looks like everyone is getting legendaries -- I also picked one up last Tues (BIS for enhancement and OK for elemental)... from LFR, even. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137050/eye-of-the-twisting-nether

Anyway, regarding Kara, I just did a half-pug run this Saturday (2 friends, 2 pug DPS) and it was actually really good fun, though it went on FOREVER. Like seriously, 5 hours for a blind run -- that's on par with those monster "let's do every single quest" BRD and Mara runs in vanilla! My only two complaints are that Moroes is a massive difficulty spike that's harder than pretty much everything else in the dungeon, and a lot of bosses have a massive hate-on for melee (or rather, require you to have at least 1-2 ranged characters to avoid getting screwed by mechanics). Also, trash isn't threatening enough to need CC or kill orders, though this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #32 on: November 07, 2016, 05:16:06 AM

They said raids were going to be very non-melee friendly while dungeons were going to be unfriendly to ranged and were fine with this 'balance.'

So, there's that.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 07, 2016, 07:14:42 AM

I have zero interest in raiding.  It's hard enough to find 5 good players.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:45:49 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 08:39:43 AM

I have zero interest in raiding.  It's hard enough to find 5 good players.

Raiding isn't about finding good players. It's about finding non-braindead people that have no commitments in the evening.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 7.1 - Karazhan 2: Electric Boogaloo  
Jump to: