Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2016/2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer thread 2016/2017  (Read 13002 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

on: August 15, 2016, 01:08:53 PM

Hrrm Arsenal's season already over huh?  why so serious?

Is United with Pogba now the team to beat in the PL?

Will Leicester even finish in the top half this season?

Etc etc, discuss.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:31:10 AM

Leicester will finish in the top half. Opening day fixtures are often blips on the radar.

Arsenal's season comes pre-finished.  why so serious? Seriously, Wenger's refusal to buy for anything but "value" (except when he's panicked or there's another creative midfielder available for inflated prices) really hurts them. Liverpool has something of a similar problem, but I don't think anyone sits on money like Wenger does. I don't know if it's Kroenke and that raccoon mating with his skull refusing to sanction the big spending that's likely required or if it's just Wenger being stubborn, but there's no reason to go into the opening fixture with a 21-year old and a 20-year old as your only center back choices. Cheer up, though - at least you don't have Alberto Moreno at left back.  swamp poop

United is certainly scary - they have such a huge combination of good to great players and Mourinho hasn't had time to piss half of them off yet. Biggest problem they are going to have to deal with is finding the best place to play Rooney (hint: it's off the bench), keeping the young stars in the making like Rashford happy and fit without damaging the egos of the Zlatans and keeping Mourinho from becoming his own worst enemy. Guardiola's Man City really are the team to beat, though. If anyone can get results out of the talent they have at City, it's him.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 05:29:53 PM

I forgot just how goddamned large Ibrahimovic is. It is insane that someone his size has the touch he does. I will have to see how Pogba fits in, but I am optimistic for the first time since SAF left.

And LOL at Mata being first on the score sheet under Mourinho.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 11:43:05 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 07:12:24 AM

Team: What's the game plan coach?
Coach: Are you kidding me? Give it to Dembele.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 03:56:32 PM

Holy fuck, Klinsmann has to be fired now right?

Right??

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 07:48:41 PM

Holy fuck, Klinsmann has to be fired now right?

Right??

You would think but we've been wrong on that one for years. I'm not sure how much farther down rock bottom could be.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 06:45:40 AM

He's gotta have dirt on the board of US soccer. That's the only reason. The whole 'He's German, he HAS to better' thing has got to have worn off by now.

What. A. Shit. Show.

Matt Besler at left back.

Also this fucking list
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:57:44 AM by Shannow »

WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 11:57:52 AM

He's gotta have dirt on the board of US soccer. That's the only reason. The whole 'He's German, he HAS to better' thing has got to have worn off by now.

What. A. Shit. Show.

Matt Besler at left back.

Also this fucking list

That is incredible. I have been after his head for years, but holy shit, I didn't realize he was THAT bad.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 12:58:56 PM

Ding dong, that bitch is dead.

Well, that was only a year or two late.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 01:25:11 PM

Yay.

WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 11:54:38 AM

Auf wiedersehen, dumbass.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 11:59:58 AM

Maybe Gulati also needs to be held responsible for this debacle. He's the one who had the man crush on Klinsmann for years. Completely ignoring the Bayern failure. Philip Lahm had a few things to say about that. . Kinda sounds familiar. The feeling I always got was that Klinsmann didn't have a fucking plan to how to get the team to win on match day. Player choice, tactics and formations were all over the fucking place.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 09:20:20 PM

https://twitter.com/sporf/status/807981314477527041

Still reading these forums Amar HM?  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 10:16:33 AM

Stats don't lie. A good holding midfielder can make all the difference in the EPL. Look at Leicester and N'Golo Kante. That motherfucker won them the championship last year. He's on Chelsea this year and look who is in first place.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 12:41:46 PM

Stats don't lie. A good holding midfielder can make all the difference in the EPL. Look at Leicester and N'Golo Kante. That motherfucker won them the championship last year. He's on Chelsea this year and look who is in first place.

This. Fuck Kante for going to those fucks.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 12:52:45 PM

https://twitter.com/sporf/status/807981314477527041

Still reading these forums Amar HM?  awesome, for real

Yes, I still think he'll struggle against stronger teams or where there's a congested midfield. That said he's playing really well at the moment and his impact on the team is unquestionable, so that far I'll admit my criticism was harsh, but even yesterday there was a lapse in the 80th odd minute which could have cost the win, luckily we recovered well. I'd have him in the team every week over Fellaini that's for sure, at least he can kick the ball.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:08:49 PM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 03:53:50 AM

I present exhibit A. Carrick unable to do his thing when pressure is applied to the ball, he's no Paul Scholes.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 09:08:23 AM

I present exhibit A. Carrick unable to do his thing when pressure is applied to the ball, he's no Paul Scholes.

Exhibit B, Liverpool can't hold a 1 goal lead against any team with decent players.  why so serious?

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 09:31:48 AM

Think it was a fair result, Carrick was poor in the first forty five but I still would have taken Pogba off, lost his head.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 10:17:33 AM

Pogba is clearly very inconsistent right now, and I think Mourinho is asking too much of him to expect him to do much defensively. Which is classic Mourinho actually. As for Liverpool, I can't understand why Klopp didn't use Sturridge, or why he keeps putting Lallana on the forward wing instead of coming from the deeper midfield position. Lalllana's best games have been when he's coming from deeper, and part of the problem he's had at Liverpool from the beginning was managers like Rodgers thinking he was winger/inside forward. Also, Winjaldum really needs to improve his finishing. Holy fuck.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 02:16:21 AM

Absolutely agree about Lallana,  I remember when he was with Southampton his ability to drive into the box from deep positions and his late runs were exciting and also the reason Liverpool bought him, but then Rodgers decides to shunt him out wide and in advanced position where he has little or no impact. I think Klopp probably wanted to have a more defensive 3 in the middle away at Old Trafford, but you can see how ineffective Lallana is in this position.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2016/2017  
Jump to: