Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:07:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword  (Read 12488 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 05:02:11 PM

Eh.

RDJ makes almost anything watchable.

Tuff Turf for example?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 06:04:12 PM

I ain't no hippy.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

What if, hypothetically speaking mind you, someone was quite intoxicated at the time of viewing?

I don't think you'd be able to tell one way or the other, because the movie would have a sober man thinking he was drunk and a drunk man thinking he isn't drunk enough.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 08:20:34 PM

What if, hypothetically speaking mind you, someone was quite intoxicated at the time of viewing?

I don't think you'd be able to tell one way or the other, because the movie would have a sober man thinking he was drunk and a drunk man thinking he isn't drunk enough.

That sounds like a challenge.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 03, 2018, 04:48:24 AM

This was, in fact, the case.  Not me, but someone.  She was also of the view that this was the worst movie we've both seen in quite some time.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 03, 2018, 08:31:37 AM

If you're hoping for Excalibur (but actually good, by today's standards) I can see how you'd be disappointed.  If you're flicking through channels and this just happens to be on, I don't understand how it's generating so much hate.  It's not terrible, it's not great.  Just pretend that it's not King Arthur (because it really isn't).  Maybe it's Art's cousin, in another big city in England. 

There is much, much worse on virtually any channel, at any time of day.  It definitely does have a 80's MTV vibe to it, and since I watched a lot of MTV and Miami Vice I wasn't put off by that, but I could see how if you wanted Morte D'Arthur and no-MTV IN your Arthur, how that would be disappointing.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 04:56:49 AM

It IS terrible !

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 06:19:15 AM

I thought it was fun enough and I liked the design of the Final Boss.  It's a little cliche how all these video games teleport the player to a tiny arena for the last fight, though.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword  
Jump to: