Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Blair Witch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blair Witch  (Read 4422 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

on: July 23, 2016, 12:54:49 AM

This is a thing that exists.

Wut.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:15 AM

It's one of the most successful movies ever made. It costs nothing and grossed a fuckton. That there isn't eight of them is more shocking than a sequel appearing.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 04:36:19 AM

Did you have your head up your ass in 2000 or something? Conversations about it were everywhere. There's been so many cultural references since then to it that you'll be surprised when you notice them now.   Wtf.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 06:41:29 AM

Did you have your head up your ass in 2000 or something? Conversations about it were everywhere. There's been so many cultural references since then to it that you'll be surprised when you notice them now.   Wtf.

Um...what? Do you think I don't know about the original? I even remember the sequel! (Yes, there was a sequel!)

My "wut" was in reference to the fact that I think making a sequel is weird. BW kicked off the found footage craze, but that's old hat now. And while I think there are people who fondly remember Blair Witch I would guess it's more fondness for the experience and newness than for the movie itself.

I don't know that too many people are dying to know what happens next in the story of snot-nosed girl and dumb map-throwing guy.

On the other hand, I'm sure this costs nothing to make, so why not.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:35 AM

The sequel was fucking terrible.

Wait, are they making another one or something? Or did Margalis just think the DNC funded Blair Witch?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 11:04:47 AM

Or maybe he saw that they were making "the Bare Bitch Project" and misread it.

Or maybe a biopic on Tony Blair...

Seriously, this seems to be what this is about

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3400062/the-woods-actually-the-blair-witch-project/

The black cat is out of the bag, officially, as Lionsgate has officially pulled off the greatest coup in the history of cinema. The Woods, in theaters September 16th, has a new title: BLAIR WITCH.

Yup, all this time The Woods has secretly been the hotly anticipated sequel to Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick’s indie smash The Blair Witch Project.

I believe now is as good of a time as any to throw out a booming TOLD YOU SO. Back on April 11, 2015, Bloody Disgusting exclusively broke the news that The Woods was allegedly a Blair Witch film. We knew we were onto something when we were met with deafening silence from the studio, producers and filmmakers.

But I digress, there’s a lot of good news here. The first being that we’re finally getting a sequel to The Blair Witch Project, the other is that it’s awesome. Yes, I’ve seen the movie and loved it so much I’m going to be championing it all the way through release this coming September. In fact, I’m now allowed to share my review, which you’ve seen plastered on posters and in the initial teaser trailer.

You can read more of this guy gushing about it at the link, with video and stuffs.

So a movie I've never heard of has changed its name to T B W P and I'm... not excited.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:17:55 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 11:09:17 AM

Yep, not feeling it. The other sequel already proved that lemon has been well and truly squeezed.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 11:44:17 AM

The sequel was fucking terrible.

Wait, are they making another one or something? Or did Margalis just think the DNC funded Blair Witch?

Can you please keep your politics shit out of movie threads?

Come on dude. I know you have a raging hard on for me right now but keep it in your pants unless we're in the bedroom.

You too Sir T. This is a fucking movie thread. Keep your infantile politics grudges in politics.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 07:13:36 PM

Is your mental health deteriorating? They say that being social and having friends is of paramount importance as you get older.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 09:05:19 PM

Is yours bro?

Is yours?

Deep questions.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:17 AM

Yep, not feeling it. The other sequel already proved that lemon has been well and truly squeezed.
I don't know what's going on in this thread, but the sequel was pretty disappointing. The original wasn't exactly the best found footage, either, though.

I'm all for more quality found footage genre stuff, though. There is a solid audience for it and we've squeezed every streaming service dry multiple times over. Good suspense horror is really difficult to make.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 08:33:34 AM

So, new Blair Witch movie huh?  why so serious?

The only thing the crappy sequel demonstrated is that it was a crappy sequel. No reason you couldn't use the original's "mythology" to do something better, so color me interested.

As for the major sidetrack... I really hesitate to comment, since I know I'm not an old timer here, but one of the reasons I settled into F13 a little while back was because you guys were usually pretty good with keeping the politics crap out of other discussions. I really liked that, and would be sorry to see it go.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 09:08:18 AM

I don't know what's going on in this thread, but the sequel was pretty disappointing. The original wasn't exactly the best found footage, either, though.

I'm all for more quality found footage genre stuff, though. There is a solid audience for it and we've squeezed every streaming service dry multiple times over. Good suspense horror is really difficult to make.

True enough, but at the time this was the most popular and, to many, a great found footage movie. I never got into the genre, but the girl I was seeing at the time and I enjoyed it for the haunted house scares.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 03:15:25 PM

Considering what they've done to the paranormal activity franchise, it's amazing there hasn't been a true sequel to this yet (the only true sequel to a found footage film is more found footage.  Also, it was god aweful).

As a big found footage fan, I look forward to this.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 02:08:45 PM

As uneven as the original was, this still gives me the wigguns-

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:34 PM

That scene was forever ruined for me. The whole of the show creeped me out, but our on base movie theater was free, so a big group of us Marines went to this. We had the one idiot with us, same guy that didn't "get" the Matrix. Anyway, this scene pops up, and as we're leaving the theater, he says,"I don't get it. Why was that dude pissin while everyone was freaking out?" Marines.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 05:38:17 AM

I haven't seen Blair Witch in ages, but I never got why he was just standing in the corner.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 06:55:28 AM

The witch's servant, Rustin, would make one child stand in the corner while he killed the other so they wouldn't see each other die. Josh kills Heather while Mike stands in the corner waiting his turn.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 07:36:07 AM

Plus, he really had to piss   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 09:46:43 AM

Even knowing that, I never understood why the movie was considered scary or why that scene bothered people.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 12:07:38 PM

The witch's servant, Rustin, would make one child stand in the corner while he killed the other so they wouldn't see each other die. Josh kills Heather while Mike stands in the corner waiting his turn.
Aha. I didn't realize that Josh was working for the witch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 02:16:38 PM

That part is kind of up for interpretation, but that is one of the most popular interpretations.

The theory maintains that the screams were Josh luring them, not him actually being accosted. The final scene along with the story of Rustin and the fact that Josh pissed-off the Witch by kicking-over the totem are all used as reasons the witch possessed/ influenced him.  She didn't do the previous murders, after all, she had lackeys do it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Blair Witch  
Jump to: