Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue #4 pre-download on live servers today. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue #4 pre-download on live servers today.  (Read 2166 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: March 14, 2005, 10:34:03 AM

Issue 4 "Colosseum" is available for pre-download on Live Server today. Now understand this is only pre-download and this doesn't mean that I4 is on Live Server. This is just allowing heroes to get the content downloaded now to avoid downtime once they activate Issue 4. The free expansion hasn't been activated on Test Server so don't expect them to activate it on Live for sometime.

Stay tuned to CoH Gameamp for more news on City of Heroes.

http://cityofheroes.gameamp.com/news/viewNews/825.php

You will have to do the same as on the Test Server.  Log in to a character and then log all the way back out and the update should start.  Some people have had to try several times before it 'takes'.  It's a very short download but may save you some hassles when Issue #4 is finally released.

For some strange, unknown reason this information doesn't appear on the front page of the official website.  I find it odd.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 10:38:33 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:21:52 AM

I don't really get that - it is not even active on the test center.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 11:27:20 AM

I don't really get that - it is not even active on the test center.
The rough idea is - they've finished up most of the art and geometry, so if you grab the level/texture packs early there's not a giant crush on patch day.

--GF
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 12:20:35 AM

Also it allows them to do patch on exit rather than patch on startup, so they don't delay your play when they do launch, and you can abandon download part way through if you have better things to do immeadiately after playing.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue #4 pre-download on live servers today.  
Jump to: