Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Voltron: Legendary Defender - Netflix Reboot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Voltron: Legendary Defender - Netflix Reboot  (Read 3399 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: May 11, 2016, 10:19:26 AM

So Netflix looks like it's going to knock another one out of the park.  The official trailer dropped for this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdqoQjaOGeU

https://www.facebook.com/VoltronOfficial/

Some core changes to the story already, with no planet Arris or Princess in the trailer. Maybe they'll show up and we'll see Sven die for realsies this time.

Ed: Ah looks like the Princess and Coran ARE in, we're just getting some more backstory first:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/11/new-voltron-legendary-defender-trailer?iid=sr-link3

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:23:23 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:12:31 AM

I'm down.

Netflix subscription is really becoming a must-have these days.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:18:06 PM

As if I didn't have enough of a backlog of stuff to watch between Netflix and Hulu.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:33:29 PM

Inter-locks shall be activated,
Dyno-therms shall be connected,
Mega-thrusters shall go.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:09 AM

"Well I hate to break it to you, but your forty-eight minutes are up."

"Hey! How many more minutes can I get for this? FYI, five mini lion bots come together to form one super-bot!"

"Five mini lion bots?"

"Three minutes."

"Deal! What do we do with the remaining two minutes thirty-seven seconds?"

"Cuddle?"

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 12:15:18 PM

This came out today.  I'm only about 4 episodes in but so far I am enjoying it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:07 PM

I've enjoyed what I've seen but two things really start to irritate me.

1) Everyone is a Saka-level idiot. I use Saka from Avatar because these are the same guys. It was fine when it was one guy or the characters got goofy once in a while. When it's EVERY character in every scene it's grating and makes the thing seem like its aimed at 8 year olds.

2) Moron Corran really gets on my nerves. It's a complete 180 on the original character and something that wasn't needed when combined with #1. Having someone other than New-character-Hiro be the adult in the room would be nice.

Aside from those two gripes it's a pretty fun series. I wasn't happy with turning Keith into Broody McAngsterson but it's starting to work for me as  he's loosening up around ep. 4.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 08:25:12 AM

I've enjoyed what I've seen but two things really start to irritate me.

1) Everyone is a Saka-level idiot. I use Saka from Avatar because these are the same guys. It was fine when it was one guy or the characters got goofy once in a while. When it's EVERY character in every scene it's grating and makes the thing seem like its aimed at 8 year olds.

Ya this is my one barrier against this show. Target age too young for me.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 02:23:38 PM

BRAAAAAAAINS!

Started binge watching this over the weekend because I was in Netflix (watched The Last Jedi) and I'm up to S4E4 now.  Don't care for the shortened seasons because Netflix wanted to keep popping out new content, but it doesn't really affect anything in the long run.  Completely enjoying the show, although the transformation scene really gets old when you see it so many times close together (as from binge watching).  I enjoy the characters, they aren't treating Pidge any differently for being female, moron Coran can get old after a while, but meh, Allura isn't a dithering dingbat, etc.  I'm kind of surprised that this far into the show there hasn't been the usual romance stuff with the Princess, though. 

I never watched the original Defenders of the Universe version, I only saw the mobile vehicles version (which I guess was originally called Armored Fleet DaiRugger XV) so this is all new to me, including the backstory of the DotU versions and the fandom in general.  I like how they've parceled out backstories, filled in information in general, and how the villains have been presented (yeah, still not sympathetic to Zarkon, nice try though).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Voltron: Legendary Defender - Netflix Reboot  
Jump to: