Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Civilization VI 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Civilization VI  (Read 86133 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 04:38:03 PM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:33 PM

Immediately fire the kid doing the video. Admits not being a civ fan, I mean can't PC Gamer find someone who plays Civ hundreds of hours? I do and I'm not exactly hardcore. But worse than that (and probably related) he spends most of the time talking about the artwork and 'complaints' (1st lesson: ignore commenters, dude), and casually brushes off the main change of the new iteration that he should've spent his entire play session exploring so he could report on it.

Waaankah.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 05:35:03 AM

I turned it off when I heard him say he never really played the game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 06:20:39 AM

Well, the footage was gameplay. Unfortunately it wasn't narrated gameplay and whomever was playing didn't take the time to display any features.

Journalism!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 07:00:49 AM

Lots of comment complaints over colors/ look. Ah, PC gaming public, never change in your quest for gritty, shitty, boring palettes. Taupe, black, and brown, the only palette for real games.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 07:26:33 AM

I was going to say, since when have graphics ever been a civ thing? Like, of all the games to complain about.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 08:45:14 AM

The only thing I want from Civ graphics is to be simple enough to not make my GPU gag when it tries to render things late game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 01:24:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzC5cUQcFk&list=WL&index=11

That one is a lot better.  It's the same 2 minutes of footage, but at least the dude sounds super excited about it.  He discusses as much as he can remember from his little invited playsession. Some fun info in there.

Also, fuck hearing about Civ, total fucking trigger for me. Booting up Civ5 with the Community patch/mod is a completely different game and better/improved in every direction.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #43 on: May 27, 2016, 05:33:39 AM

There's a TON of information in that 2nd video and he's genuinely positive. Nice find.

A few that really stood-out to me:
* Builders w/ limited use vs. Workers is appealing. No more will I build 12 workers in my first 3 cities who do all the lifting for my global empire. That'll change the build strategy quite a bit.
* Along with the above, no more roads via worker. They're developed by trade routes which makes the trade even more valuable. It also means no more building a road to your enemy to move your army faster.
* The terrain bonuses seem pretty damn significant. The one tile that had +4 science due to its adjacency to mountains is a big boost with the right building. Plus you'll have a reason to build near mountains now instead of avoiding the blights on your city's expansion.
* Bombardment from military structures as well as the city means I'm less likely to build only one post-barracks building and use it to churn my armies.
* Barbarians are going to be a GIANT pain in the ass now.
* Global happiness gone. We're back to local happiness and managing it with amenities. While I didn't hate GH the per-city value always made much more sense.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #44 on: May 27, 2016, 06:11:29 AM

I hated global happiness so I'm glad it's back to local. It made zero sense to have it global.

The Worker changes and road changes confuse me.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 07:21:00 AM

GMG got me again with 25% off for this. May as well. Though I will be pissed if it's a Beyond Earth deal.
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: June 02, 2016, 12:26:17 PM

GMG got me again with 25% off for this. May as well. Though I will be pissed if it's a Beyond Earth deal.

I have the Deluxe Edition sitting in my cart with the discount applied, but I am trying to find out what is in the DE before I pull the trigger. If there is anything gameplay related, I want it. If it is a bunch of art books and soundtrack nonsense, I couldn't care less and will buy the SE instead. Anyone know more than is posted on GMG?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 12:38:36 PM

I think it includes 4 DLC if I remember correctly.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 01:31:10 PM

I was thinking about it, but I'll just snag the DLC during steam sales. A season pass is more inviting, because expansions > dlc, especially for Civ. But yeah, it's basically Civ + 4 DLCs that sound like the usual 'new civ' DLC.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 11:27:20 AM

This weekend, for those needing a reminder.  This is my major time waster series.  I won't be getting it until I upgrade my PC, but should get it around Christmas time. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 11:36:11 AM

Pre-ordered and downloaded the pre-load. Can't wait.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 11:39:17 AM

Forgot to preload last night. Woops.
Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 18, 2016, 02:14:07 PM

If anyone is still thinking about it, Greenmangaming has it at 20% off once you plop it into your cart, both standard and deluxe editions.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 18, 2016, 03:59:08 PM

Not getting caught again. C'mon, you all know that it's not going to be any good until after the second or third expansion.  awesome, for real
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 18, 2016, 04:16:15 PM

Not getting caught again. C'mon, you all know that it's not going to be any good until after the second or third expansion.  awesome, for real

Excellent point.  I'm going to be watching the comments before I invest.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:47:53 PM by Brolan »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #55 on: October 18, 2016, 05:32:56 PM

I enjoy them even before the expansions but I'm weird like that.  Need to preload tonight so I can play on the plane back from Vegas Friday.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 18, 2016, 06:25:45 PM

Yeah, I always get in a couple solid games of the vanilla release, and then end up playing it for years. No ragrets.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 19, 2016, 08:36:25 AM

If anyone is still thinking about it, Greenmangaming has it at 20% off once you plop it into your cart, both standard and deluxe editions.

Thanks for this heads up, saved me a few bucks.

Edit: I also end up having plenty of fun pre-expansions. They improve with the xpac, but they aren't a trainwreck before them, generally.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: October 19, 2016, 09:56:24 AM

I expect fully unbiased and glowingly positive reviews out of all of you for a week.

Followed by shitting on every feature when the honeymoon is over. COMMENCE THE WINNOWING!

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 19, 2016, 10:24:08 AM

I know I shouldn't have read this but I did. Damnit. I won't buy it, I won't.

Maybe just a little taste..

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #60 on: October 19, 2016, 12:16:23 PM

At least they stuck with the same bullshit they've said since forever with "And we’ve rewritten the A.I. from the ground up, learning all the lessons that we had from Civilization V, so we know how best to solve some of these problems in military combat and so forth."

Haha okay buddy. Maybe this time you'll get it right. Sixth time is the charm!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #61 on: October 19, 2016, 09:08:55 PM

I can't get steam to patch on my laptop.  I am not pleased and will be denied civs until Sunday it seems. 

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:08 PM

Nice writeup. No diplomatic victory worries me a bit, though. Preordered it anyway, because Civilization.  awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 02:37:38 AM

Fug it, I caved.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 05:48:55 AM

Thanks for this heads up, saved me a few bucks.

Edit: I also end up having plenty of fun pre-expansions. They improve with the xpac, but they aren't a trainwreck before them, generally.
Civ V is the only one I thought was pretty bad out the door.  But turned around in a huge way after the first expansion.

I've played all the others without any of the expansions I think.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 20, 2016, 09:21:54 AM

I didn't enjoy Civ IV at launch and it ended up being my favorite (with mods, cough).

Civ V I initially rejected but learned to really like it, though my aforementioned love of the Civ IV mod meant my playtime there was exponentially higher.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 20, 2016, 09:30:27 PM

Strategy view is beautiful.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 20, 2016, 10:13:22 PM

must...go...to bed...
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 21, 2016, 05:59:50 AM

must...go...to bed...

... just one more turn...
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 21, 2016, 06:20:17 AM

So far a nice experience, a bunch of stuff to get up to speed on but it still plays well. I didn't get too far (responsibility!), but I was a bit annoyed when my neighbor (I'm Rome) is constantly referring to himself as the Emperor of Rome (Germany is the HRE this time around). Going to have to irrationally kill Germany early, I guess.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Civilization VI  
Jump to: