Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Face of Insanity (Alex St. John) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Face of Insanity (Alex St. John)  (Read 10421 times)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 04:55:29 PM

When your daughter writes a public piece describing your recent writing as "the horrific toddler meltdown my father has been very publicly broadcasting over the past few days", that should be about as clear a sign that you need to rethink literally everything about your life.

Judging from his writing, he's basically the Peter Principle in action OR he's one of those relentless self-promoting types who, when they succeed, do so with a mix of flim-flam, forceful personalities, people pushing to make them someone else's problems, and frankly an amazing ability to peddle bullshit.

The latter is important, because the best bullshit peddlers are those who believe their own bullshit.

And those guys don't ever doubt themselves. Ever.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 08:11:00 PM

he's one of those relentless self-promoting types who, when they succeed, do so with a mix of flim-flam, forceful personalities, people pushing to make them someone else's problems, and frankly an amazing ability to peddle bullshit.

I mean...his big accomplishment is being on the Direct X team in the 90s, from which he was fired. After that he worked at WildTangent, which started as a shitty failed tech platform and is now a shitty casual games portal. He is pretty much the epitome of a guy who got where he is today (which is no place special!) through self-promotion - speaking at "leadership councils", writing idiotic blog posts, etc.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 09:28:33 PM

he's basically the Peter Principle in action ORAND he's one of those relentless self-promoting types

FTFY
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 04:40:19 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the peter principle describes someone promoted a level above their competency, not someone who was fired for incompetence then founded their own shitty company.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 05:21:16 AM

You're correct.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 06:05:38 AM

And those guys don't ever doubt themselves. Ever.

Not publicly. But deep down they are constantly afraid they are going to be exposed as frauds. It's why they so loudly attack any opposition. It's not confidence, it's fear.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Face of Insanity (Alex St. John)  
Jump to: