Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Quit Eve For Good? Help Your Friends Make Some Isk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quit Eve For Good? Help Your Friends Make Some Isk  (Read 9985 times)
Phildo
Contributor

on: March 11, 2016, 08:19:37 AM

Hey guys, I know quite a few of you have unsubbed your accounts and have no interest in ever playing again.  As you may or may not know, your inert characters can now be converted into skill injectors and sold on the in-game market for a nice chunk of isk.  I'm willing to front a plex for anyone with more than 10 million skillpoints and the majority of the isk will go towards getting current Bat Country members into PvP ships.

If we can somehow clear 800 billion (approximately 800 million skillpoints, give or take) then I've got a special project in mind.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:07:21 AM

Is there a way to check how many skill points you have without an active sub? I honestly have no idea what my shitty little character managed to get up too.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 10:17:26 AM

I'll look into it, but off the top of my head I'd say you can download Evemon and plug in an API.  Should only take a few minutes.

E: Evemon download link
API Management
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:28:14 AM by Phildo »
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 06:18:10 AM

Actually, if you don't have evemon, you can just set up the API and use it with www.eveboard.com / put a password in and nobody else will see your character.  That way you're not installing a whole program just to see skillpoints.

EDIT:  Phildo, are you worried that getting a large number of injectors may trigger CCP's RMT red flags?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:24:59 AM by ajax34i »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:27:03 AM

On a vaguely related note, what is the best way to 'retrieve the value' in an Eve character. Let's say I had a character that had about a hundred million SP including a bunch of painfully long cap ship and fleet command skills that I would like to turn around and I didn't want ISK for it.

Edit: number of skillpoints hilariously understated.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:48:05 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 06:49:38 AM

You have to have at least 5.5 million skillpoints total to be able to extract skillpoints, and you extract in chunks of 500k per extractor.

At current prices, if you sell your (filled) injectors on the market for ISK and then buy PLEX with the ISK, you can almost recover the subscription time you spent for training that character.  So if you had 5 years of training, you can get enough PLEXes to fund your subscription for a further 4.5 years I believe.  It's actually an increase in value, considering that a monthly sub is $15 and the yearly sub is $11 / month, and a PLEX is $20.

However, per the EULA you can only get in-game stuff for your injectors; CCP bans any method of getting the "value" retrieved out of the game.  Best in-game thing to get is PLEX because its value is always $20 and it won't inflate or deflate with the ISK.  You can't convert the PLEX to dollars-in-your-pocket, though, and as I said above, transferring PLEX or large sums of ISK between unrelated characters for no reason will likely trigger RMT flags.

I've never RMT'd and I don't intend to, but I do have a curiosity about how people manage to get around the flags and detection, and judging by this Reddit article, the popular ISK auction sites are involved (which makes sense, there's always the temptation to get dollars out if you manage to gather trillions of ISK) and the trick seems to be to disguise it as a lottery win.  That article is from a year ago, so no clue if it's still valid or if the sites in question still function.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:56:19 AM by ajax34i »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 07:48:52 AM

I edited my post, my main has about 100 mill SP.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 08:24:29 PM

Phildo, are you worried that getting a large number of injectors may trigger CCP's RMT red flags?

Yes, that had occurred to me.  It's a risk I'm willing to take, and I suppose I can squat on the isk for a few weeks to make sure it doesn't get the corp itself in trouble.  Based on the response to this thread, however, I doubt it'll be an issue.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:55:01 AM

Just a trick to get people to resub!

Don't do it, you already won!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 04:02:02 PM

Nah, I just want to buy some supercarriers for the corp.  People resubbing would be great, but folks who haven't played the game in years should maybe not jump right into PL.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 05:50:03 AM

I think I got like 20M or so. What do I do to get you the stuff?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 04:58:07 PM

Sent you a PM with details.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 09:18:17 AM

Just a trick to get people to resub!

Don't do it, you already won!

Are you good at Eve?  Does PL appeal?  Knowing you best from outside Eve is a good thing.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 09:32:42 AM

You know, with as oddly addicted as I am to clicker/idle games, if Eve offered a steeply discounted sub which only let me change my skills and keep leveling (and nothing else), they'd probably have a lot more money out of me.  Because you know, I just might come back maybe possibly someday.   awesome, for real

Because of this, you guys cannot have my millions of SP.  I'm way to much of a hoarder......

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 09:43:06 AM

Hah, you were actually next on my list of people to privately hunt down.  Damn you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Quit Eve For Good? Help Your Friends Make Some Isk  
Jump to: