Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2016 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 College Football  (Read 40343 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: January 11, 2017, 12:21:52 PM

I don't watch much college football, but I saw the second half of this game. Watson looked WAY better than the Alabama QB (whose name I don't remember).

Hurts. And he is a true freshman - maybe 19 years old? maybe?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #71 on: January 11, 2017, 12:27:06 PM

18 actually. Looked fantastic against lesser competition, but his weaknesses tend to show up against better competition. He'll get better, or should. If he doesn't development a downfield passing game, then the recipe for beating Alabama is basically written in stone. Now, whether teams can do that or not, remains to be seen.

Watson should be the first QB taken unless he has some really awful hidden medical/character issue. The rest of the guys touted for the draft looked absolutely terrible in their bowl games.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 11, 2017, 01:00:26 PM

18 actually. Looked fantastic against lesser competition, but his weaknesses tend to show up against better competition. He'll get better, or should. If he doesn't development a downfield passing game, then the recipe for beating Alabama is basically written in stone. Now, whether teams can do that or not, remains to be seen.

Watson should be the first QB taken unless he has some really awful hidden medical/character issue. The rest of the guys touted for the draft looked absolutely terrible in their bowl games.

Well Watson clearly has some brain damage from that game. I don't even think he realized he had played it at the end of it, he was talking like the season still had another game.

Browning was supposedly hurt but even then Watson looked so much better than him that there is nothing that i can see taking Watson off the number 1 pick spot
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 11, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

Well Watson clearly has some brain damage from that game. I don't even think he realized he had played it at the end of it, he was talking like the season still had another game.

Browning was supposedly hurt but even then Watson looked so much better than him that there is nothing that i can see taking Watson off the number 1 pick spot

Not a 1st pick type QB. 1st round sure, but not with the first pick. I am hopeful the Browns aren't that stupid... HOPEFUL I SAID. But really, I'd take Mike Williams before Watson if I was picking off Clemson.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #74 on: January 11, 2017, 02:05:01 PM

I see a lot of places rating Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield higher with Browning right below. One of the Alabama mutants probably goes before a QB, but it is Cleveland. They'll latch onto a dumb idea and sail it into port.

edit:

But yah, the Browns do really need a QB. RG3's legs haven't made it through a complete season yet.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:52:10 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:18 PM

Not a 1st pick type QB. 1st round sure, but not with the first pick. I am hopeful the Browns aren't that stupid... HOPEFUL I SAID. But really, I'd take Mike Williams before Watson if I was picking off Clemson.

The Browns need a QB. They will pick a QB. They do not have the luxury to not pick a QB. Its a lottery sure, but you've got to play the lottery to win.

Frankly he looks amazing as a first pickup.
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 11, 2017, 04:44:40 PM

The Browns need a QB. They will pick a QB. They do not have the luxury to not pick a QB. Its a lottery sure, but you've got to play the lottery to win.

Frankly he looks amazing as a first pickup.

You are obviously unhinged. The Browns need much more than a QB and Watson is not great enough to waste it on. You take the best available which are mainly on the defensive side of the ball. We have QBs and we have a HC who supposedly knows QBs. You also have no OL to protect a QB... which is why the Browns have employed 400 QBs since 1999. So no...

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 11, 2017, 04:55:37 PM

Is this just the title game making people suddenly think Watson is this awesome prospect? I still think Browns should take Garrett no question. I would warn against picking somebody because they played well in 1 game.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 11, 2017, 11:45:04 PM

Watson has played well in other games and bowls seem to confirm that the ACC was significantly underrated (which should increase the value of their players)

As for the Browns. Yea they need other spots. But the QB is the most important. A great O line doesn't matter if your QB is bad and if your QB is magic then you can have the worst O line in the game and still do Ok.
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 12, 2017, 03:27:47 AM

Watson has played well in other games and bowls seem to confirm that the ACC was significantly underrated (which should increase the value of their players)

As for the Browns. Yea they need other spots. But the QB is the most important. A great O line doesn't matter if your QB is bad and if your QB is magic then you can have the worst O line in the game and still do Ok.

I'd just like to point out how many times the Browns have tried that so far with ZERO success. We are talking years bordering on decades (plural). Without a sureshot QB in this year's draft, why sacrifice another 2 years of shit QB work in Cleveland with yet another overrated prospect? Watson is an OK QB... probably be successful at the next level, but he is not a franchise saver. Work the defense and OL and then 2018 or 2019 get a QB.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #80 on: January 12, 2017, 06:38:17 AM

Bama has another 5 star QB behind Hurts if he can't develop a downfield passing game. He's out of Hawaii and his name is Tua something. So as usual don't count on that recipe staying the same very long.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #81 on: January 12, 2017, 02:45:34 PM

Seattle and Dallas have proven that if you spend your money and resources on making other units great, you can gamble a bit on a young QB. That is how I would rebuild in Cleveland- solidify the offensive line and the defense, and draft a QB in a later round. Obviously not every late rounder is Wilson or Prescott, but there are serviceable QBs in every draft. You could also trade for Tony Romo if you HAD to have a QB next year. I don't think Dallas will ask a king's ransom for him, since he is old, fragile, and extremely expensive. They may even just cut him and you can sign him, but then you risk him signing elsewhere.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 12, 2017, 06:12:18 PM

I'd just like to point out how many times the Browns have tried that so far with ZERO success. We are talking years bordering on decades (plural). Without a sureshot QB in this year's draft, why sacrifice another 2 years of shit QB work in Cleveland with yet another overrated prospect? Watson is an OK QB... probably be successful at the next level, but he is not a franchise saver. Work the defense and OL and then 2018 or 2019 get a QB.

Losing the lottery does not imply you don't have to play. If the Browns cannot win the lottery they can't win at non-QB drafting either.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2016 College Football  
Jump to: