Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 15/16 thread (aka let's talk about Leicester) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer 15/16 thread (aka let's talk about Leicester)  (Read 58624 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #70 on: May 06, 2016, 09:33:46 PM

Otamendi is really good. I watched him with Valencia last season and he and Mustafi were a great combo. Losing him is definitely one of the things that made Valencia slip up so badly this year. There's are reason United and City were both sniffing around him and that City paid so much to finally get him.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 11, 2016, 10:40:24 AM

I'm very happy with Liverpool's attack, especially if we can hold onto the Brazilians over the summer, to the extent that a fit Sturridge would be a (big) bonus rather than a desperate hope of salvation, but our defence terrifies me and yes, I count Moreno as part of that.  If Rodgers was still in charge I'd be scared that we were going to pick up Man City's rejects, with the nightmarish vision of a Toure/Toure pairing at the back, but hopefully Klopp will have enough infliuence over the committee to get us some solid, german CBs.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #72 on: May 11, 2016, 11:10:14 AM

Well, he's already signed Matip and I think a combo of Lovren/Matip would be a decent CB pairing as long as Lovren is on the right. Even Lovren/Sakho has been a great improvement over what happened before. LB is a HUGE problem and I think Moreno would be better if they just pushed him up to a winger role as opposed to trying to make him a flying wingback who can't defend for shit. Hopefully Joe Gomez will be back healthy next season as well, and with Clyne/Flanagan/Randall on the right (with all 3 of those able to switch to LB when needed), I think we just need a good LB to make the defense more solid. Plus Can being back healthy makes a HUGE difference. He was absolutely dominating in that Villareal game.

But dear GOD, do we need a new #1 goalkeeper. Mignolet is just terrifying.

Mac
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 18, 2016, 02:52:42 PM

Sevilla has managed to win the Europa league for a third straight time. The UCL Final is between two Spanish teams, and a Spanish team has won the last two.

La Liga, best Liga.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #74 on: May 18, 2016, 07:18:09 PM

Sevilla got the benefit of some REALLY REALLY SHITTY ref decisions. Liverpool had at least 2 good claims for handballs in the box that should have been penalties. Also, Alberto Moreno is a goddamn shitty shit shit left back and needs to be sent packing.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 19, 2016, 03:14:04 PM

Since United beat Liverpool last year, I've been saying Moreno isn't up to snuff, seems to be gathering some momentum. Need to get Flanagan back in there, he's a top full back.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #76 on: May 22, 2016, 03:07:01 PM

Messi is a wizard.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #77 on: May 22, 2016, 05:54:44 PM

So all the football web sites are reporting that Van Gaal is out and Mourinho is in, and that it will be officially announced this week. Thoughts?

Personally, I don't know why you'd replace one dour dickbag with another salty vag who also tends to play defensive, possession based football while pissing off everyone around him. Not to mention you know Mourinho will wear out his welcome in 3 years time and we'll be back here again, looking at interim manager Guus Hiddink.

WayAbvPar

Reply #78 on: May 22, 2016, 09:54:05 PM

Hopefully Giggs will be ready when Mourinho fucks off.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 22, 2016, 11:29:33 PM

Who gives a shit, English football sucks.  La Liga is where it's at.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 23, 2016, 01:24:01 AM

Manchester united have been awful in the transfer market the last few years and Mourinho will correct the problem. His biggest problem will be the dressing room, Moyes lacked the experience, LVG was too much of the old school and I'm not sure how well he will do.

I think Mourinho is exactly the type of personality they need right now, he knows england, Giggs and Rooney will respect him but I really really hope he will flop badly so that the chaos will continue.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 23, 2016, 02:35:27 AM

I think he will fail, but eh, I've still got '99.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 04:13:28 AM

Look at me, look at me!

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Mac
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 23, 2016, 04:45:02 AM

Sevilla got the benefit of some REALLY REALLY SHITTY ref decisions. Liverpool had at least 2 good claims for handballs in the box that should have been penalties.
Liverpool should haven gotten more from the referee in the first half, but they were well and truly beaten the second half. It's like only one team decided to show up for the rest of the game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #84 on: May 23, 2016, 07:26:15 AM

That is absolutely true. Liverpool gave up a really soft, shitty goal (thanks MORENO) right off the opening kick, and gave the fuck up for the rest of the game. I think the forwards were just tired of constantly having to bail out our shitty defense/goalkeeper.

As for Mourinho, he'll do some things right and he may even win some silverware, but when he goes, it's going to be ugly as fuck. I'm sure about half the United fans hate his fucking guts and you KNOW Sir Alex does (which is going to cause boardroom friction with the SAF faction off the field). His football won't be that much more exciting than Van Gaal. And holy shit does that squad need a refresh despite all the money they've spent. Lord help them if De Gea decides he really does want to go back to Spain because without him they'd have finished below Liverpool. I think they finish top 4 first year, maybe challenge for the title second year, then Mourinho gets the saltiness and it all turns to shit again.

Of course, I'm hoping it turns to shit immediately and stays that way because fuck United.

WayAbvPar

Reply #85 on: May 23, 2016, 08:33:59 AM

You mean the same league that has had the same two champions since 2004 (save 1 year from Atletico)? No thanks. I loathe both Barcelona and Real, and the rest of the league are all also rans.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mac
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 23, 2016, 08:39:25 AM

As for Mourinho, he'll do some things right and he may even win some silverware, but when he goes, it's going to be ugly as fuck. I'm sure about half the United fans hate his fucking guts and you KNOW Sir Alex does (which is going to cause boardroom friction with the SAF faction off the field). His football won't be that much more exciting than Van Gaal. And holy shit does that squad need a refresh despite all the money they've spent. Lord help them if De Gea decides he really does want to go back to Spain because without him they'd have finished below Liverpool. I think they finish top 4 first year, maybe challenge for the title second year, then Mourinho gets the saltiness and it all turns to shit again.

Of course, I'm hoping it turns to shit immediately and stays that way because fuck United.

I will watch the City games just to see Mou lose to Guardiola. Mourinho meltdowns in press conferences are the best meltdowns.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 23, 2016, 12:30:45 PM

Bit of a shitstorm going down on my favourite football haunt where one of the journos called out United for being classless, announcing or leaking that LVG is getting sacked, only hours after winning the FA Cup. Most ppl believe that the news is either fabricated or the work of Jorge Mendes. Im not overly happy with the idea of Mourinho and think Van Gaal should be given another year.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: May 23, 2016, 02:26:20 PM

The fact that it took over 24 hours to get MU to confirm that Van Gaal was fired is absolutely classless, same as when Moyes found out he was sacked from journos. But then, the repeated stories about Mourinho coming "ANY DAY NOW" or "SOON AS THE SEASON'S OVER" were just as classless, whether they came from United or from Mou's agent. The whole thing has just been a fucking shit show.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 23, 2016, 04:21:52 PM

The repeated stories were actually the media waging a war against LVG, there wasn't a very good relationship there, I mean you're talking about the fucking English press here and a very outspoken manager. One Sun journo publicly went on a diet after being called the 'Fat man'. Don't feel sorry for him by the way, he's the guy who in every press conference repeatedly asked LVG when he was going to be out of a job, or would he consider quitting. The ironic thing is LVG actually inspired this guy to change his life around, but the fuckhead is probably too dumb to realise it.

I don't get why waiting 24 hours to announce is classless, at least let the guy give two fingers to the media before riding off in the sunset. They only spoke to Van Gaal and his lawyer this morning, so at least they said it in person to the guy before officially releasing it. The leaks probably came from Mourinho's corner, nothing you can do about that, Mendes is a fucking viper and I'm dreading to think what shits going to go down next season. But hey Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola all fighting for the title is at least going to provide some entertainment.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:30:48 PM by Amarr HM »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 23, 2016, 04:56:52 PM

But hey Klopp, Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola all fighting for the title is at least going to provide some entertainment.

Good one.

Title is Man City and Arsenals to lose.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:14 PM

When have Arsenal ever mounted a title challenge :D

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 23, 2016, 06:01:53 PM

Wait someone thought all those 0-0 draws was worth giving LVG another year?

Holy fuck. It's the English media, nothing surprises me but MU looked like complete shit for large chunks of this year. I don't see how LVG was ever going to keep his job.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 23, 2016, 06:12:20 PM

There's no doubt those performances and not qualifying for CL killed any chance he had. But he also removed all the dead weight from the squad, brought through some exciting youth products and won a trophy. 26 years ago that would have been more than enough to keep your job, but times have changed.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #94 on: May 23, 2016, 07:21:37 PM

Yet somehow, Arsene Wenger still has a job.  why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #95 on: May 24, 2016, 08:31:38 AM

I am convinced it is his big puffy coat. It is +4 to saving throws against sacking.

Mac
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:34 AM

It's because both their names start with Arse.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 25, 2016, 03:45:25 AM

To be fair, Arsenal are still a top club and are now rich after the stadium move. Yes, they haven't won much, but they easily could have stuffed themselves up and dropped off like some other clubs have done if they changed managers a bit.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:40 AM

If arsenal should do something its to find out why so many of their players ends up plagued with injuries.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: June 04, 2016, 11:12:45 AM

Anybody watch the US/Columbia game last night? I could only stomach up until the US went down 2-0 before I just had to turn it off. Klinsmann has lost me. He's got a guy like Pulisic on the bench (since for some reason he didn't start) and coach never brings him on even when down 2-0... the fuck? Was there seriously anyone else on that team with the creativity to do anything with the ball but lose it? Man, this team looks just as boring and lost as the one that got run over in the last Copa America or the last World Cup for that matter.

WayAbvPar

Reply #100 on: June 04, 2016, 11:32:47 AM

Hot fucking garbage. Fire JK into the fucking sun. Jesus.

e- his tactics and lineup are just fucking clownshoes. Dempsey should be playing behind the striker/CF and running the offense, with Bradley sitting deep. And he should have had Jordan Morris on the squad, but lucky for Seattle he didn't take him.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: June 11, 2016, 03:12:48 PM

Heh, way to finish there England.

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #102 on: June 11, 2016, 08:03:17 PM

England is a bit of a mess. Rooney is a player without a position that no one wants to bench. Sterling is Sterling, meaning he will run his socks off until he loses possession by running directly into a cul-de-sac full of three defenders and he still hasn't learned to cross. Adam Lallana gives you the best 20 minutes of missing the goal money can buy. Don't forget Jack Wilshere who also runs to no good effect. And their best defenders are still Gary Cahill and Chris Smalling so...

Meanwhile, goal scorers like Vardy and Sturridge sit on the bench, and they continue to play the Roy Hodgson way. Get one goal and sit back because why would they need another goal?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 21, 2016, 06:38:31 PM

Uh, ya. Messi.

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: June 21, 2016, 08:10:17 PM

I almost switched it off after the 1st goal... the 2nd one finished it for me. It's not like I didn't expect that, but at least give them a game. Nope.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer 15/16 thread (aka let's talk about Leicester)  
Jump to: