Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Brothers Grimsby 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Brothers Grimsby  (Read 2005 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

on: February 12, 2016, 05:56:07 PM

This looks both dumb and funny as hell at the same time Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?.

In the end though, it's Sacha Baron Cohen. I'm assuming that is all that is needed to be said for whether someone will like it or not

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtclB_02wA
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:15:05 PM

I saw a preview of this.

No no no never no not going to ever happen no.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 03:35:35 AM

So does that mean that this is much heavier on the "Borat" then the trailer lets on?  Cause from all the trailers I have seen, it looks pretty entertaining, with most of the focus seeming to be on the "secret agent" angle.  If it goes full borat, I would prob give it a pass.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:17:44 AM

Yeah, the trailers make it look like a fairly entertaining action-comedy and I was interested in seeing it. Traielrs have been known to lie to us, though, so it wouldn't surprise me.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 05:40:23 AM

I like Borat and Hugo, even The Dictator to a much lesser degree, but this looks so obvious. The jokes in the trailer are so uninspired - a guy is poisoned and the other guy has to suck the poison out of his dick, really? Seems very lazy to me.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:27 PM

This looks both dumb and funny as hell at the same time Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?.

In the end though, it's Sacha Baron Cohen. I'm assuming that is all that is needed to be said for whether someone will like it or not

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtclB_02wA

Sacha Baron Cohen? Nope. Not a chance in hell. I hate that guy.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 11:08:28 PM

To be fair, until I saw an ad for it that listed all of Cohen's movies prior to this one, I had no idea it was one of his films.

It looks interesting enough for me to Netflix months down the line, unless I hear something horrid about it.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:25 AM

I could not even bring myself to laugh at a single joke in the trailer.  This is everything people were worried that deadpool might be.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 09:11:53 AM

stupid

Why don't you try our other games?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 10:00:50 AM

To me, this isn't going to be some movie I'll go see in theaters. It's something which I'll enjoy when I'm drunk with some friends and someone will put it on. I think dumb comedies like this are perfect for that situation.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 11:56:29 PM

Looks to be perfect Netflix fodder.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Brothers Grimsby  
Jump to: