Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  (Read 67134 times)
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #175 on: February 25, 2017, 09:11:36 PM

There's currently not enough to hold interest.  A cap of level 50 is what turned me off.  I'll play next update though, I think it's definitely something to keep coming back to and seeing what's new.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: February 26, 2017, 07:17:31 AM

Picked this up, tried it out for about an hour, refunded it due to shockingly poor performance. I can run Witcher 3 at max settings with their special hair tech going and keep a solid 60, yet Conan barely runs at an unstable 20 on minimum settings despite trying a multitude of different fixes.

Oh well, maybe another time.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #177 on: February 28, 2017, 09:16:53 AM

I think that the game is threadbare simply because the devs thought that the PVP would be enough to hide the lack of other content. However, the lack of thought to the game just comes through in the littlest of things. The lack of any diverse fauna, the EQ1 level of NPC AI (and honestly I think EQ's was smarter) and in general the lack of colour or diversity with their art assets makes this thing seem difficult to improve on if this is their first foot forward. As much of a shit show as AO was at launch, it was clear that there was passion and enthusiasm at FunCom to make a deep immersive world. That is entirely lacking here, at near No Man's Sky levels of cynicism.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #178 on: February 28, 2017, 09:43:36 AM

It's awful and it makes me sad to see people buying it on Steam every now and again. Unless you need pvp for some reason, 7 Days to Die is a far better option for this kind of game (haven't played ARK, which most people compare this to).
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: March 14, 2017, 05:45:23 PM

Loged in and there are no pve role playing servers. none. Eu or na none.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: March 15, 2017, 06:23:35 AM

I think that the game is threadbare simply because the devs thought that the PVP would be enough to hide the lack of other content.

It worked for H1Z1  why so serious?
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: March 15, 2017, 06:54:16 PM

Well I longed in again and there were some. Ma-bee 15 to 20. Now I am talking pve role playing servers. Theirs a lot of different kinds of servers in this game.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: April 11, 2017, 06:05:30 PM

So, yeah, Midweek Madness sale so I made Sky sad, but anyway has anyone looked at the "Barbarian" Edition of the game? I honestly don't know if I've ever seen more stuff thrown into any collectors' edition ever.

To quote:

That's a serious load of swag for the extra thirty bucks.
schild
Administrator

Reply #183 on: April 11, 2017, 09:01:10 PM

it's comics, ebooks, and a pretty shitty t-shirt

so not really?
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: April 12, 2017, 09:12:16 AM

so not really?

Well, it's a *lot* of comics, ebooks, and other things besides a shitty t-shirt that will do just as well to cover my nakedness while I'm cleaning out the gutters as any other t-shirt.

I mean, you've got to actually like Conan, comics, RPGs and MMOs to get any value out of all the stuff, but if you do then yeah, it's a lot of stuff.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: April 13, 2017, 07:25:09 AM

so not really?

Well, it's a *lot* of comics, ebooks, and other things besides a shitty t-shirt that will do just as well to cover my nakedness while I'm cleaning out the gutters as any other t-shirt.

I mean, you've got to actually like Conan, comics, RPGs and MMOs to get any value out of all the stuff, but if you do then yeah, it's a lot of stuff.

For me, the PDf of the RPG was worth the $30 alone, the other stuff was just a bonus. I quite enjoyed the comics, for instance and had never read the actual stories before.

On another note, I am really enjoying the hell out of this game but that's because I found some RP servers and roleplayers are great at making their own content. Throw in a modding community that is finally starting to do some interesting stuff and I'm good to go.

Funcom gave me a sandbox and I'm enjoying it. Sure, each patch is a game of Russian Roulette where you get some awesome fixes along with the game potentially breaking in fundamental ways until the hotfix but it's EA and it's fun.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #186 on: April 28, 2018, 12:42:58 PM

Fyi, massive content patch and the game's changed quite a bit. May be worth checking out if you are rooting about for something to play.

https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/weekly-community-newsletter-flying-forward/

Edit: They put in a hotfix today that actually just flat out breaks the game. Oh Funcom! Never change! Of course, I picked today to post about it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:26:43 PM by Engels »

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #187 on: April 28, 2018, 04:27:20 PM

My biggest complain is the 80 concurrent players limit per server. That's too low. It never feels like a living community, it feels like some sort of weird, long death match where it's much harder to do anything against the resident large ruling guild or even simply stay away from them. If a survival game doesn't have at least 200 players per server I don't bother.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: April 28, 2018, 07:40:42 PM

Fyi, massive content patch and the game's changed quite a bit. May be worth checking out if you are rooting about for something to play.

https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/weekly-community-newsletter-flying-forward/

Edit: They put in a hotfix today that actually just flat out breaks the game. Oh Funcom! Never change! Of course, I picked today to post about it.

That's just their current commitment to "focusing exclusively on stability, performance and optimization." They didn't actually say they were *improving* stability, performance and optimization, just focusing on it.

why so serious?

Once they fix it again I'll jump back in. I never played it multiplayer anyway -- it's just a single player build and survive game to me.

Also, I just realized how close it is to official release! The horror, the horror...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #189 on: May 03, 2018, 02:14:53 PM

Google tells me that console editions will not have dick physics.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: May 05, 2018, 06:52:13 PM

Ok cool, I can't believe I longed in to this sight again. Anyway put points into strength and vit. These points make so little difference. You want stone, iron, steel weapons and armor. This matters.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:33 AM

Well, looks like all PVE Conflict servers have been changed into PVP servers...after people had already started playing on them.  GJ Funcom. Facepalm

http://massivelyop.com/2018/05/10/ouch-conan-exiles-players-are-pretty-pissed-off-about-funcoms-pve-conflict-server-switcharoo/

Edit: And just like that PVE Conflict servers are coming back. Ohhhhh, I see.
https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/were-bringing-back-pve-conflict-servers/
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:48:44 AM by Ginaz »
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 10, 2018, 07:33:32 PM

Huh. So the initial flood of players was too much for their servers to handle?

Well damn. No way Funcom could have expected that to happen, was there?

Ohhhhh, I see.
schild
Administrator

Reply #193 on: May 12, 2018, 07:49:12 PM

is there a way to run an f13 only server for Penis Physics: The Conaning>?
schild
Administrator

Reply #194 on: May 12, 2018, 08:00:38 PM

looks like you can

anyone wanna run a dickserver for us?
schild
Administrator

Reply #195 on: May 13, 2018, 10:18:39 AM

don't everyone line up at once or anything
schild
Administrator

Reply #196 on: May 13, 2018, 06:14:35 PM

SOMEONE WITH A BOX MAKE A SERVER FUCK GODDAMN

it's a good game you idiots

it's what age of conan should've been
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: May 13, 2018, 06:51:54 PM

This is legitimately a good game. That is by far the most shocking thing I've said about a game in 5+ years.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #198 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:53 AM

I''ll run a server but only if I can turn off penises. 

Well, I don't have to now... lucky for most of you. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: May 17, 2018, 10:47:08 AM

I''ll run a server but only if I can turn off penises. 

Well, I don't have to now... lucky for most of you. 

Honestly, making yourself some pants is one of the first things you do. Lightweight clothes not only give armor, but actually increase stamina and decrease dehydration -- this is important as you start in a desert.

Now I'm saying that without having yet visited the Dong Country settlement. For all I know it's a mandatory nudest camp up there in the hills.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: May 17, 2018, 07:05:55 PM

I was running a server out of my living room for a while, but half of the players were EQ-level masochists and weren't happy that I'd tuned it to be less soul crushing (faster crafting time and slower item decay).

After that, I found new things to do.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Conan Exiles [NSFW]  
Jump to: