Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:49:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Wyrmwood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wyrmwood  (Read 1018 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: January 14, 2016, 05:26:37 AM

As much as I like the "one movie, one thread" format here, half the threads here get less than a dozen posts. The format works ok for high profile movies coming out in the theaters but more obscure stuff or older movies don't tend to get a lot of discussion, so I think it would be nice to at least have a general thread of "here's some cool shit you can watch for free right now if you have Netflix, Prime, Crackle, or whatever the fuck other services are out there."

However, I'm not going to be the one to break with tradition (yes I know we already have the Marvel/DC/Paramont/Classic MoviesI threads) so I'll just say that I just finished watching Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead on Netflix a little while ago. It's a fun little Australian zombie movie that doesn't take itself too seriously but also doesn't go outright into horror comedy either. Pretty well done for a low budget movie with a first time director and fairly no name cast (Bianca Bradey is pretty awesome despite being chained up and unable to talk for half the movie). You could do a lot worse if you have a couple hours to kill.

Trailer here.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:18:23 AM

This movie is EXACTLY why we have this forum. Most of us want to find out about movies we would otherwise be unaware of. Yes, the blockbusters suck up most of the oxygen but that is just to kill idle time at the office.

I have never played WoW.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:22:44 PM

Fun little flick.

"You want a beer Frank?"
"Whatta you fucking reckon?"

Warms my antipodean heart.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Wyrmwood  
Jump to: