Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:20:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: HAI GUYS! EA lets you play GAMES on ORIGIN!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HAI GUYS! EA lets you play GAMES on ORIGIN!!!!  (Read 7047 times)
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 02:22:29 AM

I think we have gotten used to cheap older games on discount which makes the origin deal bad in comparison. In some ways deep discounts on older games ruined our perception on steam sales as well, the drop in price for new games just doesn't feel as fast as they once did. That's not to say this is a bad deal, you get a lot of gaming for those $5 if you want to play their older games.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 11:23:24 AM

I might consider $1-2 a month an acceptable price on this deal. $5 just seems a waste. Maybe it will become a better deal as they add more stuff but it's just not a good deal right now.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 12:56:35 PM

Agreed. I don't mind paying to rent titles, as I do it with PSPlus on my PS4/Vita which I barely play. But some of those games are good, and there's a promise of new shit every month. Nothing on that EA list made me want to spend a single dollar; I'm not a huge fan of EA's catalog in general.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #38 on: January 25, 2016, 09:01:28 AM

It's FIVE BUCKS. You are getting shooters to play, a sports game, a racing game, some sims crap, RPGs, etc etc...You can't get a #1 at any fast food chain for that. Saying it might be worth 2 or 3 bucks...come on. I just made 5 bucks in the time I posted this at work.

IDK, call me crazy but it seems like value to me.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 25, 2016, 02:53:06 PM

Yeah, as someone who previously subbed to MMOs for $15/month, $5/month is not something I feel I can whine about.  You get more games for less money AND you don't have to pay the box price upfront.
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 03:12:49 PM

or just don't give EA money, the price doesn't matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 03:46:23 PM

But... if I don't give them my money, how will they continue to buy-up and dismantle all the mediocre game companies I've come to know and feel ambivalent about over the years?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 02:34:04 AM

Seems there's no annual sub for this. On the XBone version, that drops the price down significantly, and I'd assumed that it did the same on Origin, because, you know, they own Origin and don't have to pay someone else like MS a share. I have to say that I actually wouldn't be up for $60 a year for the stuff in the vault. Not unless there were at least 3-4 games I wanted to play and didn't see myself wanting to play again after I finished. I still think expecting the latest FIFA, etc to be on it is silly, and I'd agree that Haemish is probably a lot tighter than I am, but finding out that there's no half-price annual sub to this makes me shake my head and cross the floor to join Hae and the other party on the value-for-me point.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: HAI GUYS! EA lets you play GAMES on ORIGIN!!!!  
Jump to: