Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stephen King's 11/22/63 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stephen King's 11/22/63  (Read 1442 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

on: January 11, 2016, 02:40:13 PM

Official trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXUx__qQGew

Debuts on February 15th, 2016.

Synopsis:
Hulu Original series 11.22.63 is a thriller in which high school English teacher Jake Epping (James Franco) travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy — but his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, falling in love and the past itself, which doesn’t want to be changed. Also starring Chris Cooper, Josh Duhamel, T.R. Knight, Cherry Jones, Sarah Gadon, Lucy Fry, George MacKay and Daniel Webber. The eight-part event series based upon the New York Times best-selling 2011 novel written by Stephen King premieres Presidents Day, Feb. 15, 2016, on Hulu. J.J. Abrams, Stephen King, Bridget Carpenter and Bryan Burk serve as executive producers. Academy Award®-winning Director Kevin Macdonald (Last King of Scotland, State of Play, Black Sea) directs and executive produces the first two hours.

I loved the book, definitely in my personal King's Top 10 (or even better; it's arguably his best ending too, if you're in for a certain "kind" of ending), and that means I'm ready to be disappointed  Ohhhhh, I see.

For those of you who read the book, the trailer already highlights some changes, although

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:27 PM

I actually liked this shorter teaser that was playing as a youtube ad precisely because it reveals less.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:46:59 PM

Omg fangas.

Agree, one of his best books.  And jj abrams?  Touchdown!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:43:38 PM

Brief behind the scenes video with some new scenes here and there and comments from King, Abrams, and a few actors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lquUD2hR7h8

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 03:49:31 PM

Looks like the 1st episode is already available on Hulu or, alternatively, "out there"  why so serious?

Listed runtime for the pilot is 1h21m.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 04:44:38 AM

So, I watched the first two episodes.

As a book reader (and, as I said, as someone who really enjoyed it), so far so good; I think it's well done, and it looks more like a production you might see on cable TV.

Now, it's hard of course to put myself in the shoes of those who approach the story for the first time; I guess it definitely feels rushed no matter what and, while the premise it's pretty, well, "imaginative" and requires quite a suspension of disbelief, when you get past that you're more interested in how the main character behaves in the past and what happens to him (just like in the book, in other words). And yes, give it or take, it's yet another look at the mythical 50s in the US of A. Not exactly something unexplored in movies or television  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

James Franco is average, but IMO the other actors are doing a very good job, so far (josh duhamel is GREAT in the second episode).
---

As a book reader.... (yep, book spoilers)

Anyway, if you think this might turn into a travesty like "Under the dome" (especially if you read and liked the book)...nope, this is a nice adaptation.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stephen King's 11/22/63  
Jump to: