Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5  (Read 119491 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: March 06, 2016, 11:12:15 AM

Full Invoker.  Set dungeon down.  Monsters so Melt.  Wow.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #246 on: March 06, 2016, 11:52:08 AM

Nice. Grats.

Anyone been noticing the battle.net servers doing a 1-3 second freeze the last week or so?  I'm almost to GR45 with no set pieces but the pauses are killing my ability to beat the timer. I'm wondering if it's just me and the machines ability to handle so many blessed shields on the screen.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #247 on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:12 AM

I have had more than a couple of connection/latency issues the past few days.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: March 07, 2016, 12:23:02 PM

Level 70 rift in 7 minutes ?

What the fuck.....

WayAbvPar

Reply #249 on: March 07, 2016, 01:42:27 PM

If you don't have to solo it, I can run you through one in maybe 5. Although you are probably on a different server cluster segregated away from the filthy Americans.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:43 PM

Yes.

Heartbreak

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: March 07, 2016, 07:55:15 PM

I just need to get one more season Conquest done.  So pissed.  Last night was in a bounty farming group, asked nicely if someone could let me know if they found a Gilded Baron so I could port to them for the Gold collection Conquest, and within 3 minutes of everyone  running off to do their split bounties, some asshole murders two of them literally the instant he finds them :/  Didnt see another one in the remaining 2 hours i played that night.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: March 08, 2016, 07:42:28 AM

Melting Shit

I'm actually quite scared how quickly my guy went from 'pootering about t2/3' to 'Melting shit in TX.'

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #253 on: March 08, 2016, 07:51:26 AM

I still haven't managed to master a set dungeon. I've got all the sets for my DH, and I've come within 2 mobs on Marauder, but can't seem to get them all in time.

Really annoying.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: March 09, 2016, 03:07:13 AM

The wife has that Impale set for the DH and she's tried the Set Dungeon.  Unsurprisingly, despite seeming easy on paper, it's a bunch of utter bullshit.  I've even tried for her (her theory was I was 'better at this').

Nope.  Still bullshit with a strong male hand too.

I think these Set Dungeons are universally fucking awful.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: March 09, 2016, 03:29:45 AM

The wife has that Impale set for the DH and she's tried the Set Dungeon.  Unsurprisingly, despite seeming easy on paper, it's a bunch of utter bullshit.  I've even tried for her (her theory was I was 'better at this').

Nope.  Still bullshit with a strong male hand too.

I think these Set Dungeons are universally fucking awful.

Eh, Im at 3 of 4 set dungeons with my witchdoctor.  The Zuni, Harvester and Arachyr ones were stupid easy after you do a few trial runs through to figure out what needs to be done.  I think it took me about 5 tries a piece for those 3, mostly just learning the layout of the dungeon, and figuring out where important things were.  Most of them seem to be easier also if you run without a follower and  watch your side equipment bonuses.  Having the Fetish belt is a bad idea for Harvester  / Arachyr for example, as the fetishes murder the mobs before you can get credit for them.

The Helltooth set on the other hand  is a royal bitch.  I am going to say that unless i got stupid lucky I am never going to get that one done without getting a Maras Kaleidoscope for the Poison damage Immunity, which is straight up bullshit.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: March 09, 2016, 03:33:37 AM

Nope, I'm going to totally discount that when you said 'Harvester is Easy.'

I do not find it so.  Invoker was 'easy'.  Harvester, not so much. 

However, easy/hard/impossible is all utterly beyond the point ;  the point is these things are fucking useless unrewarding nonsense stuck in for no reason I can fathom beyond, I dunno, peen waving.  So I'm gonna stick with 'Universally Awful' until they actually have a point in doing them.

Beyond Mr Sticky, I mean.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: March 09, 2016, 04:17:51 AM

Not sure what you found extremely difficult about harvester.  Make sure you have no pets / folllowers that could kill mobs.   Get the basic Harvester required non set gear (ring of emptiness, Quetz hat, Dagger that stacks Harvest to 10, vile hive).  For extra SUPER easy mode, equip the belt that adds a haunt, cube the staff that auto casts Swarm, and pick the 2 haunts haunt rune.  Put Piranado on your bar somewhere, and spec into the talent that reduces cooldown every time something dies.  Then you just run from one large group of leaches to the next, group em together with Piranado, spam a few haunts, harvest and move on.   The only tricky part of that Mastery was getting the final kill count after you met the other requirements, but usually just Nuking down the snakes with Haunts was enough to ensure you didnt have to backtrack too much to round up the last few stragglers.

Also, they do have a point, at least cosmetically, as completing the set of 4 for a Class (either basic or full mastery) gets you  a class specific Pennant your can run around with to show off your "skillz".  And completing all 4 for every class gets you a set of wings.  Other then that, they are about as pointless as every other achievement in the game.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:20:47 AM by SurfD »

WayAbvPar

Reply #258 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:01 AM

I still haven't managed to master a set dungeon. I've got all the sets for my DH, and I've come within 2 mobs on Marauder, but can't seem to get them all in time.

Really annoying.

Marauder is trivial if you bring a friend who can kill shit quickly. Just set up your turrets at the entrance, send the friend ahead to spring the rockworms and kill anything in the way, then help them mop up at the end.

Finally found another Blade of the Tribes (I cubed the first one I found weeks ago since it had terrible stats). I have re-rolled it 6 or 7 times, but can't get an ancient yet. Decided to try it out anyway, despite it being significantly inferior to my current ancient 2 handed sword on paper. I fucking melt shit with it. Jumped from barely squeaking by GR 58 to waltzing through GR 61 (picking up the season journey goal in the process). If I can either find or roll an ancient, it will be goddamned ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:49:47 AM by WayAbvPar »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: March 09, 2016, 09:48:53 AM

Also, they do have a point, at least cosmetically, as completing the set of 4 for a Class (either basic or full mastery) gets you  a class specific Pennant your can run around with to show off your "skillz".  And completing all 4 for every class gets you a set of wings.  Other then that, they are about as pointless as every other achievement in the game.

I know.  I mentioned peen waving.   why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #260 on: March 09, 2016, 01:33:36 PM

I am doing them for the conquest checkbox so I can get a goddamned stash tab.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: March 09, 2016, 09:45:27 PM

Gold Collection one is probably one of the easiest, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, provided you can get a friendly hand in a TX bounty split farming run who doesnt instagib the Gilded Baron when they find one.   Thats how i got mine.  Joined a split farming group, had 4 pieces of gear with good gold find on them (Sunkeeper 80ish %, a GoldSkin 100%, the Crown that doubles the effect of gems with a gold find gem in it, and a squirts necklace with 70%ish) in my bag, and just swapped to it as soon as portaled into wherever the guy was.  Jut kept bounty farming and asking for people to call out and not kill a Gilded Baron if they found one.  When I finally got one (had a couple bum runs where people blew the goblin up before I could even react), I think I cleared that conquest requirement by almost tripple the required gold amount.  Might have taken me about 2 hours tops.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: March 10, 2016, 12:58:59 AM

q

Also valid. But a bullshit requirement.   why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #263 on: March 10, 2016, 08:48:20 AM

Stash tab takes 2 conquests. I already got Avarice. Might take a stab at GR 45 sans sets, but my non-green equipment is a grab bag of dogshit for the most part.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #264 on: March 10, 2016, 10:13:15 AM

I've been working on GR45 for about two weeks now. Still haven't gotten to it, I'm hitting a wall at GR35 that I can't surmount without the right drops. A Hack would be lovely but I can't seem to fucking create one.

WayAbvPar

Reply #265 on: March 10, 2016, 10:43:52 AM

I probably shouldn't mention that I have sharded 5 or 6 of them then...

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #266 on: March 10, 2016, 10:48:30 AM

Sonofabitch.

It's the goddamn S4 daibo for my monk all over again.

WayAbvPar

Reply #267 on: March 10, 2016, 10:49:40 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I promise to hand over any drops if we play together again

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: March 10, 2016, 11:45:38 PM

What class do you play that you are having trouble with the GR45 no set requirement?   I did it on a witchdoctor, and while I scraped by with about 1 minute to spare, I still got it done relatively easily with a Slam Dance Fetish Army spam pet build. Of course, I probably got relatively lucky in that I did get a decent Starmetal while converting rares to legendaries in the hunt for a better dagger for my harvester set.   Basically  just threw on Starmetal + Tasker + Carneval + Fetish Belt +  the Tall / Short fingers and a cubed Jerams, then threw every single pet skill on my bar and ran through the dungeon spamming Slam Dance and Fetish army.  Though I  imagine  it would have been pretty much impossible without the starmetal.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #269 on: March 11, 2016, 02:34:30 AM

Crusader.  I don't die I just can't kill shit fast enough to complete the rift in time.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: March 12, 2016, 11:38:06 PM

Crusader.  I don't die I just can't kill shit fast enough to complete the rift in time.
It says how long I've been away that I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

OTOH, given my complaint with my Crusader way back when was "Takes forever to kill crap" maybe things haven't changed that much.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: March 13, 2016, 12:43:02 AM

Merusk is right.  I've noticed now that despite me being pretty much unkillable even in T10, these speed challenges are just NOT gonna happen.  It's so slow killing stuff.

In other SHIT news, I just went to play my Wizard again ;  not content with fucking up my last fun Wizard build and not letting me explode things with Timebomb, Blizzard have now nerfed DalRasha builds by changing the Slow Time Effect.

Why is it that Blizzard will give you a fun Wizard build then take it away ?  I can't recall them doing that to any of my other chars.

I am sad.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #272 on: March 13, 2016, 01:14:42 AM

Got a Hack this morning. Night and day difference in the ability to do rifts without set gear. I went from struggling to do a 33 rift in time to easily beating a 45. In fact, the Hack is so awesome I just decided to do away with the Pig Sticker. Who cares if it gets .3 more attacks a second. Hack gives me another 97% of my thorns as damage. I'm cruising through the level 57 rifts I was up against the timer with before.

The dependence on a single piece of gear to make something possible is infuriating at times.

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: March 13, 2016, 09:19:27 AM

I assume the people that care have seen this, but new patch incoming.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20057106/patch-241-ptr-patch-notes-3-8-2016

tl;dr Most class sets getting buffed, rather a lot. Also, Guilded Barons will drop less gold, maybe enough that you can't get the Conquest.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #274 on: March 13, 2016, 09:42:23 AM

This doesn't coincide with the end of the season, does it? Just got My 60 rift today and only have the grind to l55 gems left.

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: March 13, 2016, 09:58:42 AM

This doesn't coincide with the end of the season, does it? Just got My 60 rift today and only have the grind to l55 gems left.

Nah, they'll give lots of notice for end of season. Another month at least, maybe two.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: March 13, 2016, 02:45:01 PM

The buffs are pretty crazy.  Assuming they go live even anywhere near where they are now, my Helltooth Garg build will likely go from struggling with GR 68 to cruising through the mid to upper GR 70s.  At the very least.
WayAbvPar

Reply #277 on: March 13, 2016, 06:19:19 PM

I am waiting to do any more set dungeons until the patch. Two I have been struggling with are getting fixed, so that will be nice.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: March 14, 2016, 03:14:53 AM

Yeah, some of those Set Dungeon changes are so nice.  Coupled with the HUUUUUGE amount of buffs there (seriously, what's the deal ?), Set Dungeons should be much, much more easy.

Just a shame about the Wizard.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #279 on: March 14, 2016, 09:49:58 AM

Twisted Sword change is a bit harsh.   While other class builds got buffed to the high heavens, that just has to gut higher rift twister builds.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:03:07 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4 and Season 5  
Jump to: