Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:57:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Project Dream[cast 2] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Project Dream[cast 2]  (Read 2081 times)
schild
Administrator

on: December 22, 2015, 11:54:50 AM

http://www.projectdream.co/

hngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I’m truly excited about the Crowdfunded prospect for SEGA RingEdge Zero/RingWide Elite. […] If we can get just a million backers worldwide, our upcoming KS could be funded in record time and with SEGA licensing it could have it out on the market in less than a year!

[...] SEGA should be unveiling some new Arcade hardware at AOU in February [2016]. We have [Sega of Japan] interns involved. They will present the ideas to SEGA of Japan next Quarter. SEGA will revive its old IPs.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 12:10:30 PM

That page can't be real. Obnoxiously loud noises. From ridiculous loopy video in the background. Covered by text. And with broken links (to Facebook) at the bottom.

Scam?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 12:11:31 PM

And now it's down.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 11:59:13 PM

And now it's down.

It's up now with some countdown. WTF is it? Emulator? Some guys licenced the DC hardware from Sega?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:02:08 AM

I'm not sure if I care, I own a Dreamcast and a VGA box and all the games I liked on it. I guess it'd be nice to have a retron knockoff DC with upscalers/HDMI I guess?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:24:39 AM

Ok, I just looked at the unlocked info thing.  Tell me if I'm reading this correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong):  It's a team of fanboys engineers people who have gotten together so they can form a business proposal for Sega to get back into Hardware.  So, they do the work for them, then Sega gratefully follows this wonderful plan given to them by totally legit objective business advisers.  Leading to ??.  Then profit.

They even got a whole 24K online signatures to support it.  So no way Sega can ignore them now!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:29:38 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:32:31 AM

Sounds about right.

What a retarded idea.  Regardless of if you think Sega leaving the hardware business was a good or bad thing, the idea of them ramping up R&D (no these idiots proposals don't count as R&D) and production for a console that will probably never be successful is ludicrous.  These people have zero business sense and they are probably waiting for the call to come in so they can vocalize their laughter to them.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 07:42:02 PM

:(
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:34 AM

Wow. That's the stupidest thing I've seen in some time.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Project Dream[cast 2]  
Jump to: