Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:31:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hail, Caesar! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hail, Caesar!  (Read 2708 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: October 14, 2015, 07:31:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMqeoW3XRa0

New Coen Bros film.

I'm curious...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:58:55 AM

I'm in.  Looks like my kind of movie.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 12:50:28 PM

Yeah, that looks alright to me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 11:39:33 AM

I will watch this and probably enjoy it despite the writing and directorial staff. Good actors are always attracted to this stuff.

The only difference between Wes Anderson and the Coen Bros these days is a dance routine and people talking slightly louder in the latter's movies. They're both so far up their own ass it's hard to find the entertainment anymore.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 07:18:13 PM

Aye.  I still love Lebowski and Miller's Crossing.  OD'd on Raising AZ, but used to adore it.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 06:52:43 AM

I will watch this and probably enjoy it despite the writing and directorial staff. Good actors are always attracted to this stuff.

The only difference between Wes Anderson and the Coen Bros these days is a dance routine and people talking slightly louder in the latter's movies. They're both so far up their own ass it's hard to find the entertainment anymore.

I think to see where you are coming from, but IMHO Wes Anderson is ahead on this curve of 'directorial self-love' and so his film are much more annoying.

Aside from that it's always nice to see Tilda Swinton (Heart) in something. One plus for the film.

Re plot (not that it matters): If an ageing film star get's kidnapped by someone calling themselves "The future" that would make them TV producers...I guess?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:56:34 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:18 PM

I don't like all of the Coens stuff, but O Brother and Big Lebowski are two of my favorite movies.  This looks like it could make that list as well.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 07:51:10 PM

Trailer 2 is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMUUKtF_BF0

Sublime, even if the punchline was predictable.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 09:09:30 PM

This movie just looks all kinds of fun.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 05:19:24 AM

This movie was a love-note to 1940s Hollywood. It was absurd but not slapsticky the way the trailer made it seem. It never entered into full-on Zany, always skirting the line where it could do so but never went over it.  The trailers did it a huge disservice selling it as something other than it was.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Hail, Caesar!  
Jump to: