Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Rugby World Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 3414 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

on: September 19, 2015, 10:47:58 AM

Fuck Yeah Japan! What an exciting game.

Anyone else watching this?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:44:42 PM

It would appear NBC is showing even less of this than in 2011.  So nope, not watching.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:58:44 PM

If you paid $200 to watch the Universal Sports streams live... you got an outage instead of the USA-Samoa game live.  As an added bonus they posted 'news' headlines on the "can't watch your game" page, the news items mainly consisted of scores from matches you were probably planning watch before you ran into their network outage. 

$200 and they spoil the scores in the first weekend.  It is hard to legally watch the game in the USA, the exclusive rights holders keep managing to shoot themselves in the foot and deny us the ability to watch what we pay for.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:05:36 AM

I went looking for it on Comcast and discovered I'd have to pay $37.99 per game to see it On Demand. Fuck a bunch of that.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:36:06 AM

Are they just pricing it for sports bars and figuring barely any Americans are watching it at home?
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 12:24:09 PM

Sports Bars typically would get Setanta for a few months, if they didn't have it already, and pay something like $5k for the tournament.  So $20 a head cover charge is pretty typical from past tournaments and important internationals.  World Rugby would probably make more money at $8 a match and picking up casual viewers instead of pricing that leads folks to make an event out of it and collectively pay the $40 for on-demand. 

The streaming 'expires' in December so you can't even on-demand it whenever you'd like; but to be honest I paid for the streaming last world cup and never went back to re-watch the matches. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Rugby World Cup  
Jump to: