Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: MGS V is out! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MGS V is out!  (Read 12107 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #70 on: October 03, 2015, 12:43:27 AM

Oh so never mind then.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 12, 2015, 07:32:53 AM

I need more Fuel, lots and lots of Fuel.   Not sure if there's a good way to farm it but if there is I might need to start doing it.  It just seems way rarer than the other materials and they just require a ton of it to upgrade the base.

I've mainly just being doing tons of side ops so at some point I really should get back to the main game  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #72 on: October 12, 2015, 08:44:39 AM

I ran out of fuel frequently early on. Combat Deployments seem to be the easiest way to build it up. Initially I was ignoring missions that rewarded a few thousand in resources in favour of ones that gave a couple hundred k in cash. Then I realized that you can sell those resources for 100 per unit if you get broke.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 12, 2015, 09:06:11 AM

That's a good tip, I haven't sold anything yet but I have loads of extra bio stuff.   Normally I take Fuel combat deployments #1 then go for common metal after that as that seems to be other other one you need tons of.

Also I can't figure out what the 'real time' deployments are good for, they seem to pay off less than than the normal deployments and they eat up a team for 2 days.  I guess if you know you aren't going to be playing at all you might do it?  I tried a few and it just didn't seem worth it.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #74 on: October 14, 2015, 11:23:31 AM

Not really sure what the idea behind them is, but yea, I use them when I know I won't be in front of the console for a few days, since they complete in real time as opposed to played time.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 19, 2015, 10:54:46 AM

So I finally pushed through some of the story missions and made it up to mission 30.  Man, mission 29... that was a good one.  Much different than the rest of the game.

I think that's part of what's really great about this game.  You constantly get new stuff to play with that changes up the core game play just enough to keep it fresh and fun.

There was a part later in the game  that I found really annoying.  Mostly because it was obscure, actually annoying to do, and not fun at all.  I'm not sure what it added to the game or what they intended for you to get out of it.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 25, 2015, 05:45:23 AM

Finished the game. Great experience overall, but the second act of the game was really lackluster. And the ending was just a wet fart. Also, I was surprised how meaningless all the development shit was. Could've condensed it to maybe 10 upgrades.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 10:25:08 AM

Playing this way later than everyone else. One thing that really annoys me about its design that I see in other games like it is that there is no way to tell the difference between a fall that you can do, a fall that will hurt but it's fine and a fall that will instakill you. Essentially the instakill really means "the level designer doesn't want you to go there", which usually makes me say "Then don't goddamn put a railing there that looks just like the railing I hung off and dropped from and successfully got away from guards using".
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: MGS V is out!  
Jump to: