Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: MechWarrior Academy - New Tutorial and training on the test server 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MechWarrior Academy - New Tutorial and training on the test server  (Read 9270 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: August 28, 2015, 01:25:15 AM

This is on the Test Server now and due to hit live on September 22nd, before the Steam launch. Worth noticing that there are some "training challenges" that hint at the work being done on the PvE/bots aspect of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tysTXuTiCzQ
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:20:03 PM by Trippy »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:10:44 AM

Well, that's no fun.  They should let other players be the challenges so that we have a place to gank noobs.

(In seriousness, that looks rather interesting.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:31:51 AM

Stupid nitpicking but I kind of resent them for having that drill instructor's voice coming out crystal clear instead of muffled through a stereotypical radio-effect. It just doesn't sound right in a MechWarrior setting.

A detail I consider super-important instead is the presence of humans for a few seconds in a quick shot when the first 'mech comes out of the dropship. Can't wait to have something human in any form added for flavour and scale.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:28:34 AM by Falconeer »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:36:17 AM

Think of it as being in a simulator with the drill instructor yelling into your ear.  You think they're going to let a noob pilot a 'mech?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 11:38:07 AM

Apparently in the Mech Academy you can try out lots of 'mechs by dynamically swapping into one or another. And with "dynamically" I mean that you (the pilot) actually get out of your 'mech, walk to the new one and climb insde it. It lacks a lot of cool animations but you can see for yourself that for the first time ever in MWO you can walk as a human among various 'mechs feet. Fucking finally!

https://youtu.be/mZZGb6xal4U?t=1328 (at 22:08 if it doesn't go directly there)

EDIT:

Think of it as being in a simulator with the drill instructor yelling into your ear.  You think they're going to let a noob pilot a 'mech?

You can actualy be killed by the Drill Instructor if you shoot him in the 'mech academy. Which is pretty  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:59:18 AM by Falconeer »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 12:36:56 PM

He got a LOT of money in there.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:00:20 AM

Apparently completing the brand new tutorial rewards you with 5 million Cbills.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 10:48:52 AM

How do I get my throttle to act like a throttle again?  I have the "throttle decays" checkbox unchecked, but it's still decaying.  Tried checking it, still decays.  Tried unchecking it, still decays.  Tried binding the throttle up to the up mousewheel, decay is so rapid that is useless.

What the fuck?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 11:19:11 AM

Wish I could help you but I have no idea. One would think that you are unchecking the right box. So, bug?

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 11:31:47 AM

Main game is fine, throttle decay is off.

Tutorial trying to turn the throttle decay off doesn't seem to be supported.  D:  gonna go yell at the sky now, back soon

Edit: leaving game and returning has fixed it.  I'm guessing it's because they put you in training wheels mode right off.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:44:52 PM by Typhon »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: MechWarrior Academy - New Tutorial and training on the test server  
Jump to: