Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out  (Read 98413 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 13, 2015, 03:29:56 AM

Cheers for the link. I'm still building the set at the moment but will switch once I have. Right now the build I have is pushing me through T5 but I'm starting to feel it's dps focused limitations a bit.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #106 on: September 13, 2015, 04:45:48 AM

Yeah, I did the same thing.  Didn't switch till I had 5 pieces of the set (and RoRG'd the other piece till I found it) and had most of the legendaries.  My other build was fun, but was also tapping out around T5.

Funny enough, after I posted previously, I got broken promises to drop.  I then fully went all in on this particular build.  Still playing with it, but T9 can be done without dying easily (and can finish Grift 44, the last one before torment 10 equivalent, with about half of the time still left).  T10 may still be tricky though.  However, I still need to level up the boss killing gem though, so that might push me over the edge.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: September 13, 2015, 06:44:53 AM

Without PvP and the seasonal play, class balance means less to me than most other games.

The best thing they could do for the next xpac is release three classes, really diversify the playerbase. With PvP off the table, it no longer matters, really. Especially because there's no true holy trinity needed to advance.
Yeah... I was thinking that they really need to add more classes for me to think about doing another season.  That and something that gives the "regular" characters in my portfolio to do... in this model, I'd start a new character in a season, but still have something to do once he "graduates" to some point at which I usually quit anyway.  Having the rest of my characters available for some sort of additional advancement would help with the all-or-nothing point I'm at.  Chasing ladders might work for some, but I don't think it is a broad enough appeal - certainly not something that will keep a punter like me playing.  [Then again, why would they care?  Not like I'm giving them money everytime I log in - or don't].

Heck, in its current state, I'd give them $30-$50 for an expansion with 3-5 more classes.  I might even give them $10 just to buy a new class... hmmn, wonder if there's anything like this that they could steal from?
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: September 13, 2015, 09:37:59 AM

Whittle.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 13, 2015, 02:01:50 PM

Thanks Blizzard.  Nice balance team ya got there.  I think I'm done with D3 for a while.  This season is all about the WD, Barb, and monk.

It seems to me that every major patch has favorite classes, they just change from time to time (whether talking about WoW or D3).

So play a WD, Barb or Monk - it's fun!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: September 14, 2015, 01:34:40 AM

Monks are just super, super fun at the minute.  My wee season 4 chap hit 70 and got some nice gear, so he's exploding everyone on screen every 2 seconds.  His DPS ain't that great, but it really, really doesn't seem to matter...

Pew.  And, in fact, Pew.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: September 14, 2015, 04:33:44 AM

he's exploding everyone on screen every 2 seconds.

... As opposed to MMO's and even single player games (Skyrim) where it takes effort and coordination to bring down a single dragon, and you die multiple times in the process.

I'm thinking someone should bring this system of "increase the difficulty to whatever torment level you feel comfortable with, but there are loot rewards at all difficulty levels" to the MMO PVE raiding scene.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #112 on: September 14, 2015, 08:59:12 AM

I don't recall needing to coordinate taking down dragons in Skyrim past the first. They got pretty damn easy pretty damn quick, so much so you needed a mod to make them challenging.

That last bit is already there. Only part lacking is the ability to scale it back to an individual or duo encounter instead of 10 folks minimum.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #113 on: September 14, 2015, 12:26:18 PM

I'm enjoying the wizard. I'm sure I won't be melting faces at GR XXX but I wasn't in the last season either. I was a T4 crusader that did like GR 20.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: September 14, 2015, 12:33:21 PM

I'm enjoying the wizard. I'm sure I won't be melting faces at GR XXX but I wasn't in the last season either. I was a T4 crusader that did like GR 20.

If you keep tweaking your build and gear you'll be able to do torment 8 GR's (40 or so) easily.  That's where the loot sweet spot is, so it all works out.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #115 on: September 14, 2015, 12:41:38 PM

The problem with some of the builds is that they often tend to playstyles I find really unfun, so I get to certain point with a build I like, then say fuck it and move on to the next season.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: September 14, 2015, 12:59:37 PM

Something I found helpful with my Wiz was to use my Templar follower.  I'd get a relic that would prevent him from dying and give him a unity ring.  Then I'd cube another unity ring and put it on myself.  It mitigates a LOT of damage in GR's and helps you solo with low survivability builds. 

Hope that helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: September 14, 2015, 04:24:22 PM

I feel like the "teleport as often as you like!" wand is just critical for anything you might be doing with the wiz.  Because it's so much fun, that's why.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 14, 2015, 07:04:23 PM

Something I found helpful with my Wiz was to use my Templar follower.  I'd get a relic that would prevent him from dying and give him a unity ring.  Then I'd cube another unity ring and put it on myself.  It mitigates a LOT of damage in GR's and helps you solo with low survivability builds. 

Hope that helps.

I thought that was the "standard" way to solo high torment / gr levels pretty much since they introduced the Unity + Follower Relic combo.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 14, 2015, 07:46:05 PM

I thought that was the "standard" way to solo high torment / gr levels pretty much since they introduced the Unity + Follower Relic combo.

It is.  I just thought it helpful to reiterate it to those that may be unfamiliar.

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 15, 2015, 04:37:18 AM

I find it fascinating that they took away the timebomb wizard build ages ago and now its back with the monk.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #121 on: September 15, 2015, 05:40:49 AM

I'm really digging the Season Journey stuff.

It's like a quest list for D3!

I think I may almost be done though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #122 on: September 15, 2015, 07:28:49 AM

I find it fascinating that they took away the timebomb wizard build ages ago and now its back with the monk.

This sounds like what I'm accidentally doing after dusting off my monk yesterday.  She was so crusty that the loot I found in the first five minutes was very obviously "version 2" over what she was using prior, and naturally I didn't remember how to play her.  I figured out that EP was good for what ails me, coupled with something to hasten the explosion.  Currently I'm using a large bell and seven feet kicks or whatever it's called.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: September 15, 2015, 10:06:35 PM

Yep.  Exploding palm is just so much fun.  I got a crappy version of the fist weapon with the "Exploding palm does 100% more damage" affix which I pulled off with the cube and the bracers that spread to nearby mobs when one of them explodes.  Now i just try to get into groups with a wizard with the gravity well attack and watch entire rooms full of stuff just explode.   Doubly loving it on the levels with those goddamned fallen shaman, since they cant resurrect exploded buddies.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: September 16, 2015, 12:48:43 AM

My point was also ' Enjoy it while you can'. I suspect they'll cap it shortly or something.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 16, 2015, 04:54:39 AM

My point was also ' Enjoy it while you can'. I suspect they'll cap it shortly or something.
Why would they do that?  Diablo is literally built around the idea of creating broken synergies to output obscene numbers and make pixel demons explode as gruesomely and grandiosly as possible.  Besides, you arent going to be putting out stupid numbers untill you have farmed your ass off for a nearly perfect set of sets / assorted gear.  And if they did that, they would also have to nerf several builds for half the other classes in the game as well.   Like the pet-doctors running around with fetish armies shooting poison darts who can literally melt torment 9 rift guardians in a matter of seconds.  Or  the barbarians who just spam whirlwind non stop and cause everything around them to die before they even get to it with tornados of doom.

Nerfing it would be pointless.  Adding more torment levels like they recently did so you have a worthy challenge to pit your bigass numbers against is the right way to go.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: September 16, 2015, 05:43:49 AM

They did it with Timebomb, being my point.  I loved Timebomb.  I was having a bomb with Timebomb.

QED.

Blizzard are cunts, is what I'm saying.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #127 on: September 16, 2015, 07:01:25 AM

Enjoy everything while you can.  A worthwhile philosophy.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:03:57 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: September 16, 2015, 07:06:06 AM

Quite.

(also, bring back timebomb.)

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:00 AM

Ok, I'm fed up.  Anyone got any fun Wizard builds ?

Sure, I can level to 70 in five minutes and melt everything with Disintigrate, but it ain't fun.  Monk is fun, WD is fun, Barb is Fun, even the Crusader is fun.

Help me find the fun with my damn Wizard.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #130 on: September 18, 2015, 10:36:50 AM

Sure, I can level to 70 in five minutes and melt everything with Disintigrate, but it ain't fun.  Monk is fun, WD is fun, Barb is Fun, even the Crusader is fun.

I like my archon build. I'm missing two of the key items, but flicking on archon and fucking shit up is fun.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/56530-2-3-basic-archon-build

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: September 18, 2015, 11:46:32 AM

If you don't like Disintegrate, you won't like my build, but here's what I've got going so far on my Seasonal.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #132 on: September 18, 2015, 01:33:12 PM

I understand this is probably no help at all, but I was playing a 4 man torment 9 or 10, and there was this wizard running way out in front, melting god damn everything in our path.  What ever the build was, it was based around the meteor skill that drops a shit ton of the little fuckers all around.  I just ran around in the middle of an endless stream of fiery explosions.  It looked pretty fun.

So, uh, I guess find that one maybe?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: September 18, 2015, 01:46:19 PM

That's a strange co-incidence, because I just saw that one on youtube and it looked like the very thing.

I shall try it oot.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: September 19, 2015, 06:48:15 AM

WHYYYY CAN'T I LEVEL THROUGH ADVENTURE MODE.

God story mode is so boring and uninteresting, and I can't even increase the difficulty for whatever reason.

Edit:

Ignore me, I"m an idiot and was looking in the wrong spot for these, horray.  It's been a long time since i last played.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:07:34 AM by KallDrexx »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 19, 2015, 08:20:47 AM

lol.

You can use Adventure Mode to get to 70 in about 45 minutes.  Sockets are your friend.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 19, 2015, 09:09:20 AM

lol.

You can use Adventure Mode to get to 70 in about 45 minutes.  Sockets are your friend.

Yeah I remember adventure mode being great for leveling (and much less boring than story mode), I just couldn't find the option :-/
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 19, 2015, 10:12:56 AM

Friend convinced me to do hardcore with him.  He gets on and powerlevels me to 70 in like 20 minutes (him doing T6 rifts, me standing with my thumb up my ass).

I get to 70 and they go in another area, I decide to look at skills while in getting xp, teleport ot my friend without asking if it's safe and insta die.

Good introduction to hardcore lol
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: September 20, 2015, 07:48:47 AM

Hmm they changed the chart I linked to a thumbnail, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:27:18 AM by ajax34i »
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: September 20, 2015, 07:57:14 AM

In general you don't want to be teleporting to people without asking in Hardcore.  It takes a second to load in, but you character shows up in the game world before the screen loads sometimes, so you end up dead before you can even do anything.

Anyway, welcome to Hardcore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out  
Jump to: