Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out  (Read 98483 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #70 on: September 10, 2015, 07:03:43 AM

What in the fuck are you people putting in that stash? Are you saving every damn legendary you got ever?

I'd put in a screenshot of my Path of Exile stash if I could, but I can't because it would be a confusing mass of images and a real pain in the ass to assemble.

The thing is, your character is basically your stash.  This is especially true now that D3 has seasons (and disposable characters), which are simpler forms of PoE's leagues (also disposable characters).  Grinding Gear realized this and have made money from me selling stash space.  Also a few cosmetics.  But mostly stash space.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #71 on: September 10, 2015, 07:50:27 AM

Just hit GR50 on my monk and can attest that it's stupid strong.

The scale for damage is crazy for exploding Palm. Do the cold one -6k%. Double it with a legendary fist. Run SSS kit that detonates your exploding Palm when you cast. Stack +cold damage. Focus and restraint because you are naturally procing both for another 100% base.

It's nuts. Detonates for 500mil-2bil.

But why monk is running up is like what nebu said. Damage reduction.

You get 30% from being melee. 50% from desert shroud. 40% from cubed bracers. And I just set unity with an undying follower for another 50%. Then you add in 80% dodge. It's nuts.

Plus mobility.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:07 AM

What in the fuck are you people putting in that stash? Are you saving every damn legendary you got ever?

I keep all the legendaries that have powers I haven't cubed yet.  Between that, gems, mats, and sets for 4 toons... well... it takes up space.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 10, 2015, 12:27:37 PM

I felt like a total useless sponge the first time I ran into a whirlwind barbarian in T7 who destroyed everything at high speed (literally, I couldn't even move fast enough to keep up)

Holy shotgun on the crusader capped out in the low-mid GR30s.  Rolands got me to 40 with difficulty, but I wasn't in the set long enough to optimize it.  Last night I got the pieces for the blessed hammer set, and now I feel like the barbarian--critting for 3 billion, and most of the pieces aren't good rolls and the gems I've changed to are still at shitty levels.  It actually makes me like the stupid blessed hammer skill; I've always hated it. 

Now I need a second Unity to cube, and for a goddamn Furnace to drop.  I cannot get one for some reason.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 10, 2015, 01:35:51 PM

My stash has:

1.  Gems, legendary gems, mats, infernal machines, potions.
2.  Full of legendary weapons that I haven't put in the cube yet and also want to keep for transmogrifying my weapon to look like that.
3.  Full of legendary armor pieces that I haven't cubed yet and ... ditto as above.
4.  Full of monk armor sets and set pieces.
5.  Full of duplicate legendaries that I can reprocess for mats.  I periodically destroy 10-15 at a time to make room for more.

I only have one high level character, the monk, and everything in the stash is rolled-for-monk (dex stat).  I have created 3 mule alts to expand my storage capacity, and they're currently holding non-70 lower level gear that I thought was good (L70 high damage weapons with reduced level requirements).  Mule alts are also so I can roll int or str instead of dex with the mystic transmog option.  Item drops, Kadala rolls, and cube upgrades are affected by what's in your stash already, and I have NOT tested to see if they're affected by what the mules carry (I mean, if I move my Natalya set to a mule, and then I go hunting with the monk, I wonder if the game will think I don't have any Natalya pieces).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: September 10, 2015, 01:50:29 PM

Now I need a second Unity to cube, and for a goddamn Furnace to drop.  I cannot get one for some reason.

Furnace is the bane of my existence.  Haven't seen one yet.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 10, 2015, 01:50:52 PM

Transmogs register with the mystic as soon as you get them and "discover" them. They also carried over to my non-season mystic at the end of S3.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:48 PM

EDIT:  I guess you're right.  The sword I thought I no longer had a transmog for did appear as an option when I equipped a sword, rather than a daibo.  Got confused by the fact that staves, daibos, and axes are apparently the same category, but like 1h swords and dagger/knives are not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:07:38 PM by ajax34i »
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 10, 2015, 04:10:58 PM

Is there a T4 wall?  Because I think I'm hitting it.  Are there some set pieces that only drop at T5+ or something like that, or has the RNG unfriended me?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #79 on: September 11, 2015, 03:14:42 AM

RNG.  Obviously you need to increase your sacrifices to Nuffle.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 11, 2015, 04:16:24 AM

Anyone got a decent starter monk build for a fresh 70?   Got a friend to power me to 70 on a seasonal monk, and just realised that since i havent played a monk since like, before season 1 started, I have absolutely no fucking idea what I am doing.   Should have gone with a WD or DH.....

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 11, 2015, 07:10:19 AM

At 70 it's gear-dependent.  You can increase difficulty whenever you get "good" monk gear, and it's likely that you'll get random legendary weapons and random legendary armor pieces before you're able to put together one of the monk armor sets.

For me, I had Schaefer's Hammer drop right away, and there isn't anything special about it other than a bonus to lightning damage, so I switched all my skills to the lightning runes.  I coupled that pretty fast with Blackthorne's armor set which is a very common drop, gives you vitality and immunity to the most common boss ground effects, so you can just stand in them when you're walled-in and not worry about dying.  I also happened to have a level 39 Broken Promises ring, which means I avoided gear with +crit chance, and maximized +crit damage by slotting a green gem into my weapon.

Once you get a Ring of Royal Grandeur, you'll want to switch to armor sets (green), because the ring lets you combine a few for their bonuses.  My current set is Inna's, which gives me all 4 mantras (buffs) while letting me set all my 6 attacks to actual attacks.  Also enhances Mystic Ally (the pet), which is further enhanced by Crudest Boots.  So I'm running around with 2 pets + the Templar follower, and they each cast the big Monk damage attacks whenever I do (and believe me, I spam the hell out of the attacks). All of these attacks are further enhanced by a few pieces of the Sunwuko set. So crowds of monsters get caught in triple 7-strike, tail kicks, cyclones, etc.  It's all about focusing all your gear to enhance the one or two attacks you use the most.

As an alternate example, Rainment of a Thousand Storms enhances the Dashing Strike ability, and if you combine it with off-pieces that give you spirit regeneration to the point where you can keep the Dashing Strike going forever, you end up just running through monsters and they just die in troves because of it.

Bottom line, the abilities you use depend on your gear, the gear pretty much gives you a list of what abilities to use.  Typically you want the big damage abilities that can do 3,000-6,000% weapon damage, the armor set that enhances that ability, and whatever secondary gear that can let you spam that ability or keep it going forever.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:40:47 AM by ajax34i »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 11, 2015, 11:27:58 AM

Or conversely, I had the same question, and found this build:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/39773-starter-monk-build

The video half way down the page explains how to use it.  With just yellows, you can melt Torment 1, and I didn't have a problem going higher.  With a set of totally random shit legendarys, was doing torment 4/5 easily.  Its a great starter build, no legendarys needed (and it ramps up fast with just a few).

I played that for awhile till I farmed all the stuff for my 7 sided strike build, and now I'm doing torment 9/10 (still need one or two special legendary pieces for defense to cap me off in torment 10 I think).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 11, 2015, 12:02:59 PM

Actually you're better off:

1. Crafting Sage set.
2. Killing as many champion packs in T6 Rifts as you can
3. Death Breaths
4. Cube Rare+DBs => Legendary/Set pieces for whatever slot you need.

I got half my set pieces that way.

and Nebu said
Step 1. Craft Cain's

Step 2. Wear Cains with an int gem in the helm.

Step 3. Run Rifts with a group

Step 4. PROFIT!

I found an RoRG this morning so crafted both, just to see - although the T6 rift thing, I don't know that I can kill champion packs there on my WD. A friend just pulled me through a T7 rift and I had to stay far away from anything.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 11, 2015, 12:45:30 PM

RNG.  Obviously you need to increase your sacrifices to Nuffle.
Dang, I was afraid of that.

Anyone else wonder how the Cube Quality-of-Life team got their design approved? 

"Hey, remember how we changed everything so that you don't have to carry the materials with you to use a crafting station?
Yeah.
Well, I have this really cool idea: what if you have to carry all the materials with you to use just the Cube?  Won't folks thinks this is really cool?
Good idea Johnson, we've heard some fans are clammering for more interaction with their inventories."
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #85 on: September 11, 2015, 12:50:38 PM

Yeah, pretty much what you said.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 11, 2015, 01:33:17 PM

Probably the same fucking dipshit that said 'Hey, you know how it currently remembers your crafting settings ?  What if that reset every fucking time you zoned ?'

Assholes.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 11, 2015, 01:52:22 PM

I think the idea with the cube is that you don't know all the recipes, if they gave you a drop-down (and you didn't need to load it with materials), you would know all the recipes ...

I'm not sure why I'm trying to justify this/get in the designers' heads because it pissed me off as well.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #88 on: September 11, 2015, 01:56:40 PM

They'll figure this out and eventually make it so you don't have to put mats in there.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 11, 2015, 01:57:36 PM

They're trying to let you re-live the days of the Horadric Cube.  Where's your sense of nostalgia dammit!

-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 11, 2015, 01:58:46 PM

That was fine because you could fucking carry the cube about with you.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 11, 2015, 03:36:19 PM

Just have the dropdown auto-fill  the cube with crafting mats, while still letting you manually load arbitrary items. Where's my designer job, Blizzard?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 11, 2015, 05:20:49 PM

This is the best patch for D3 yet, I think. I'm loving it. Barb and WD this season, both a lot of fun.

I'm a little bit confused, and want to understand this. Bounties are for DBs and crafting mats. Rifts are for DBs and Grift keys. Grifts are for gear. Is this correct?

Also, running in groups increases magic find and exp/gold bonuses? So joining a public game for these things is better than soloing, in terms of stats (if one can handle public groups)?

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 11, 2015, 07:43:12 PM

This is the best patch for D3 yet, I think. I'm loving it. Barb and WD this season, both a lot of fun.

I'm a little bit confused, and want to understand this. Bounties are for DBs and crafting mats. Rifts are for DBs and Grift keys. Grifts are for gear. Is this correct?

Also, running in groups increases magic find and exp/gold bonuses? So joining a public game for these things is better than soloing, in terms of stats (if one can handle public groups)?

The main reason for grifts (other than the leaderboard stuff) is to level Legendary Gems.  Drop rates do scale with the higher grifts, but that has been mitigated some with the introduction of T7-10.  I still prefer to run regular rifts for gear because you have a chance for a legendary with every mob and not just the RG and you're also getting DBs along the way.  Which as was mentioned above is a great new way to get the gear you want.

most often known as Drevik
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 12, 2015, 08:29:27 AM

Bounties are for cash and crafting mats, rifts are for grift keys, grifts are for gems.

You can get gear everywhere:  the "at least 1 legendary per hour" thing still holds, mats can change a yellow into a legendary, there are white, yellow, and cursed chests everywhere, Kadala has a good chance to give legendaries for blood shards (bounties give shards too, btw).  Despite blitzing bounties on the easiest setting possible for mats so I can cube all the legendaries I've accumulated, my damn stash is still full; I seem to be getting more legendaries per hour than I'm disintegrating with the cube (and, again, I'm blitzing for act mats specifically on the easiest setting with the smallest loot chance multipliers).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 12, 2015, 12:09:22 PM

So... played my wiz a bunch.  Farmed up a complete set and crafted some things.  Farmed some more.  Got my gear to the point I could solo torment 8 comforatbly.  This took a couple of weeks.  

Rolled a Witch Doctor.  Got PL'ed to 70 and picked up random legendaries and whatever dropped in the first hour.  Already better than my wizard.  

Thanks Blizzard.  Nice balance team ya got there.  I think I'm done with D3 for a while.  This season is all about the WD, Barb, and monk.

-  Mark Twain
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: September 12, 2015, 04:07:24 PM

Same experience here - started with a wiz, finally got the archon set running (which is a lot of fun to play), felt like I wasn't going to be able to get it past torment 8-9 (GR 35-40?) without a lot of tuning effort.  So I gave the WD a try.  The pet and chicken builds are decent, finally got the helltooth set together (along with an ancient suwong (sp?) staff) and I'm pretty much breezing through torment 10.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 12, 2015, 06:49:23 PM

I don't know what they were thinking with the Helltooth set.  You do crazy damage AND you're tanky as hell.  It's like they want people to not play DH and Wiz. 

-  Mark Twain
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: September 12, 2015, 07:22:16 PM

They were thinking, "We're Blizzard. We don't balance, we over-correct!"

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 12, 2015, 09:01:14 PM

What does balance even mean in a game like Diablo to begin with?  Just enjoy blowing the every living crap out of monsters in hilarious fashion.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #100 on: September 12, 2015, 09:19:21 PM

Without PvP and the seasonal play, class balance means less to me than most other games.

The best thing they could do for the next xpac is release three classes, really diversify the playerbase. With PvP off the table, it no longer matters, really. Especially because there's no true holy trinity needed to advance.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 12, 2015, 09:34:37 PM

Is Crusader just the red headed step child of D3?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 12, 2015, 09:41:18 PM

What does balance even mean in a game like Diablo to begin with?  Just enjoy blowing the every living crap out of monsters in hilarious fashion.

I'd like to play with my friends, but they're doing content too advanced for my wizard or crusader.  They will just carry me most of the time which gets old fast.  It's just not fun knowing that you're not really contributing.

-  Mark Twain
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:01 PM

Armory hasn't updated yet but I just spent some time playing and hit 4 pieces of Uliena's monk set. I added the Lion's Claw bonus to my weapon slot for 14 hits with 7 sided strike. On Torment IV it's a one-button one-shot on the butcher - he just melted.

So far I've got as far as GRift 20 as I've been gearing up since hitting 70 on Friday. I loved my S3 monk and not really theorycrafting this one, I'm in love with it again. It actually makes the pain of S3 worth it (highest solo GRift was 34). I had to change mantras to the resist increases and have been tweaking it all as I go. Wave of light is my spender when my elite killers are down.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Setanta-1696/hero/66499414

(No idea why HP and gear hasn't updated).

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: September 13, 2015, 02:59:46 AM

I have 6 pieces, and have almost completed this build:

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-ulianas-strategem-seven-sided-strike-build-patch-2-3

I'm missing broken promises, which probably would boost my dps a lot, and using crippling wave instead, but that's about it.  Have all the other gear listed there.  Currently doing around GRift 44.  Can do Torment 9 solidly, and while I can get through torment 10 stuff, it takes way to god damn long to widdle bosses down.  Its been a really fun build so far though.

-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out  
Jump to: