Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out  (Read 98482 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 06:20:59 AM

Minor bitch... but I'd forgotten how stupid levels 30-60 were.  61 is a brief peak of iLevel adjustment, and then another bout of stupidity until 70. 

1-30 are great fun learning the class, getting most of the major skills and fully gearing in yellows with a unique weapon.  What are we doing again between 30 and 70?  As far as I can tell, not even S3 portrait enhancements for mini-dings... even the new Season guide thingy doesn't provide any meaningful reward for completing a chapter... and Chapter 2 has a hard req of hitting 60 to complete, so there you go.

I just hit 50, so, yeah, I'm whining about something that will be forgotten in another few sessions (and yes, I know I'm doing it wrong because I'm just soloing or duoing... not being carried in open groups  awesome, for real ).

If I'm reading the patch notes right (I just unlocked chapter 3 myself), the first four chapters of the Season Journey are supposed to be pretty routine. Level up. Gear up. Get your crafters leveled up. Buy something from Kadala. Routine activities, so that anyone who spends time playing can get rewarded.

Then ratchet things up in the later tiers of the SJ.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 06:27:54 AM

I leveled a crusader to 70 the old fashioned way grinding story.  It took me a few days.  Then, I leveled a wizard up with 2 friends by running rifts and it took me about 20 mins.  I was a bit surprised that they made it so easy to PL toons.  I guess there's still plenty of grind after 70 (gear).

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 07:15:11 AM

But there's not much point.  I mean, at this stage the stash IS your character.

As long as you've got one of each class, you may as well run a season and then delete them once you've harvested the stash.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 07:19:10 AM

As long as you've got one of each class, you may as well run a season and then delete them once you've harvested the stash.

I'm still figuring this out.  I have friends that are WAY into this game and I don't get it.  It's a fun little time waster, but the grind is almost too obvious. I found PoE to be much more interesting (from a theory crafting standpoint).

Diablo 3 feels like a slot machine sim.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 07:26:19 AM

I tried to level my second character (wizard) in Adventure mode instead of Story, hard difficulty.  No problems with the kills, just didn't get much in terms of yellow gear; for some reason most of the drops are blue.  I may have to switch to story mode, but for now I went back to my first character (monk) to get the cube and empty out my stash of all the saved legendaries.   Looks like I'll go non-seasonal this season too, try out a Crusader and Witch Doctor.  I'll try the seasonal grind next season.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 07:38:26 AM

I'm still figuring this out.  I have friends that are WAY into this game and I don't get it.  It's a fun little time waster, but the grind is almost too obvious. I found PoE to be much more interesting (from a theory crafting standpoint).

I prefer to play MSH when I want to waste my time.  I like the 'playing' of Diablo, the smashing and blasting and all that stuff, but in terms of being invested in it, it's utterly, utterly pointless.

Whereas, at least in MSH, there are heroes that I don't have yet and when I grind, I'm getting splinters to buy them....

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 03:31:44 PM

Monk gets silly.

Then you see the barbs spinning past you...
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 07:00:11 PM

Attempting to upgrade a yellow item to legendary (with the cube) only costs common mats, and so far, my first 2 attempts have resulted in the missing pieces that I needed to complete various sets.  I needed the monk boots so I upgraded some random yellow boots (got the monk boots on the first try), and I figured I might as well try with a random ring see what happens (and I got the other ring to complete a two-ring set).

If this pattern holds, it will be THE cheapest way to get needed legendary or set items.  Just figure out what piece you need, and upgrade random yellows.  Requires just common mats, no act mats or legendary mats.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 07:34:13 PM

I kind of miss my season 3 barbarian that was crushing Torment 6 within literally 2 days.  Ohhhhh, I see. 

Witch Doctor is fun, but the loot has NOT been flowing for me this season and jumping up in difficulty is all about getting those pieces that let you hit break points.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #44 on: September 04, 2015, 03:39:24 AM

This is my first season char, so don't know if they tweak the rates or anything.  But holy hell Legendaries have been dropping at a greater rate than I've ever seen for me.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 04, 2015, 03:43:27 AM

Not finding very many legendaries myself, but it's a fairly small sample size.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 04, 2015, 05:54:13 AM

Attempting to upgrade a yellow item to legendary (with the cube) only costs common mats, and so far, my first 2 attempts have resulted in the missing pieces that I needed to complete various sets.  I needed the monk boots so I upgraded some random yellow boots (got the monk boots on the first try), and I figured I might as well try with a random ring see what happens (and I got the other ring to complete a two-ring set).

If this pattern holds, it will be THE cheapest way to get needed legendary or set items.  Just figure out what piece you need, and upgrade random yellows.  Requires just common mats, no act mats or legendary mats.

Ohhhhh, I see.

25 Death's Breaths = 25 champion packs @ T6.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 04, 2015, 07:40:56 AM

Not finding very many legendaries myself, but it's a fairly small sample size.

Step 1. Craft Cain's

Step 2. Wear Cains with an int gem in the helm.

Step 3. Run Rifts with a group

Step 4. PROFIT!

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 10:15:45 AM

It's not the process, it's the time.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 04, 2015, 11:18:43 AM

Actually you're better off:

1. Crafting Sage set.
2. Killing as many champion packs in T6 Rifts as you can
3. Death Breaths
4. Cube Rare+DBs => Legendary/Set pieces for whatever slot you need.

I got half my set pieces that way.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 04, 2015, 12:14:45 PM

1. Crafting Sage set.
3. Death Breaths

Is it faster than running rifts/greaters for blood gems to buy gear with?

Honest question.

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #51 on: September 04, 2015, 12:56:59 PM

Is PoE the Pillars of Eternity or the Path of Exiles?  I may have mixed up the Eternity or the Exiles.  Game names make me feel fuzzy minded sometimes.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 04, 2015, 02:21:55 PM

1. Crafting Sage set.
3. Death Breaths

Honest question.

Cube Rare+DBs is so good because you get to choose the slot.  So I've been bloodsharding for all the armor peices, and Rare+DB for weapons.

Edit: quotes r hard!
Edit2: dammit! did it again!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:28:08 PM by Typhon »
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 04, 2015, 02:26:10 PM

Honest question.

What Typhon said. You can do both at the same time since you're running rifts for the DBs anyways. I found I preferred to use the cube for weapons, rings, and amulets and use blood shards for armor pieces since it's less expensive that way.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 04, 2015, 04:18:52 PM

It works REALLY well for class specific slots (fists, wands, class hats).

You can get those set pieces super fast.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 04, 2015, 06:09:37 PM

Is PoE the Pillars of Eternity or the Path of Exiles?  I may have mixed up the Eternity or the Exiles.  Game names make me feel fuzzy minded sometimes.

Path of Exile.  Sorry about that.

Cube Rare+DBs is so good because you get to choose the slot.  So I've been bloodsharding for all the armor peices, and Rare+DB for weapons.

Thanks!

-  Mark Twain
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 06, 2015, 07:55:54 AM

With bloodshards you also choose the slot, but you gamble on that slot.  With the cube, you're guaranteed to get a legendary or set piece, and it really feels like they tweaked the code to check for what you're missing.  Not only did I get the boots to complete Inna's set on the first try, I also got 3 pieces of Rainment of A Thousand whatever, the other ring paired with Focus, and it's now giving me Natalya set pieces.  On the first roll.

Diablowiki.net lists the undocumented recipes for Kanai's, namely you can put in a Puzzle Ring and open a portal to the goblin Vault, and you can put in a Bovine Bardiche and open a portal to the "Not the Cow Level".  The ring and the bardiche are consumed, of course.

I have an excess of Veiled Crystals, but instead of converting them to the lower mats, which takes Death's Breaths, keep in mind that recycling white trash at the blacksmith gives 8+ mats per item, and recycling blues seems to give 4+.  Given the fact that Death's Breaths are needed for all Kanai recipes, it's probably better to collect and recycle blues and whites than to use the cube to convert higher mats to lower.

EDIT:  The set, Krelm's Buff Belt and Bracers, has orange effects on the belt AND the bracers, and these effects can be "learned" in the cube, despite the items being green rather than orange.  I guess it makes sense, since sets are made of legendary items, but I destroyed a couple before I realized it.

Also, we apparently need to have an item in the stash or inventory in order for its appearance to be available to the Mystic's transmog.  I got a few weapons into Kanai's Cube and can no longer transmog my staff to look like them.  Kinda sucks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:01:49 AM by ajax34i »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 09, 2015, 02:20:23 AM

I love as running a rift that was one of those narrow underground tunnel level.  I hit a conduit pylon, took 2 steps, and ran into a goblinfest.

It was a good day.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 09, 2015, 07:05:14 AM

Played the hell out of this lately, but am getting discouraged.  My friends are playing a Barb/Monk and I'm on a wiz.  Unless you're playing a monk, barb, or wd right now anything over 60's is pretty much not happening.   So I'm left soloing if I want to play my wiz or they will be kind and drag me along for loot so I can gear up another toon.

-  Mark Twain
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 09, 2015, 08:03:26 AM

Played the hell out of this lately, but am getting discouraged.  My friends are playing a Barb/Monk and I'm on a wiz.  Unless you're playing a monk, barb, or wd right now anything over 60's is pretty much not happening.   So I'm left soloing if I want to play my wiz or they will be kind and drag me along for loot so I can gear up another toon.

Do you mean GR 60's?

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 09, 2015, 08:50:30 AM

Do you mean GR 60's?

Yes.  Seems that when you get above 62 right now on the leaderboards that it's dominated by barbs and monks.  When we do high 50's, the monk and barb I play with just carry me.

For the record, my wiz is struggling with Torment 8 while the barb/monk similarly geared are doing torment 10.  I may switch to a WD for the rest of the season to trio with them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:13:48 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 09:45:47 AM

Man, I remember when everybody was bitching about Wizards being the most OP.   awesome, for real

I love my wizard.  The play style is varied, and quite fun, even if you can't do the top most rifts (which I've never even attempted).

-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 09, 2015, 09:56:33 AM

I had a fire build that I really enjoyed playing but had to switch to a vyr archon to be able to contribute.  If I could find a viable ice/blizzard build that could easily solo torment 8, I'd probably just do that. 

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 12:32:54 PM

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but I'm having fun with an arcane wizard.  I want to marry Disintegrate and keep Hydra on the side as a girlfriend.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 09, 2015, 05:34:07 PM

Monk here, can't really survive past GR 26, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  But don't care, it's a casual game for me.  Currently toned back down to Torment 2 and farming act mats for the cube.  I can just about handle Torment 7 with my current gear and build (Inna, exploding palm and 7-strike), at some point I'll try a switch to Natalya gear and that run-around-twirling-my-staff power, see if that's better or worse.  But it's all for naught, because as soon as I'm done loading legendary powers into the cube, I'm gonna start a crusader from level 1 and take it easy with that.

More notes:

- I'm getting all sorts of hilarious achievements for killing bosses in under 30 seconds, and/or before they activate their special abilities or minions, so doing bounties for mats on T2/T1 difficulty is still somewhat amusing.
- Secheron does NOT seem to have randomized map areas, it's always the same map.  It does have bounties that send you there, pain in the butt as it's a long run to level 2 where most bounties are.
- There is a goblin shrine (chance to appear randomly as with other shrines), clicking it immediately spawns a goblinfest (at least 4 goblins, who immediately take off in different directions).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 09, 2015, 06:20:01 PM

Monks excel at higher GR ranks due to their tankiness rather than their dps.  I ran a bunch of GR 55's today with a monk and barb and it went surprisingly well.  If you gear for it, 7-sided strike can do some crazy good damage. 

-  Mark Twain
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 02:18:45 AM

Yeah, I just got most of the pieces for the 7 Sided Strike build I wanted, and moved over to that.  Holy crap, I am absolutely melting shit now, and its a fun build.

-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 06:29:43 AM

Need bigger stash.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 06:47:31 AM

Need bigger stash.

THIS!

I'd even pay for it.  HEAR THAT BLIZZARD??? TAKE MY MONIES!

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 06:51:01 AM

What in the fuck are you people putting in that stash? Are you saving every damn legendary you got ever?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Shit that IS 2.3 coming out  
Jump to: