Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:40:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Into the Badlands 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Into the Badlands  (Read 3972 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: August 24, 2015, 08:09:07 PM

Kinda looking forward to this. Post-Apoc, maybe spaghetti-westernish with swords.

http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-badlands/video-extras/official-comic-con-trailer-into-the-badlands-world-premiere

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:08:30 AM

I'll be honest, that looks terrible. While the premise is somewhat interesting, it's been seen and done elsewhere better. The action scenes in that trailer were 90's Herc/ Xena levels of stupid, but meant to be taken seriously because they're in a drama.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:56:50 AM

I'm on board.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:35:10 AM

If I can make it through Marco Polo, I can enjoy this.

-Rasix
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 06:52:10 PM

I'm gonna watch it specifically for the cheese factor.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 09:05:46 AM

every trailer scares me (cheese factor) but I know I NEED to see this on the off chance that it is filled with awesomsauce.

Professional Forum Lurker.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 10:21:33 AM

I have this on my queue, but I'm going to let you suckers be my poison testers friends let me know what you think before I give it an hour of my time. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 03:40:51 PM

Dude, its Ike Clanton!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 08:04:06 AM

Wondering if anyone else caught this?

It felt a little uneven to me but it was just the first episode. I chalk this up to some basic "world building" and establishing of characters. This being said, I enjoyed it and I'm sure it will find its footing.

I like the fights/settings. While watching you know as soon as they hit a cool location a fight is brewing.

Also I was caught a bit off guard by the

Professional Forum Lurker.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

Watched it. It was dumb fun with some good fight choreography (for a TV series). I'll stick with for now unless they blew through their budget in the first episode and it drop off in quality or something.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:41:35 AM

The fight scenes were good I am willing to give it some time to figure out where it is going before I make any final opinion. First episode is a lot of world building though. I do hope that one barron dies in a fire as his weird southern accent makes me want to cut him.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 07:25:41 AM

The "wire-fu" in this is great even past the pilot episode but damn is the writing bad. Still if they keep offering atleast one good fight scene per episode then I'll probably keep watching.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

I like this show a lot.  I will admit, however, it felt a bit slow in parts.  The fighting is really good and keeps me watching and I'm interested in seeing where the story/character progression goes.  Of course, the story is usually the most mundane component of martial arts films and mostly not the reason I get hooked on these sorts of films.  I thought it would be more camp and if the story is slow and the action infrequent, it probably needs to go more in that direction. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 12:27:20 AM

I liked the first episode, but I'm wary of the world building. Good martial arts things like movies don't have to make such a believable or convincing world because they've only got 90-120 minutes to fill and half of that is fighting. In a long form series, the shallowness of the world may end up hurting it. The fight choreography is really good, though.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:24 AM

Some good wheel chair fu last night. This show is a bit of a slow burn but I think stuff is likely to get very active by mid season as the wars start breaking out in full force.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 04:10:43 PM

So far, I'm loving it. Long drawn out doesn't bother me tho.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 03:06:46 AM

AMC renews Into the Badlands for 10-episode second season.

While the plot was pretty terrible some of the fight scenes were really great (for a tv-show) so I for one am glad there's going to be a second season even if it's not until 2017 .  awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 05:41:54 AM

AMC renews Into the Badlands for 10-episode second season.

While the plot was pretty terrible some of the fight scenes were really great (for a tv-show) so I for one am glad there's going to be a second season even if it's not until 2017 .  awesome, for real

I watched it all in a marathon last night. The atmosphere of the Southern Plantation meets feudal warlord Japan was interesting, but the dialogue is horrific. That being said, I've never once watched a Kung-Fu movie for the dialogue. I'll wait this if they would get the hell on with it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Into the Badlands  
Jump to: